AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

jaxel80

Reaction score
Can I jus check, when was the last 30% discount code avaliable? Tis yr Feb? Currently any more 30% discount codes?

KYOGRE

Reaction score
Can I jus check, when was the last 30% discount code avaliable? Tis yr Feb? Currently any more 30% discount codes?
IIRC this feb, now no longer 30%. Also I believed the 30% discount was erroneously enabled across all products by the web dev.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
normal business and leisure use, maybe light gaming.
ok to pay a bit more for future proofing
u can consider the Lenovo Legion 5 15" / Legion 5 Pro 15" / legion 5 17"

The currently AMD 5000 series cpu + the Nvidia 3000 series graphics card is definitely able to last you a good 3 to 5 years (of course depending on your usage and how you maintain your machines)

plus, you can connect multiple monitors to one laptop if you wish to work wth 2 or more monitors.

my Thinkpad T495s is still going strong after 2years of usage for work

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can consider the Lenovo Legion 5 15" / Legion 5 Pro 15" / legion 5 17"

The currently AMD 5000 series cpu + the Nvidia 3000 series graphics card is definitely able to last you a good 3 to 5 years (of course depending on your usage and how you maintain your machines)

plus, you can connect multiple monitors to one laptop if you wish to work wth 2 or more monitors.

my Thinkpad T495s is still going strong after 2years of usage for work
thanks. i connect to external monitor, so i guess 17" may not be necessary and would be too bulky when i bring it for overseas trip
Lenovo Legion 5 15" / Legion 5 Pro 15" sounds like great option. how do they compare with yoga slim 7 pro besides being abit light at 2.1kg...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks. i connect to external monitor, so i guess 17" may not be necessary and would be too bulky when i bring it for overseas trip
Lenovo Legion 5 15" / Legion 5 Pro 15" sounds like great option. how do they compare with yoga slim 7 pro besides being abit light at 2.1kg...
Gaming laptops are generally on the heavy side even if they bear the word "slim"

The lightest Legion is the Legion 7 Pro at 1.9KG but with the heavy 230W charging brick... the combine weight can hit 2.5KG

if you intend to bring it abroad.... you might wanna consider another brand...

Asus Flow. it is a 13" ultra portable gaming laptop. First of its kind
but the price also on the high side

Last edited:

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lenovo call centre in India is very inefficient. Raise a ticket for legion 2 times, there is no reply. Disappointing...

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
any brick and mortar shops to try out thinkpads and thinkbooks? the challenger and courts i went to only had ideapads and legions.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like a better buy than legion 5 with bigger battery, lighter weight and better screen
7iX9G03.jpg

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score
has anyone here bought thinkbook 16p? can't find much info on it, even though i think it launched in March.

RTX 3060 at 2kg looks very nice

KYOGRE

Reaction score

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
been looking for thin and light ryzen laptops and stumbled upon the hp probook 635 aero g8.
very impressive in terms of what it offers: 13.3 inch (16:9 sadly) metal chassis at 1kg, upwards firing speakers, 1.5mm key travel, camera privacy shutter, 53wh battery, 400 nit display etc. but the really impressive bit for me was that it had sodimm slots, which is becoming increasingly rare on other laptops. not sure if there are other zen 3 u series laptops with sodimm slots in such a thin and light form factor other than t14 non s.
https://www.hp.com/sg-en/shop/lapto...-probook-635-aero-g8-notebook-pc-499c9pa.htmlonly issue is the price, local srp is close to $2k, can buy gaming laptop liao. but it seems it is quite inflated, overseas can get for about 1.1-1.2k before shipping. also very few reviews.

madhardy4

Reaction score
been looking for thin and light ryzen laptops and stumbled upon the hp probook 635 aero g8.
very impressive in terms of what it offers: 13.3 inch (16:9 sadly) metal chassis at 1kg, upwards firing speakers, 1.5mm key travel, camera privacy shutter, 53wh battery, 400 nit display etc. but the really impressive bit for me was that it had sodimm slots, which is becoming increasingly rare on other laptops. not sure if there are other zen 3 u series laptops with sodimm slots in such a thin and light form factor other than t14 non s.
https://www.hp.com/sg-en/shop/lapto...-probook-635-aero-g8-notebook-pc-499c9pa.htmlonly issue is the price, local srp is close to $2k, can buy gaming laptop liao. but it seems it is quite inflated, overseas can get for about 1.1-1.2k before shipping. also very few reviews.
You can purchase from this seller from Carousell. He purchases sets from China, and this model comes with HP's international warranty. Have to check with him on the waiting time...

https://www.carousell.sg/p/hp-probook-635-aero-g8-1105526044/

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
You can purchase from this seller from Carousell. He purchases sets from China, and this model comes with HP's international warranty. Have to check with him on the waiting time...

https://www.carousell.sg/p/hp-probook-635-aero-g8-1105526044/
oh yeah I found his listing on carou yesterday too. it's a very fair price and not much different from if I am procuring it myself. the listing does mention 6-9 working days lead time, which is reasonable. it seems like he also does pre order for other laptops series too, like the acer swift x (1.5 for 5800u + 3050) for way cheaper than local prices too, only thing is warranty is not guaranteed depending on manufacturer policy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.