AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe is freebie trip thrown in by UPS :oops:

Mine last night 3am left shenzhen, morning 7am reach changi. 10am out for delivery.
BUT this week I not wfh :cry: I not at home to recieve it. Hope my hard hearing parent can hear the door knock. If not delivery delay again :cry: :cry:

Mine is Shenzhen now, should be coming tomorrow......

Just asking, do you open the stuff to check first then sign?

bullsback

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For now, this is technically true. But the fully implemented USB4 has Thunderbolt support. Future AMD laptops will likely come with TB support. The main issue is that manufacturers may choose not to enable TB support in USB4 for product differentiation, adding to the confusion.

1 USB-C port is definitely not enough for me. :s13: Other than one being used as the charging port, my security keys are USB-C/NFC. My external SSDs are also USB-C for full 10Gbps support. The second port is important for me.

Also, it is good to be forward looking in new tech. The less manufacturers move on to the newer standards, the more likely the standard will stagnate. I'm of the view that USB-A slots should be phasing out and more full-function USB-C ports being introduced. The industry is so messed up that even USB-C ports are not full function, which is upsetting. From the lack of charging, to a lack of USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, to in future the withdrawal of Thunderbolt support for "product differentiation" nonsense. Just set a fixed standard and not allow manufacturers to give less than that. It'll drive standards adoption better.

From a practical perspective, we all like being able to charge our devices with a single type of cable, rather than hunt for multiple different connectors. It's shocking that at the end of 2021, we can still buy devices being charged by MicroUSB. And Apple's idiocy in sticking with Lightning for the iPhone 13 does not help matters.
so far, using a single usb 3 dock, it allows me connects 2 monitors, 1g network, usb hdd, mouse. Also can use 1 hdmi for third monitor. I wonder usb 4 can go what more than i cannot do now.

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Didn't. My parents recieve as I was at work.
Anyway opened it at office this morning and setting it up.
Smooth and breezy. Loving my ryzen 7 thinkbook, now transferring data from my existing 7 yr old work laptop

Finally no more lags when running zoom with whatsapp desktop

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

You can take a video while opening if you wish to "cover" yourself. If it's DOA or has issues when you open it, immediately raise it to Lenovo with proof (videos and all).

My suggestion, if you are able to, image the drive before you even boot it up the first time. That way, you can always restore it to "factory" conditions in future, with the factory drivers and all. The Thinkpad would normally have no bloatware preinstalled, so it's all good.

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any latest promo code on Legion laptops on lenovo website? 😜

Last edited:

ozy615

Reaction score
Screenshot-2021-10-23-141218.png

I think this deal is not bad.
Relatively good screen, lightweight, and relatively good battery life
Hands a bit itchy. My legion 5 battery a bit on the short side.
Received the laptop. So far good. The only thing I would miss is the keyboard of legion. Used quite a few laptops or temporarily touched some other laptops, legions keyboard is another tier compared to the rest. Good travel, silent, soft but responsive, well spaced. Helps for comfortable and accurate typing.

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so far my order already arrived in Singapore facility,|
the order stuck one-day processing in Singapore facility.

said to deliver by end of today but still processing at Singapore facility.:(

what causes the delay ah?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so far my order already arrived in Singapore facility,|
the order stuck one-day processing in Singapore facility.

said to deliver by end of today but still processing at Singapore facility.:(

what causes the delay ah?
Likely it's left in the warehouse and not picked up by the courier yet.

I won't expect to receive it today. Perhaps tomorrow, though more likely to be on Monday.

UPS really isn't the best courier around. I've had bad experiences with them before too.

Some of the guys were talking about air miles. More than twice, I've had Seagate RMA drives do two rounds before eventually clearing Singapore customs - the first time, there was some lame reason given and the HDD left Singapore and went through the whole loop - Incheon, China, Hong Kong and all. Was pretty annoyed. I still wonder why it would not leave the plane and go on to waste carbon and air fuel - unless the warehouse was full and not cleared so they could not accept any more. :s22:

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had a UPS delivery recently, not Lenovo but other item. It says processing the whole day but the item arrived at 8pm. So got chance still

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ups forget to update the out for delivery thing.
Just received my thinkpad 😂.
Weight is really deceiving.
1.4 kg actually quite light.....

Didn't manage to win the ssd lottery though.....
I got micron mtfdhba512tdv.

How to check the screen model?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Congrats! I find the SSD lottery so-so. Anyway, the Micron >> Toshiba.

Yes, 1.4kg is light. Until you carry it around all day and are tired from a long day of work. :s13: And then happen to pick up a classmate/friend's 966g laptop. :s13: :s13: But frankly it's a good weight. Helps that the T series feels a bit more solid in hand, not really cheap plasticky.

As for checking specs, I use HWinfo64 for that.

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Nice. My ssd is a hynix

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I find the SSD lottery so-so. Anyway, the Micron >> Toshiba.

Yes, 1.4kg is light. Until you carry it around all day and are tired from a long day of work. :s13: And then happen to pick up a classmate/friend's 966g laptop. :s13: :s13: But frankly it's a good weight. Helps that the T series feels a bit more solid in hand, not really cheap plasticky.

As for checking specs, I use HWinfo64 for that.
I downloaded the HWinfo64, I did not win the low power 400 nits lottery as well.:crazy:

My model got the BOE NE140FHM-N61 panel. I can notice some form of ghosting in the laptop. Once again, not a main concern.

I just upgraded my laptop with the crucial 16gb CT16G48FD832A ram. It is definitely more snappy compared to the start up with single ram since it can take advantage of the dual channel ram.

Although thinkpad t14 is more reliable model in the lineup, there are some catch 22, the thinkpad backcase and plastic clips are actually quite fragile.

One really have to avoid opening the thinkpad case too often.

the black color is fingerprint magnet, if can wait, can choose the sliver color instead.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Based on rumours, it appears the X13 will get a "s" model in 2022 alongside the non-s X13 Gen 3, and the T14 Gen 3 will be a new design (not sure if this is good news). The T14s Gen 3 will not.

I don't know why Lenovo is complicating their designs. It's bad enough have a TXLE, and now the subclassifications with "s" shows a confused company with a lot of close duplicates. They've already spun off their Thinkbook line. Must be a China thing to have so many different product lines and create an artificial sense of product differentiation.

Russian source:
https://portal.eaeunion.org/sites/o...5&ListId=d84d16d7-2cc9-4cff-a13b-530f96889dbc

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on rumours, it appears the X13 will get a "s" model in 2022 alongside the non-s X13 Gen 3, and the T14 Gen 3 will be a new design (not sure if this is good news). The T14s Gen 3 will not.

I don't know why Lenovo is complicating their designs. It's bad enough have a TXLE, and now the subclassifications with "s" shows a confused company with a lot of close duplicates. They've already spun off their Thinkbook line. Must be a China thing to have so many different product lines and create an artificial sense of product differentiation.

Russian source:
https://portal.eaeunion.org/sites/o...5&ListId=d84d16d7-2cc9-4cff-a13b-530f96889dbc
I am glad that T14 gen 2 managed to keep with the original 1.8mm keyboard design. The new keyboard for the x1 carbon gen 9 and t14s keyboard are not nice to type on.

T14 gen 3most likely will get 16:10 screen plus downgrade in the keyboard size to shed weight?
plus, ddr5 ram will be priced at premium, I will wait 4 to 6 years for the ddr5 technology mature. Well with this thinkpad t14 gen2, my next upgrade will be t14 gen 8 or ryzen 11000 series le.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
I am glad that T14 gen 2 managed to keep with the original 1.8mm keyboard design. The new keyboard for the x1 carbon gen 9 and t14s keyboard are not nice to type on.
not saying i dont believe u but have u actually tried those keyboards? quite curious to know the difference, and 1.5mm travel still sounds like more than most other non business laptops.

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not saying i dont believe u but have u actually tried those keyboards? quite curious to know the difference, and 1.5mm travel still sounds like more than most other non business laptops.
I went down to the Harvey Norman a few months ago to try the ThinkPads

I tried the X1 carbon gen 9 and p14s gen 2 intel, my first impression is X1 carbon gen 9 keyboard is worse feeling than the p14s gen 2 keyboard.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.