HSBC Step Up Promo - Part 2

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
did anyone try to reach HSBC via internet banking? I send message to them last weekend, until now, no reply yet :(

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
you do 5 transactions out?
for me, min 5 transfer to non-hsbc and $5000 inwards transfer.

i said it many time and again, if this your 1st month you also need to ensure all these criteria are satisfied so that it unlocks the E+ Cashback cashback criteria then onwards till the next month end. any txn done b4 unlocking the cashback, will not earn any E+ cashback.

subsequent months is a breeze as you would have unlocked it prior month. repeat, rinse, repeat the steps, and monthly will have no issues.

Localborn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i said it many time and again, if this your 1st month you also need to ensure all these criteria are satisfied so that it unlocks the E+ Cashback cashback criteria then onwards till the next month end. any txn done b4 unlocking the cashback, will not earn any E+ cashback.

subsequent months is a breeze as you would have unlocked it prior month. repeat, rinse, repeat the steps, and monthly will have no issues.

Sorry for the noob questions:

1. What are the cashback criteria to unlock cashback?

2. And cashback is just from:
1. Cc/debit card spend
2. Giro of cc payments?

3. What is the cap for rebate?

Huat80

Reaction score

I would suggest to do a small spending ($1 suffices) with debit/credit card one day after you have done the inward and outward fund transfer as you will get the $0.01 rebate only one day after the posting. This could be a better assurance than Customer Service.

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob questions:

1. What are the cashback criteria to unlock cashback?

2. And cashback is just from:
1. Cc/debit card spend
2. Giro of cc payments?

3. What is the cap for rebate?

re-posting

Everyday+ Cashback (aka E+) is a newly repackaged/coined cashback scheme starting 2 Aug, that lets you earn 1% cashback for your spending across all your:
(A) credit/debit cards &;
(B) GIRO deduction payments from EGA account.

In order to qualify and unlock the E+ cashback for the current and following month for (A) and (B), you need to clock 05 x eligible transaction + deposit fresh fund $2k (Personal Banking cust) or $5k (Premier/Jade cust) to start earning 1% one day after the 5th eligible transaction is clocked.

Eligible transaction can consist of:
1) debit/credit card posted transactions
2) fund transfers to non-HSBC account
3) GIRO deductions.

At the same time by completing the E+ cashback criteria, it also unlocks and fulfils the 1% p.a. Bonus Interest on the EGA account at the same time for those looking to deposit savings into the EGA account.

T&C: https://cdn.hsbc.com.sg/content/dam...tions-governing-everydayrewards-programme.pdf

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score

actually, this is my 3rd month
- Aug = my account
- Sep = wife account
- Oct = back to my account

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody did not receive the Pay and transfer $55 yet can call the hotline to check, mine finally got credited yesterday, although they told me that those eligible for it would have received by early last week .

Thanks HSBC!
H.A.P.P.Y :)

sqrtii

Reaction score
hi, anyone can advice what's the cheapest way to withdraw usd (~10K) from hsbc? let's put in Dbs. thanks

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, anyone can advice what's the cheapest way to withdraw usd (~10K) from hsbc? let's put in Dbs. thanks

go counter ask for Cashier's Order in own name,
... 1st CO (but dont know over what period) is FOC
... i have done several times over the years n it is free ... hope it is still the case

sqrtii

Reaction score
go counter ask for Cashier's Order in own name,
... 1st CO (but dont know over what period) is FOC
... i have done several times over the years n it is free ... hope it is still the case
thanks. CO deposit into DBS is free? and CO can deposit into other family member's DBS?

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
very disappointed with hsbc. open ega account end of may online, thought i will be able to claim free grab credits but now they decline grab credits gift about 50 value if im not wrong.

my account is approved on 26 may (no card and acc details) with an email telling me that they will mail me card and acc details in a week. When i received my account details physically 2 weeks later, i banked in first deposit at 10 june.

Their reason for declining me the grab credit is i did not bank in deposit by end of may.
I do not even have account details provided to me how i deposit??
wonderful customer service. raised up to cso. different cso checked and now revert me a NO after 2 weeks. going to close account and blacklist this bank.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their reason for declining me the grab credit is i did not bank in deposit by end of may.
I do not even have account details provided to me how i deposit??
did the promo Terms state when must deposit ?

deposit within same month seemed rather strict ... usually wld expect latest by end of next calendar month

or is it bcos that promo is only for month of May ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.