DBS Live Fresh Card

kram62

Reaction score
Since the due date is tomorrow, 11 Oct, the statement for the CC should have already been generated maybe around 2 weeks ago (which at that time, your GIRO arrangement has not yet been setup in DBS ibanking website).

Hence, I believe to be safe, you should setup the GIRO arrangement (DBS ibanking), before your CC statement is generated (so that the statement will indicate "deduction will be by GIRO").
I should have phrased my question better. I was not speaking of my own case, just asking about the time the giro is deducted from the account with respect to the due date. So now let's assume the due date is Monday November 8. When would the giro trigger?

stonkogu

Reaction score
Is there a way to check our current qualified spend? And breakdown by segment (online/contactless/etc) ?

Mun-chen

Reaction score
Yes. Choose credit card / VISA when topping up.

As long as transaction is through VISA, it counts into minimum spend.
Thanks a lot for the confirmation. I know it doesnt count towards rebate. Now i can safely top up using Fresh Card to meet this month minimum pay. THanks again!

buggerbuggerbrinjal

Reaction score
Does online spend in foreign currency count? I just paid in USD using the card, not sure what the currency conversion fees are. 2.8%? Hope it counts towards online spend so I can hit the $300 requirement. Can see whether the charge counts toward a category in digibank app e-Statement?

Any advice appreciated

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does online spend in foreign currency count? I just paid in USD using the card, not sure what the currency conversion fees are. 2.8%? Hope it counts towards online spend so I can hit the $300 requirement. Can see whether the charge counts toward a category in digibank app e-Statement?

Any advice appreciated
3.25%, count as online if processed online and mcc is eligible, can only see merchant category in DBS app, maybe can try call to check whether processed online

buggerbuggerbrinjal

Reaction score
3.25%, count as online if processed online and mcc is eligible, can only see merchant category in DBS app, maybe can try call to check whether processed online
Ah thanks. Wow 3.25%...means got to think if it's worth using for foreign currency payments. Use Youtrip better if no need to accumulate spend.

The DBS app shows Type "Online/In-App Payment", Category "Dining" lol. Sounds like it counts but not certain. Haiyoh wish they would show the merchant category code (MCC), really too leceh to call to confirm.

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had one purchase with a Shopify merchant which was done online but it was classified as 'Mail/Telephone order'.... extremely weird. not sure if if anyone contest on this before?

ironsockets

Reaction score
New to this, if I hit the minimum spend in October, the Cashback will be credited to me in November's billing correct?

Edit*

Also, if I pay my bills from using another bank, how long does it take for POSB to update the bill?

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
from my experience, usually 2-3 days
New to this, if I hit the minimum spend in October, the Cashback will be credited to me in November's billing correct?

Edit*

Also, if I pay my bills from using another bank, how long does it take for POSB to update the bill?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.