Any foldable bicycle below 10kg to recommend?

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

aireth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Foldable bike experts. Noob qns.

Can ask what is the difference between Dahon k3, Dahon ion denver 10 speed?
Beside cost diff, how to see if which one is more suitable for you?
Also camp lite 11 like similar as well.

https://www.bikerepublic.com.sg/product/dahon-ion-denver-10-speedhttps://www.bikerepublic.com.sg/product/dahon-k3-blue-1https://mobot.sg/shop/bicycle-bike/foldable-folding-bicycles/camp-lite-11-foldable-bicycle/
Gears: Shimano Tiagra 10 vs OEM 3
Wheel Size: 20 vs 14
Brakes: Mechanical Disc vs Rim
Weight: one is abt 4kg more
There's nothing someone can tell you what is suitable for you except to try them out yourself and if you are willing to pay for the difference.

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gears: Shimano Tiagra 10 vs OEM 3
Wheel Size: 20 vs 14
Brakes: Mechanical Disc vs Rim
Weight: one is abt 4kg more
There's nothing someone can tell you what is suitable for you except to try them out yourself and if you are willing to pay for the difference.
i think i roughly get it.

Too mani upgradable parts, thus veri confusing for beginners like me.

Most importantly is to go down and try.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh don't mind me advert here.. I'd rather let go my bikes here for fellow edmwers than go caurohell..

I got 2 foldies - Travelo FSS Black Edition to let go.

Main bike specs: 451 tyres, shimano deore groupset, please google "travelo fss black edition for full specs"

They are well used but also well maintained because Travelo offers free lifetime basic servicing which we utilized and have even paid for premium servicing.

We are throwing in below upgrades on BOTH BIKES for as part of the sales.

1. Ergon GP3 Biokork handlebars (one pair easily cost 80 bucks if brand new)
2. Single stand upgraded to double kickstand (litepro, $35 bucks if brand new)
3. Brakepads recently changed too :D

One bike has upgraded shimano deore XT M8040 pedals, retails brand new about $150. This will cost slightly more expensive than the bike with stock pedal, if you don't want upgraded pedals, I can remove and add in stock.

Both bikes also have "Spurcycle bells on them (black), letting go for $80 each if interested." Otherwise I will remove them before selling.

Thing is both bikes have vinyl stickers on them, I'm not willing to remove them myself till deal's closed or you can just peel off after heating with a hairdryer lah, won't leave marks.

Can test ride at my location.

1. Bike with stock pedals is 780 friendship price
2. Bike with shimano pedals is 850

Selling because we're upgrading to Birdy rohloff, sales is not urgent. Can go check caurosell out, mine is the most upgraded and yet cheapest.

Last edited:

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh don't mind me advert here.. I'd rather let go my bikes here for fellow edmwers than go caurohell..

I got 2 foldies - Travelo FSS Black Edition to let go.

Main bike specs: 451 tyres, shimano deore groupset, please google "travelo fss black edition for full specs"

They are well used but also well maintained because Travelo offers free lifetime basic servicing which we utilized and have even paid for premium servicing.

We are throwing in below upgrades on BOTH BIKES for as part of the sales.

1. Ergon GP3 Biokork handlebars (one pair easily cost 80 bucks if brand new)
2. Single stand upgraded to double kickstand (litepro, $35 bucks if brand new)
3. Brakepads recently changed too :D

One bike has upgraded shimano deore XT M8040 pedals, retails brand new about $150. This will cost slightly more expensive than the bike with stock pedal, if you don't want upgraded pedals, I can remove and add in stock.

Both bikes also have "Spurcycle bells on them (black), letting go for $80 each if interested." Otherwise I will remove them before selling.

Thing is both bikes have vinyl stickers on them, I'm not willing to remove them myself till deal's closed or you can just peel off after heating with a hairdryer lah, won't leave marks.

Can test ride at my location.

1. Bike with stock pedals is 780 friendship price
2. Bike with shimano pedals is 850

Selling because we're upgrading to Birdy rohloff, sales is not urgent. Can go check caurosell out, mine is the most upgraded and yet cheapest.
Mind asking what makes you decided to upgrade to Birdy rohloff?

jericho75

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMG_0697-1024x768.jpg

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking from experience … bike if too light won’t give you good riding comfort… only good for you to carry around …. But then who buy bike to carry around ?
I bought 10.6kg Crius Master D rode for two weeks find the weight balance not to my liking, on rough PCN paths you will experience alot flex, if too fast might experience bike ‘flying’….
Sold off and bought a Mobot Royale

you should try out trifold bikes like 3sixty, Pikes, etc…. They are more within your budget under $1k…

HirotoXeno

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking from experience … bike if too light won’t give you good riding comfort… only good for you to carry around …. But then who buy bike to carry around ?
I bought 10.6kg Crius Master D rode for two weeks find the weight balance not to my liking, on rough PCN paths you will experience alot flex, if too fast might experience bike ‘flying’….
Sold off and bought a Mobot Royale

you should try out trifold bikes like 3sixty, Pikes, etc…. They are more within your budget under $1k…
Brompton give you a better ride. And alot customisation.

smellyfish

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brompton fold is compact do it feels lighter to carry because the CG is closer to your body. The dahon fold makes the CG further out so heavier.

HirotoXeno

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brompton fold is compact do it feels lighter to carry because the CG is closer to your body. The dahon fold makes the CG further out so heavier.
Not to mention ,You can also use it as a shopping cart in supermarket too

ninelives

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont get those heavy bike lah. u will regret. 10kg is too much.

i got 6 bikes, foldie, mtb, road bike, all have. those who said light not stable or not comfortable. RUBBISH !!!!!

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive this thread, wana seek expert opinion.

I saw quite afew models out there that are pretty similar, Hito X4, Fnhon Tornado, Crius Velocity. Besides the parts that are changed to Litepro, am I right to say that their body frames are the same?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.