What is the scariest city you have visited?

bigrooster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
None. Even Mumbai that time seemed ok and I felt comfortable there (made multiple biz trips there).

But now, I find SG quite a scary city. Too densely populated. Costs of living kept rising. Too many aliens. And now the (mis) management of covid. Maybe it's because I live here.

HappyWorld1

Master Member
Reaction score
IT slave... they fly the cheapest guy over to deliver the network equipment for new office :s13:

at the same time help them console the new stuff so they can configure :frown:
In cambodia? Interesting place to start business.

kandan

Reaction score
None. Even Mumbai that time seemed ok and I felt comfortable there (made multiple biz trips there).

But now, I find SG quite a scary city. Too densely populated. Costs of living kept rising. Too many aliens. And now the (mis) management of covid. Maybe it's because I live here.
You are ignorant... All cosmopolitan cities are flooded with ppl from everywhere...

Cities in india are flooded with aliens from other part of the country.. who simply are having different language and habits... Just that the name is one country..

The same goes with china too..

LionsTurf

Master Member
Reaction score
Bahrain..

thats not a big place.. once after dinner we are driving in the dessert exploring... detour into a small town... knn.. those huge snackbarians whipping themselves with some leather slapper on their back and chanting!

Our spider sense immediately go high alert U turn faster floor pedal out!
Last time a few years before Arab Spring, I took a wrong turn into a Shia village around Ashura, very intimidating.

During Arab Spring was supposed to drive with some colleagues from UAE to Oman but got delayed and flew to Muscat instead, those colleagues caught up in Sohar during a riot on the main roundabout.

Lance321

Master Member
Reaction score
Mexico city. I didn't feel comfortable over there and almost wanted to book a flight back. So many street gangs walking around. You must be very careful especially if you get into any argument with a random stranger and bump into the wrong people. I feel even the most hardcore s'pore ah bengs balls will shrink over there.

haiyata

Master Member
Reaction score
All these places I went alone.

Few cities in India. Not the people but the hygiene, especially the water.

phnom penh if you don't stay at the Nagaworld hotel is quite scary.

Philippines, I went Makati City I don't feel that bad. Maybe other city is bad.

New York at night is quite scary in the subway.

London and Manchester at night is great.

Australia is fine to me.

Indonesia Makassar is ok.

haiyata

Master Member
Reaction score
Mexico city. I didn't feel comfortable over there and almost wanted to book a flight back. So many street gangs walking around. You must be very careful especially if you get into any argument with a random stranger and bump into the wrong people. I feel even the most hardcore s'pore ah bengs balls will shrink over there.

this one must be scary. I heard many stories kena rob easily

keithtan1979

Reaction score
Yeendia...for business trip.

Really :sick: no joke.
Same. Landed at Mumbai in early evening for a morning meeting for a video conference a decade ago. Late afternoon left the country. Really cannot tahan the place.

hmmm now u make me wonder why my boss insist we go to India when we can just do teleconference in Singapore.

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far... Can't decide between Bali and San Francisco.

Bali I took wrong taxi... Thought was blue bird... After enter then no meter... And the driver was somewhat hostile too... Luckily had calm fiancé by my side...

San Francisco... I went walk around on my own... While hubby worked...
Then I ventured to the tenderloin area and the 20+ Street in search of good food... Siao lang, big and burly American blacks sometimes in a group, then some St cannot see other people, the shops are heavily locked and many posters of beware of criminals
Oh and full of sai on the roads, smell of urine here and there, occasionally weed smell

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester —- got mugged once

Madrid/Barcelona —- constantly being targeted… not sure is it a racial thing or just want to rob us… but luckily we stayed on crowded streets and avoided any incidents

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Delhi. I arrived at the airport see masses of people everywhere, shouting and pushing. Some lying on the floor. I thought airport kena terrorist attack, but was told by local that it is normal o_O

Agreed .... India is quite scary coz' foreigners are advised against drinking any local tap water.... otherwise you will definitely suffer from severe diarrhea

Everytime I eat or drink anything there, I have to think 2x before doing so.

The first time I ever went to India was a total culture shock.

Can smell Cow Dung the moment I stepped out of Indira Ghandi Airport.

Got totally naked beggars who are so poor, they don't even own any clothes. ( The beggars in all other countries are at least clothed)

Can also see and smell human faeces at railways.

insanelad

Reaction score
after i watched 'sicario', i don't dare to go mexico liao.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.