What is the scariest city you have visited?

shredded

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tokyo. Went to red light district wanted to go to their soap massage parlour. Walked into a shop unit with some curtain closed. Immediately a Yakuza kid came after me and started shouted. When I stepped out of the shop, his Tao was there staring at me. Luckily they just ask me to FO. Scary af.
japanese red light district doesn't accept foreigners

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Johannesburg. Feel like being watched all the time.

Medellin. Don’t even dare go out without a local guide.

Ang kor. Feels like will kena robbed
Same, Nairobi and Kenya same feeling. Like half of them jobless stand around the street staring at you with the white eyeballs emphasised by the black faces.

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed .... India is quite scary coz' foreigners are advised against drinking any local tap water.... otherwise you will definitely suffer from severe diarrhea

Everytime I eat or drink anything there, I have to think 2x before doing so.

The first time I ever went to India was a total culture shock.

Can smell Cow Dung the moment I stepped out of Indira Ghandi Airport.

Got totally naked beggars who are so poor, they don't even own any clothes. ( The beggars in all other countries are at least clothed)

Can also see and smell human faeces at railways.
Gotch naked female beggars or notch? :o

starmerck

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hamburg, Germany.

suay suay book BnB at red light district..knn all the people there like the bad guys you see in movies

honeymoon in Prague and decide to take train there and we just wing it

scary

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
You should consult German resident Orionz for best places to stay in Germany next time

Blue Kirin

Reaction score
Buenaventura in Colombia.
Rampant daily muders, robberies, kidnapping, gang wars, drug trafficking etc
Local agent posted native guard at the gangway. Instructions to forbid anybody from disembarking. No point reasoning with this guard as he only understand his village native tongue.
Agent warned if you step ashore, most probably you will disappear. Recently a foreigner was found on the beach nearby with his throat slit open. Heard he was trying to look for drugs.j

PooterKingII

Reaction score
Mexico

Go out at night better wear wrestling mask aka Mucha Lucha. People either avoid you or ask for autograph.

LoaGong12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bahrain..

thats not a big place.. once after dinner we are driving in the dessert exploring... detour into a small town... knn.. those huge snackbarians whipping themselves with some leather slapper on their back and chanting!

Our spider sense immediately go high alert U turn faster floor pedal out!
Noting scary la. They won’t beat u up. That’s just a shiite religious commemoration.

HeatWave

Reaction score
Paris was quite an experience for me, almost get scammed left right center the moment I left the train station :oops:

LoaGong12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All these places I went alone.

Few cities in India. Not the people but the hygiene, especially the water.

phnom penh if you don't stay at the Nagaworld hotel is quite scary.

Philippines, I went Makati City I don't feel that bad. Maybe other city is bad.

New York at night is quite scary in the subway.

London and Manchester at night is great.

Australia is fine to me.

Indonesia Makassar is ok.
Was this a long time ago? Was in Phnom Penh years ago n it seemed fine

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
Leicester. Once stepped out of metro, already got this man spotted me (Asian lady) and followed me opposite many streets even I am in a crowded place.

LoaGong12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 cities come to mind. Cape town - when I see even the KFC cashier booth is protected by iron grilles, i know I must be mindful when walking around. Atlanta - took subway to town and next morning read news that someone was killed in the subway carriage on the same subway line and around the same time that I was travelling in.
Cape Town isn’t that bad compared to Johannesburg!

LoaGong12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have actually been to quite a few cities listed in this thread. Manchester, Melbourne, Myanmar, cambodia, Paris - all are quite ok leh. Just don't be stupid.

but, nothing comes close to Johannesburg. even if you're street smart, it's really down to heng suay.
I didn’t step out once it was evening at Johannesburg at all. Just needed to go there to see the Nelson Mandela museum. N sat on the city tour bus . That’s all

LoaGong12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait till you go Yeendia.
1) Bali, blue bird taxi driver is a seh kah and offered me magic mushroom. Piang. Was soo scare he will buang the car.

2) Sydney, was waiting at traffic light and some ang moh just throw glass bottle on the road and say fU and go back to your own country.

3) KL, was exploring the city at night then can feel some kup kia rider camping to Rob you.
Magic mushroom nothing la.. common there

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.