Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore (World Dream)

Shizuka9

Reaction score
Are those activities also avail to non Palace occupants? Can get butler to do that?
I think they were available to non-palace kids as part of the little dreamers’ programme which is payable. U can try asking your butler. I just went direct.

Shizuka9

Reaction score
I have checked with Dreamcruises about their sudden change to limit set menu dining in Palace Restaurant to one meal only despite what is stated in my cruise ticket (my cruise booking this weekend was done months before this sudden change implemented on 13 October 2021). Their response was: 'cabin privileges are subject to change without prior notice' 😑 That means there's no use looking at the T&Cs of the cruise ticket, since entitlements can be subsequently changed on cruise 😔
That’s bad. It’s really unfair to those who booked based on the included perks then. Must have more customers to feedback to DC that this is not acceptable. Hopefully, with enough feedback, they will review this policy.

Shizuka9

Reaction score
Just back from my 3d2n. Have to say my butler was good. Managed to see all shows and he even try to plan so that our schedule is not too tight.
I also changed my hotpot lunch on 2nd day to Palace restaurant cos I dun want to eat during lunch. Lol
Butler was attentive and he keeps checking with u and appear during our meal times.
The slides we played around 10 plus is not crowded and I managed to played all. The rope course is tough though as we q for almost 2 hours from start to finish. We still managed to sneak in to have our happy hour drink after the course.
Dinner at Silk Road is great. Good after the previous few heavy meals. Lol

planning to book next year for 4d3n on a non peak dates.
A good butler can really elevate your experience. Glad you had a wonderful trip! Agree dinner was good at Silk Road with lobster and abalone 😬

cruzwhiz

Reaction score
Just back from my 3d2n. Have to say my butler was good. Managed to see all shows and he even try to plan so that our schedule is not too tight.
I also changed my hotpot lunch on 2nd day to Palace restaurant cos I dun want to eat during lunch. Lol
Butler was attentive and he keeps checking with u and appear during our meal times.
The slides we played around 10 plus is not crowded and I managed to played all. The rope course is tough though as we q for almost 2 hours from start to finish. We still managed to sneak in to have our happy hour drink after the course.
Dinner at Silk Road is great. Good after the previous few heavy meals. Lol

planning to book next year for 4d3n on a non peak dates.
Nice to hear that.

lemonlulu

Reaction score
Palace restaurant become non-exclusive? Is this true? Meaning non-palace guest can book palace restaurant? If this is true, Getting screwed up big time.
No, it's still for palace guests only. Just that now it is grouped together with all the other specialty restaurants like prime steakhouse etc etc. So it has become one of those restaurants that you can only go once every trip and have to book through your butler also :( not like last time where you didn't have to before and can just walk in whenever you like

Last edited:

cruzwhiz

Reaction score
No, it's still for palace guests only. Just that now it is grouped together with all the other specialty restaurants like prime steakhouse etc etc. So it has become one of those restaurants that you can only go once every trip and have to book through your butler also :( not like last time where you didn't have to before and can just walk in whenever you like
I see. Will be going next month, will also complain if it hasn't changed by then.

PeterSC38

Reaction score
With the newly imposed limits on lunch/dinner dining in Palace Restaurant, that means I must insist on being given reservations in the Speciality Restaurants (including Palace Restaurant) for all lunches/dinners, since Palace Restaurant is no longer a backup option, and we are entitled to one lunch and one dinner in the Speciality Restaurants. For me, restrictions to lunch/dinner dining in Palace Restaurant is the worst degradation of Palace Privileges so far 😢

Last edited:

lemonlulu

Reaction score
The new dining restrictions really very jialat. And I don't see that comment on FB anymore, so means they agree that it is the right way of conducting business 😂 Can't they just reply saying they will feedback to higher management instead of always just deleting the comments

Also do we get to see what the menu is for meals at Silk road and Palace restaurant before we book with the butler? And do we need to go down to the restaurant itself to ask to see the menu?

cruzwhiz

Reaction score
With the newly imposed limits on lunch/dinner dining in Palace Restaurant, that means I must insist on being given reservations in the Speciality Restaurants (including Palace Restaurant) for all lunches/dinners, since Palace Restaurant is no longer a backup option, and we are entitled to one lunch and one dinner in the Speciality Restaurants. For me, restrictions to lunch/dinner dining in Palace Restaurant is the worst degradation of Palace Privileges so far 😢
I agree we have the rights to ask that all palace guests are given bookings for specialty restaurant. They can't say it is full already.

cruzwhiz

Reaction score
The new dining restrictions really very jialat. And I don't see that comment on FB anymore, so means they agree that it is the right way of conducting business 😂 Can't they just reply saying they will feedback to higher management instead of always just deleting the comments

Also do we get to see what the menu is for meals at Silk road and Palace restaurant before we book with the butler? And do we need to go down to the restaurant itself to ask to see the menu?
Good point. Normally palace menu will only be available hours before. They might have the same set menu throughout the same trip.

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody knows how come will it cost to upgrade from balcony to palace suite? and when is the best time to upgrade

PeterSC38

Reaction score
Update. I'm onboard now. I checked with my butler: Palace guests are entitled to daily lunch and dinner in Palace Restaurant. However, inclusive set menu dining for each meal (be it lunch or dinner) is in one restaurant only. Dining in a second restaurant during the same mealtime is chargeable. I think that's reasonable.

Last edited:

cruzwhiz

Reaction score
Update. I'm onboard now. I checked with my butler: Palace guests are entitled to daily lunch and dinner in Palace Restaurant. However, inclusive set menu dining for each meal (be it lunch or dinner) is in one restaurant only. Dining in a second restaurant for the same meal is chargeable.
Sorry don't quite understand. You meant to say the 2nd Palace restaurant visit is chargeable?

PeterSC38

Reaction score
Sorry don't quite understand. You meant to say the 2nd Palace restaurant visit is chargeable?
No, that's not what I meant. For daily inclusive set menu lunch and dinner meals, let's say for example it's lunch and you choose to dine in Palace Restaurant, if for the same lunch on that day you dine in Palace Restaurant and a second time in a Speciality Restaurant, then the meal in the second restaurant is chargeable. In a nutshell, dining in a second restaurant during the same mealtime is chargeable.

Last edited:

darcbleu

Reaction score
I took the palace lunch cos I dun want to take hotpot. I will say standard not that good. But still ok la.
If u were to go for 4d3n palace, you will have to really go for the 6 specialty restaurants cos u cannot repeat any restaurant.
Happy hour drinks not bad. Serving speed reasonable.

darcbleu

Reaction score
As a Palace guest, every day you have the privilege of
enjoying a complimentary, exclusively designed set lunch and
dinner menus at your choice of six specialty restaurants. Your
gastronomic experiences are further enhanced by the
complimentary tea and coffee. These special culinary options
are available at:
Silk Road Chinese Restaurant (Deck 6 FWD)
Blue Lagoon (Deck 7 MID)
Seafood Grill & Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best
(Deck 8 MID)
Umi Uma (Deck 8 AFT)
Hot Pot (Deck 8 AFT
Palace Restaurant (Deck 17 FWD)

FuZioN84

Reaction score
Update. I'm onboard now. I checked with my butler: Palace guests are entitled to daily lunch and dinner in Palace Restaurant. However, inclusive set menu dining for each meal (be it lunch or dinner) is in one restaurant only. Dining in a second restaurant during the same mealtime is chargeable. I think that's reasonable.
Oh that’s at least some comfort to know that can still go palace restaurant. Hopefully they can change their mindset to think of the possibility of VTL may result many Singaporeans to travel overseas instead of taking their ship.

FuZioN84

Reaction score
As a Palace guest, every day you have the privilege of
enjoying a complimentary, exclusively designed set lunch and
dinner menus at your choice of six specialty restaurants. Your
gastronomic experiences are further enhanced by the
complimentary tea and coffee. These special culinary options
are available at:
Silk Road Chinese Restaurant (Deck 6 FWD)
Blue Lagoon (Deck 7 MID)
Seafood Grill & Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best
(Deck 8 MID)
Umi Uma (Deck 8 AFT)
Hot Pot (Deck 8 AFT
Palace Restaurant (Deck 17 FWD)
Blue Lagoon is a speciality?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.