SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

Theonlyonee

Reaction score
Hello,
I’m a new student that just enrolled in UOL after completing my bridging. I have some questions which I hope if any if you all have the answers to, can dm me and help me out here. I’m in BsC in Banking and Finance
My SSCE is tomorrow and I plan to take
Macroeconomics
APFM
Principles of Banking and Finance
Principles of Corporate Finance.
Anyone knows who’s the recommended lecturers and class timings?
Also do you all recommend macro or micro more because I’m still in a dilemma
Thank you very much 🥲🙏🏻

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Hello,
I’m a new student that just enrolled in UOL after completing my bridging. I have some questions which I hope if any if you all have the answers to, can dm me and help me out here. I’m in BsC in Banking and Finance
My SSCE is tomorrow and I plan to take
Macroeconomics
APFM
Principles of Banking and Finance
Principles of Corporate Finance.
Anyone knows who’s the recommended lecturers and class timings?
Also do you all recommend macro or micro more because I’m still in a dilemma
Thank you very much 🥲🙏🏻
For ur sanity, pls take micro

bforbez

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have David Quek's MSM and Quek KP's EBIZ Schedules? PM me pleaseeee :( Many Thanks in Advance!!!

chnmngr

Reaction score
Hi anyone needs help with/wanna discuss the below subjects:

-Financial Reporting
-Management Accounting
-Principles of Accounting
-Financial Management
-Principles of Banking and Finance
-Audit and Assurance

please pm me!

Iamnobodyla

Reaction score
Giving away macroeconomics notes by Clare kon 2012 and past year papers from 2008 to 2011.
Meet up at bedok at my convenience

hungry_go_where

Reaction score
Hi anyone needs help with/wanna discuss the below subjects:

-Financial Reporting
-Management Accounting
-Principles of Accounting
-Financial Management
-Principles of Banking and Finance
-Audit and Assurance

please pm me!
helo i cant pm u so i just reply u here, are u finding study buddies?

Reussir

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to clear my final year in Bsc in Business and Management. I pondering over my last 2 selection of modules and thinking to pick among these 3.. Can anyone advise which are the easier modules to clear and better chance of higher score?

1. Organisation Theory: An Interdisciplinary Approach
2. Managerial Economics
3. Strategy

Appreciate if you have past experience to share. Thanks!

mbfive

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to be an independent/private candidate?

I am contemplating on whether to study at SIM or just study independently and just sit for the exams, can anyone share the pros & cons. Thanks.

xxxibgdrgn

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know who’s the lecturer for online Introduction to Econs (EC1002) for the class commencing 8 Oct 12-3pm?

Do lmk! Intending to do class swap but want to know who’s teaching first

tryingtosurvive

Reaction score
Anyone who applied for admin recheck got a reply from UOL yet? Applied for it more than a month ago but they still haven't updated anything despite "You will receive a written response indicating whether an administrative error has been identified, usually within 20 working days."
I have applied on the 7 sep and gotten my result 17 sep

tryingtosurvive

Reaction score
Anyone who applied for admin recheck got a reply from UOL yet? Applied for it more than a month ago but they still haven't updated anything despite "You will receive a written response indicating whether an administrative error has been identified, usually within 20 working days."

mbfive

Reaction score
Anyone know why I can't proceed with continuing registration in UOL Portal? It keeps showing me October 2020/21 Assesment instead of the 2021/22 academic year.

Reussir

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to be an independent/private candidate?

I am contemplating on whether to study at SIM or just study independently and just sit for the exams, can anyone share the pros & cons. Thanks.
@mbfive I was in SIM before but now I am studying independently for my last year, and to be honest, it is really tough to study independent. Maybe it will work better for theory based modules, but for concept and maths, it going to be even tougher without guidance. If you can, study with a school is better.

queeniez

Reaction score
Hi seniors!
I would like to ask about how do we go submitting an application looking for job that requires GPA to be input instead of leaving it blank? As i'm aware that UOL does not have any GPA, and the job portal often requires the GPA to be filled in . Any reliable gpa calculator to be used online?

Sholune

Reaction score
Hi seniors!
I would like to ask about how do we go submitting an application looking for job that requires GPA to be input instead of leaving it blank? As i'm aware that UOL does not have any GPA, and the job portal often requires the GPA to be filled in . Any reliable gpa calculator to be used online?
If possible you can just write your degree classification in the blanks eg. 2nd Upper Class. If not just find the average gpa that's is closest to your current degree classification.

mbfive

Reaction score
@mbfive I was in SIM before but now I am studying independently for my last year, and to be honest, it is really tough to study independent. Maybe it will work better for theory based modules, but for concept and maths, it going to be even tougher without guidance. If you can, study with a school is better.
Can I ask what was the procedure like to go from SIM student to independent candidate? Do you have to withdraw from SIM first, then you can register with UOL as an independent candidate?

cczzyy12

Reaction score
Hi! May I know if anyone took the mods EC2066, AC2091 and AC2097? Would like to ask what were the exam dates for these papers last year for the exams in may. And does anyone know if the dates will remain the same every year or it depends? thank you

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.