AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

bullsback

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They called these model as WarX & ZhanX in China. Compared to Yoga, this EliteBook has slight better build quality & have expandable RAM. In comparison, Yoga has much better thermal performance & local warranty.
I have many friends using last year model (HP Elitebook 835 G7 R7 4750U), all report USB-C charger compatibility issues, hopefully it got fixed this year.

L8PpleQ.jpg
looks like any other modern day design slim notebooks, nothing to shout out. Its good for non-power users, basic day to day, run some powerful apps from time to time.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
looks like any other modern day design slim notebooks, nothing to shout out.
it has 2 sodimm slots, which is definitely something to shout out, especially considering u complained about not having those in ur previous post :s21: also very rare for slim and light laptops, think hp is the only manufacturer still doing this.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
looks like any other modern day design slim notebooks, nothing to shout out. Its good for non-power users, basic day to day, run some powerful apps from time to time.

I hope the durability and quality of onboard components not as bad as those Chinese branded ODM laptops.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Looks like Aero can have sim card also?
My T14s has a WWAN card. :s13:

I park my family's spare card in the laptop, more because I know where it is.

Personally, I don't like to use it cos it drains battery pretty quickly. So it's enabled only when I'm out and need data on the go without having to tether off my phone (and drain both the phone and laptop). It sure is useful if you're out on the road a lot though.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
it has 2 sodimm slots, which is definitely something to shout out, especially considering u complained about not having those in ur previous post :s21: also very rare for slim and light laptops, think hp is the only manufacturer still doing this.
Yeah I believe so. Dell's last dual slot 7 series Latitude would be the 7300/7400. That's 2 generations old now.

That's why I chose the 7400 for my sis last year over the 7410 - upgradeable RAM. Also because the 10th gen didn't have much over the 8th gen Intel processors anyway.

ozy615

Reaction score
My T14s has a WWAN card. :s13:

I park my family's spare card in the laptop, more because I know where it is.

Personally, I don't like to use it cos it drains battery pretty quickly. So it's enabled only when I'm out and need data on the go without having to tether off my phone (and drain both the phone and laptop). It sure is useful if you're out on the road a lot though.
Thanks for sharing. If battery drain fast, then no point. Can use phone for hotspot anyway.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. If battery drain fast, then no point. Can use phone for hotspot anyway.
The point is not to drain both the phone and the laptop. There is a purpose for it.

Also, "drain fast" is relative compared to not having it on. It jsut means that a laptop that normally lasts 7-9h on a single charge is now pulling 3-5h. This is still decent since I can account for the battery drain. But if you were to put one of these WWAN cards in a gaming laptop that normally runs 3h, it'll probably be a terrible idea.

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a good sleeve to introduce for the Lenovo 5 pro 16inch . Cannot find any suitable one for this laptop

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
View attachment 29751
I give up on lenovo

My thinkbook is finally out for shipping yesterday... after last week I whack email to them for pushing back my order for 4 months after order date and tell them might as well send to me in 2025

Make you think they really parts oos or is overlook of shipping due to backorders

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
View attachment 29751

My thinkbook is finally out for shipping yesterday... after last week I whack email to them for pushing back my order for 4 months after order date and tell them might as well send to me in 2025

Make you think they really parts oos or is overlook of shipping due to backorders
my thinkpad t14 gen 2 amd shipping tommorow as well!

bullsback

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fully Agreed. I think for slim laptops, Acer sometimes include one slot n one onboard. Hard to find the best of all worlds, ie, good heat sink fan, no thermal throttling and 2 slots.

Think Lenovo Legion fulfils 2 slots, no thermal throttling. I think that laptops having 2 fans less likely to thermal throttle else other options is to use conductive thermal paste.

adderrs

Reaction score
Gents, quick question. For legion laptop, is premium care better or ultimate better? Seemed like both also got onsite repair services included. Had tried to seek clarity with their chat but was told no difference as their promo price between the two is only $2 apart. :s22:

TheAlphaLion

Reaction score
Received my Thinkbook 16p within 1 week after ordering (5600H version, ready-to-deliver). Very happy with it, screen is excellent, ThinkShutter to cover webcam and 2kg weight makes it better than Legion for me.

Only minus for me is the keyboard is not good as Thinkpad, no HDMI port, and the 230W charger is 1kg heavy! Wish they had given 135W charger which would be enough to charge it. I can also confirm that this can charge via USB-C at 45W when in sleep mode. From what i read online, to charge USB-C while on it should be >65W (probably need 100W to prevent GPU throttling)

adderrs

Reaction score
Anyone successful in canceling your legion order due to long wait time? need to contact post sales? Are they cooperative? or cannot cancel after purchase?

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone successful in canceling your legion order due to long wait time? need to contact post sales? Are they cooperative? or cannot cancel after purchase?
Hi,which legion model did you purchase, yes need contact post sales

adderrs

Reaction score
Hi,which legion model did you purchase, yes need contact post sales
How long ur wait time?

My think pad I waited for 3 months.
Shipped yesterday, coming next tuesday

I bought the L7 but customized not pre-built and the wait was supposed to be 10 weeks but after 6 weeks now still status no change another 10 weeks. I saw there are pre-built available now few days ago and seemed like ship out 2-3 days. Thought of just cancel and re-order pre-built not sure if they will allow. Wish me luck.

jinlong0

Master Member
Reaction score
and not forgetting that it has plenty ports to offer.. 1x AC port, 2x USB Type-C Thunderbolt 4 ports, 2x USB Type-A ports, 1x HDMI port and 1x 3.5mm Audio Jack port..

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
and not forgetting that it has plenty ports to offer.. 1x AC port, 2x USB Type-C Thunderbolt 4 ports, 2x USB Type-A ports, 1x HDMI port and 1x 3.5mm Audio Jack port..
thunderbolt is for intel versions only, ryzen has regular type c. am also eyeing the probook 635, loses 1 type c but 1 type c is likely more than enough for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.