How Jamus Lim’s broken heart from a failed relationship with his then-girlfriend redefine him and led him to politics

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
His post came right in time for International Day for Failure, which falls on Oct 13. It’s a day when “people are encouraged to throw away the shame associated with failing, whether the failure is personal or professional,” according to mental health advocacy Calm Collective Asia. Hence, the hashtag.

The Sengkang MP wrote that when his girlfriend broke up with him, it was “one of the darkest moments” in his life.

It had been a five-year relationship where he had considered the woman as the person that he “was destined to marry,” and the break-up was devastating.

At that time he was about to start the dissertation for his PhD, but heartbreak left him unable to do so.

“It is said that it takes at least an extra month to get over every additional year of being with someone. So I was due for around half a year of pain and anguish.

Although I was supposed to launch right into my research, it became impossible; any extended time of pondering led me to dwell on the lost relationship.”

Assoc Prof Lim described his heartbreak this way:

“Broken relationships aren’t an uncommon experience for most people. Still, it was a very rough time for me. My faith was challenged, and I found little comfort in the distractions that I had set up for myself.

My studies seemed to be meaningless, and I even started to blame the failure of our relationship on the fact that I had chosen to study abroad. I spent a lot of time alone, floating in a mental haze: going for long walks in the woods, listening to sappy jazz songs about breakup, nursing drinks till closing on Sunday night at the bar.”

However, right around the six-month mark, things got better. He writes that he learned to calm down and regain inner peace, as well as be on his own.

“I learned to be comfortable in solitude, rather than sad. I found the release that allowed me to enjoy solo hikes, rainy day jazz, and lonely drinks. The failed relationship taught me how to find myself again.”

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/sing...-him-to-politics/ar-AAPvQYB?ocid=winp1taskbar

curiosity_20

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The question is can Jamus redefine Singapore's politics or is he going to be just all talk and no-action?

coern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He is basically calling out sinkiebu for being pus*y itchy cannot stay faithful to LDR, and praising his own skills to land AMDK waifu…

His post came right in time for International Day for Failure, which falls on Oct 13. It’s a day when “people are encouraged to throw away the shame associated with failing, whether the failure is personal or professional,” according to mental health advocacy Calm Collective Asia. Hence, the hashtag.

The Sengkang MP wrote that when his girlfriend broke up with him, it was “one of the darkest moments” in his life.

It had been a five-year relationship where he had considered the woman as the person that he “was destined to marry,” and the break-up was devastating.

At that time he was about to start the dissertation for his PhD, but heartbreak left him unable to do so.

“It is said that it takes at least an extra month to get over every additional year of being with someone. So I was due for around half a year of pain and anguish.

Although I was supposed to launch right into my research, it became impossible; any extended time of pondering led me to dwell on the lost relationship.”

Assoc Prof Lim described his heartbreak this way:

“Broken relationships aren’t an uncommon experience for most people. Still, it was a very rough time for me. My faith was challenged, and I found little comfort in the distractions that I had set up for myself.

My studies seemed to be meaningless, and I even started to blame the failure of our relationship on the fact that I had chosen to study abroad. I spent a lot of time alone, floating in a mental haze: going for long walks in the woods, listening to sappy jazz songs about breakup, nursing drinks till closing on Sunday night at the bar.”

However, right around the six-month mark, things got better. He writes that he learned to calm down and regain inner peace, as well as be on his own.

“I learned to be comfortable in solitude, rather than sad. I found the release that allowed me to enjoy solo hikes, rainy day jazz, and lonely drinks. The failed relationship taught me how to find myself again.”

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/sing...-him-to-politics/ar-AAPvQYB?ocid=winp1taskbar

Zinna

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wtf. Got time post all this bullsh!t can spend it doing smth about our covid situation anot. Idgaf about your love life uncle. Ppl dying out here.
Why you think Jamus Lim can do anything about the covid situation :s13:

Helplahhhh

Reaction score
Why you think Jamus Lim can do anything about the covid situation :s13:
We paying his #%^$&/ ass to try. Not tell us about his love life. OYK say no time explain what. Maybe if jamus and WP is for the ppl like they claim, they could help out?

BohemianSG

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Knn. How old already still talking about 20 years ago romance. Act drama and romantic.

BohemianSG

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We paying his #%^$&/ ass to try. Not tell us about his love life. OYK say no time explain what. Maybe if jamus and WP is for the ppl like they claim, they could help out?

He not free lah. Last month go holiday, this month emo about lost romance from 20 years ago.

marygoround

Master Member
Reaction score
How to help out ? Majority seats is still pap. Until the seating becomes 50-50 then we can expect. Okay? Now don't jjww so much... Cause you know your neighbors voted for it even if you didn't.

Helplahhhh

Reaction score
How to help out ? Majority seats is still pap. Until the seating becomes 50-50 then we can expect. Okay? Now don't jjww so much... Cause you know your neighbors voted for it even if you didn't.
You pay me his salary I tell you how.

marygoround

Master Member
Reaction score
You pay me his salary I tell you how.
I don't need you to tell me how. I only need you to show me the result then I will pay you. What's the point? You aren't even elected. Your fav pap mps and ministers collect salary and mia you don't kpkb. Come here ask me to pay you and act high horse on bringing down wp. You are a joke man.

Helplahhhh

Reaction score
I don't need you to tell me how. I only need you to show me the result then I will pay you. What's the point? You aren't even elected. Your fav pap mps and ministers collect salary and mia you don't kpkb. Come here ask me to pay you and act high horse on bringing down wp. You are a joke man.
How to help out ?
You literally asked me. So what result is he showing that makes you wanna continue paying him?

I also said whole govt is fcked. Nth to do with WP or PAP. You thirsty for jamus isit? Ppl dying he don’t do anything oso fine by me. Come talk about his long ago love life? How his balls taste?

marygoround

Master Member
Reaction score
You literally asked me. So what result is he showing that makes you wanna continue paying him?

I also said whole govt is fcked. Nth to do with WP or PAP. You thirsty for jamus isit? Ppl dying he don’t do anything oso fine by me. Come talk about his long ago love life? How his balls taste?
He has a bigger balls to represent wp than pap. By joining wp, he probably lose opportunities by being part of pap community. FYI, he was also a good candidate for pap before joining wp. He was invited to talk prior joining politics. He's clear in his position to defend below income group and pap took that credit to introduce min wage after that. Better than you jjww, but secretly endorse pap.

You have so much pap to target from lhl to tpl. Never see you target anyone from pap group.

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He has a bigger balls to represent wp than pap. By joining wp, he probably lose opportunities by being part of pap community. FYI, he was also a good candidate for pap before joining wp. He was invited to talk prior joining politics. He's clear in his position to defend below income group and pap took that credit to introduce min wage after that. Better than you jjww, but secretly endorse pap.
I think pap want him in stat board or gic one.....

But his advocation for min wage just drifted him from pap.

End up join wp....

marygoround

Master Member
Reaction score
I think pap want him in stat board or gic one.....

But his advocation for min wage just drifted him from pap.

End up join wp....
Yeah. This is well known. In fact, I applaud him to join wp than being part of the major silent whites. He deserve every respect and my defend position.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.