Noisy neighbour upstairs

darkhorizon

Reaction score
If so, how about talking to his family members instead ? Assuming there are some staying with him...
He lives alone now. His mom occasionally stays with him (she alternates staying with her children) and when she's around, its very quiet. But when she's gone, that guy decided to be a nuisance again. Well, his mom is well over late 70s and is extremely nice. We just don't wanna make a scene to her as well considering she's nice and is getting on in age.

Jasmina007

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful with CDRT? can share your experience and what are the important things to look out for. Thanks.

lolthestone

Reaction score
Those got recordings can use a free software: Audacity, then you can open your recording file with it, may need to add extension package patch to support particular file format. Then use it to see the sound file graph for the noise spikes, it will help you filing as evidences to match the time stamps. Hope it helps.
you file CDRT before? can share your experience? thanks.

killmepls

Reaction score
how to handle neighbours who keep DENYING is them when it's so obviously them because impact noises can't lie right?
auntie say she was sick in bed how can she be moving can hear noises too but never get bothered by it cause dk where come from
if she sick how can she not be bothered by noise?
says she unemployed but the kid went to school
unemployed get money from where to send kid to school?
say no husband also is that a lie?

Jasmina007

Reaction score
how to handle neighbours who keep DENYING is them when it's so obviously them because impact noises can't lie right?
auntie say she was sick in bed how can she be moving can hear noises too but never get bothered by it cause dk where come from
if she sick how can she not be bothered by noise?
says she unemployed but the kid went to school
unemployed get money from where to send kid to school?
say no husband also is that a lie?
like my upstairs idiots, claimed they have young children at home, they cant be the one stomping and jumping in the early mornings and disturb their sleep. But they do the same thing at the same spot almost everyday, when you knock onto the ceiling, they jump even harder, isn't obvious its them.... all ******** lah.

zencam

Reaction score
My neighbour upstairs also have kids running around the master room. I don't really blame the kids but the parents who are just plain dumb and incompetent parents, not being able to control nor educate their kids properly. And sometimes, the way they walk by stomping on the floor, felt like got elephants living on top of my unit. These are the idiot neighbours I really look down on

killmepls

Reaction score
Anyone can tell me what can I do to capture a strong evidence that it is the unit directly mine making noise that would make HDB treat my case seriously and is not against the law?

I wanted to film outside their unit of them making noise as evidence but would that classify under 'unlawful stalking' ?

(3) The following are examples of acts or omissions which, in particular circumstances, are ones associated with stalking:
(a) following the victim or a related person;
(b) making any communication, or attempting to make any communication, by any means —
(i) to the victim or a related person;
(ii) relating or purporting to relate to the victim or a related person; or
(iii) purporting to originate from the victim or a related person;
(c) entering or loitering in any place (whether public or private) outside or near the victim’s or a related person’s place of residence or place of business or any other place frequented by the victim or the related person;
(d) interfering with property in the possession of the victim or a related person (whether or not the accused has an interest in the property);
[Act 17 of 2019 wef 01/01/2020]
(e) giving or sending material to the victim or a related person, or leaving it where it will be found by, given to or brought to the attention of, the victim or a related person;
(f) keeping the victim or a related person under surveillance.

Someone also mentioned that one way to know if it's your direct upstairs neighbour would be to hit the ceiling and if they hit back it is them. I got think of recording this instance but will that backfire against me as i'm essentially giving a solid proof that I did make a sound?

Last edited:

lolthestone

Reaction score
Anyone can tell me what can I do to capture a strong evidence that it is the unit directly mine making noise that would make HDB treat my case seriously and is not against the law?

I wanted to film outside their unit of them making noise as evidence but would that classify under 'unlawful stalking' ?

Someone also mentioned that one way to know if it's your direct upstairs neighbour would be to hit the ceiling and if they hit back it is them. I got think of recording this instance but will that backfire against me as i'm essentially giving a solid proof that I did make a sound?
Hdb very useless. Won't do anything.

Suggest we pool our experiences and report to news organisations/newspapers to get awareness.

Reply here if interested

lolthestone

Reaction score

Even email ministers to get updates involved in coming up with new Community Dispute Management Framework (easier CDRT) (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...s-comunity-mediation-compulsory-review-252606) they also never reply. ******* useless taking such high salaries, thief and robbery of taxpayers' money.

Suggest we pool our experiences and the effect these devils have on mental health and report to news organisations/newspapers to get awareness from ministers.

Reply here if interested

silverfang

Reaction score

Even email ministers to get updates involved in coming up with new Community Dispute Management Framework (easier CDRT) (https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...s-comunity-mediation-compulsory-review-252606) they also never reply. ******* useless taking such high salaries, thief and robbery of taxpayers' money.

Suggest we pool our experiences and the effect these devils have on mental health and report to news organisations/newspapers to get awareness from ministers.

Reply here if interested
Im keen

jobs4sg

Reaction score
We should consolidate a list of retaliatory actions that we can take to make their lifes miserable. They should be legal, doesnt cause us to lose any sleep and not cost too much.

examples of time wasters: complain to Call MP, CDRT, CMC, SPF

Effective solutions? Let me start the ball rolling:
Using bamboo to hit ceiling, buy ceiling knocker from taobao. Blast speaker after midnight. Install ceiling fan without rubber (how does that work?).

Anymore to contribute?

Last edited:

killmepls

Reaction score
Any engineering students can tell us how to send electric currents through our ceiling to their floor. The toilet plunger gave me an idea of sticking that onto the ceiling and perhaps coiling a malleable metal around it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.