Seatrium (formerly known as SembCorp Marine) *Official* (SGX: S51)

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make no sense for who subscribed at 8c for what it's worth and then give back to to TH at the same price, even for those who subscribed to average their cost.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually I exited once the announcement is made. There are more attractive stocks in US. Why continue to invest in this?

rayleigh

Reaction score
Me too. Holding onto something which I dun even have confident. Worst, call for another right issue in 2022.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the upside of selling back to temasek now at 0.08 is to save on commission n misc fees..if have very little shares can consider doing so, but those with large holdings can hold out for privatization offer, not sure if it will ever materialize

geographic

Reaction score
What will happen to our share if we refused to accept the mandatory offer of $0.08 and the company is subsequently delisted?

mooseolly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What will happen to our share if we refused to accept the mandatory offer of $0.08 and the company is subsequently delisted?
If I am not wrong, even if delisted. You are still a shareholder just that you cannot actively trade it on an exchange now.

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BASED on feedback received by the Securities Investors Association (Singapore) or Sias, there is confusion and misunderstanding within some segments of the retail investing public over Temasek Holdings' mandatory conditional general offer to acquire all the issued and paid-up ordinary shares in Sembcorp Marine (Sembmarine).

Some retail investors think that whenever a takeover offer is tabled, it must be at a premium to the share price at the time in order to make sense. Since Sembmarine's shares traded just above S$0.08 on Sep 22 when the offer was announced, they are wondering why Temasek has been allowed to offer only S$0.08.

Others have asked if the word "mandatory'' means that they are compelled by law to accept the offer.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...andatory-for-temasek-but-not-for-shareholders

geographic

Reaction score
Thanks. I lost big time on this share. Bought 3.97 in 2014. Almost 97% wipeout.
I did not expect this once "Blue Cheat" to stoop so low at $0.08. The whole management is still there despite the poor performance of the company. I think if I am not wrong it was delisted previously before.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.