Google pay suddenly stopped functioning when all setting unchanged

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Google is really slow on working with bugs. I flagged out this issue last time on my mi 9t pro took 1 mth to fix. Then after that flawlessly. Now this 11t pro too

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
working fine on mi10 ultra
Eh..mine 10 ultra doesn't work. Keep giving invalid card error at mrt bus. Retail purchase terminal ok though.

Edit: ok i got it to work now, what i did was remove all my linked card from gpay. Then force stop gpay and clear all data. Alternatively you can uninstall and reinstall gpay. Launch gpay and login again. Then add your credit card and re-auth again. No more invalid card error after that.

Last edited:

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh..mine 10 ultra doesn't work. Keep giving invalid card error at mrt bus. Retail purchase terminal ok though.
Edit: ok i got it to work now, what i did was remove all my linked card from gpay. Then force stop gpay and clear all data. Alternatively you can uninstall and reinstall gpay. Launch gpay and login again. Then add your credit card and re-auth again. No more invalid card error after that.
Maybe clear gpay storage app or rsset gpay app may help

S21u silver

snoopy@singapore

Reaction score
Gpay in smrt and bus transit can used in xiaomi mi 11 ultra china rom, sony phone but failed on xiaomi mi 11 lite 5G ne local set!!! :cry:

gpay showing the credit card with msg That didn.t work

Last edited:

Normanorbitalx

Reaction score
Tired delete cards, uninstall gpay, reinstall and add cards,didn't work
Tired delete cards, clear data add back cards, didn't work again..
So next step is to restore the whole phone and try???

Really regret getting this phone as a replacement for my huawei mate20 pro...
Can't usb c to HDMI out to TV, which mate20 Pro can, me LL accept..
But can't gpay at mrt/buses, this I really cannot accept...
So now not sure which fault.. xiaomi or Google... Haiz....

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Guys the latest gpay version 1.40 fixed my gpay issue on mi11t pro. Go and update! After that clear cache from the app, restore nfc function then restart the phone

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Definitely google at fault. This had happened on thei pixel phone as well. Can u imagine stock android having this issue?🤣there were samsung users reporting this issues before too.

Normanorbitalx

Reaction score
Not working for me with the new gpay. Have emailed Google and send in the big report.. hope they can resolve it soon...

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Ok, after a while not working again. Google is really shameful for such a big company..cant even get gpay working right. Samsung and apple pay so much more stable

Jun Jun

Reaction score
And I am fine with company making mistake. However, it shouldn't drag so long!

jtchoy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Latest GPay 140.1.3 more reliable for me so far.

11T Pro half the time works immediately, otherwise shows 'that didn't work' then works after holding for 1 or 2 seconds.

Had 1 occasion didn't work after few attempts, had to use physical card.

Hope there'll be more updates soon to make it more reliable!

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok update...
yesterday evening, on entry it detected the phone and triggered the gpay app but needed a second or 2 longer and it had a few error. the exit was similar. for my return trip, it then couldn't even detect it anymore, so I didn't manage to use it.

Jun Jun

Reaction score
I have the exact situation as u.. and anyways 11tpro miui 12.5.7 enhanced update launch liao go and update

jtchoy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
'That didn't work' error 3 times before it worked for entry, held phone akwardly for 5 secs. Same thing on exit.

MIUI 12.5.7.0, GPay 140.1.3.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.