Seatrium (formerly known as SembCorp Marine) *Official* (SGX: S51)

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine 98% gone only took div once only if i remb correct.

this tender offer can just ignore? No need to take action right

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have the same doubt whether can just ignore it. If delist what happens to our share? Any monetary value left?
It's possible the market price will fall below 8 cents once the offer lapses, since there is no support. I know many bros here want to be optimistic, saying "it has fallen so much, it can't fall any more", but... it can :(

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
It's possible the market price will fall below 8 cents once the offer lapses, since there is no support. I know many bros here want to be optimistic, saying "it has fallen so much, it can't fall any more", but... it can :(
To be honest, I personally dump all my shares and I went all into hang Seng tech. Depends on what you believe. Next 10 years whether Semb Marine would return to its’ glory days. For me, I think I would rather bet on China technology. All China technology dropped by 30-40% from peak. Unless Lion ocbc is so suay until anything product they launch become ****, I think this maybe a good long term investment. To be frank, semb marine may also double, triple if there is some positive news, sentiments because oil recovery etc. they may also combine 10 shares into 1 and then drop to $0.08 again. Anything can happen. But owning a business is not about news. I would rather see whether the company management is good, can move the company forward, have new ideas, willing to change, innovate, think of shareholders. Considering all these factors, I dropped semb marine. If they can do rights offer so often, be prepared to get diluted frequently. Never seen any company that raise funds like that

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The recent saga on the foreign workers dorm reflects badly on the company. If you don't treat your workers well, how can they be motivated to work well for you. Plus it shows many of their workers got covid. This will affect projects which are already delayed.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
The recent saga on the foreign workers dorm reflects badly on the company. If you don't treat your workers well, how can they be motivated to work well for you. Plus it shows many of their workers got covid. This will affect projects which are already delayed.
Workers maybe just a tool to them? Something like a wrench, screwdriver that can anytime change? I totally agree with you. If you don’t take care of your workers, they won’t take care of you

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their main problem is the pivot to green energy and windmill farms which doesnt have same margins. So even topline growth from pivot wont translate into earnings growth unless they have scale. eventually when SMM buy over keppel O&G biz they must find another $500m from somewhere, overall its a net positive for TH because they unlock SCI and Keppel's value by taking loss on SMM, but for investors who only have single exposure its quite painful

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure why some people can manage to bag hold SMM for years without bother to check its fundamental.

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure why some people can manage to bag hold SMM for years without bother to check its fundamental.
Sad truth for aunties and uncles
Quite like blindly buy into Hyflux bonds back then despite the issuance being used to pay off bank debts and transfer the debt to aunties and uncles to tank

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad truth for aunties and uncles
Quite like blindly buy into Hyflux bonds back then despite the issuance being used to pay off bank debts and transfer the debt to aunties and uncles to tank
#Boomers101

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://links.sgx.com/FileOpen/Announcement.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=687311
As of the date of this Announcement and based on information currently available to the Group, the Group expects that the increased costs to complete the projects, as well as the losses arising from the added delays, will result in significant losses for 2H2021, which could potentially be in the range of the losses reported for 1H2021.
:sick: hopeless coy

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://links.sgx.com/FileOpen/Announcement.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=687311
As of the date of this Announcement and based on information currently available to the Group, the Group expects that the increased costs to complete the projects, as well as the losses arising from the added delays, will result in significant losses for 2H2021, which could potentially be in the range of the losses reported for 1H2021.
:sick: hopeless coy
Can sell already
Use the money buy toilet paper at least better usage

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sembcorp Marine expects significant H2 loss with supply chain crunch​

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...-significant-h2-loss-with-supply-chain-crunch
Sembmarine has also been hit by the continuing attrition of skilled workers and work disruptions, including stop work orders, due to measures to contain the pandemic.

.... treat the workers badly who wants to work for you ?

Workers tested positive for covid not separated from those tested negative leading to more getting infected sure will affect projects. Need to chase MOH and dorm operater if have delay.

Common sense like this their management can't handle well, how to trust them to handle their business ?

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Sembmarine has also been hit by the continuing attrition of skilled workers and work disruptions, including stop work orders, due to measures to contain the pandemic.

.... treat the workers badly who wants to work for you ?

Workers tested positive for covid not separated from those tested negative leading to more getting infected sure will affect projects. Need to chase MOH and dorm operater if have delay.

Common sense like this their management can't handle well, how to trust them to handle their business ?

Xiasuay or not?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.