Xiaomi Mi Pad 5

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung a7 should never be a part of your consideration. If u want to get a Samsung device, u should go for their best s7 tablet. They produce the worst budget and midrange tablets (for the price they are charging) with very poor screen and viewing angles. Not even an ips lcd screen. Even the upcoming A8 is a bunch of nonsense.

Currently only Lenovo, Xiaomi and Huawei makes good quality android tablets without bursting your wallet. And if u want google services, the competition is really between Lenovo and Xiaomi really.
Do you have recommendation for 8 inch tablet? 10 inch is too big i dont want
I see only samsung has 8 inch tablet the tab A.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Mi Pad 4 lor, 8 inch tablet. Currently using for 3 years liao.

I 2nd your recommendation. Mi pad 4 is still the best 8 inch android tablet. Strong 3rd party development support. I flashed mine to Android 10 ROM. For new buyers for mi pad 4, I suggest looking at carousell then get a reputable repair guy to replace battery for u. Then it will be as good as new.

I also 2nd Nakedtoes bro. Actually new 10 inch+ tablets are very slim and light. Doesn't really feel as big as those older gen ones already.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just pop by vivo xiao mi tonight. Its oos..

I'm planning to get this. Which can I get the best price, waiting for 11.11. And do you recommend getting the 128 or 256gb??
Hmm...i am not sure leh

Where are you buying on 11 11?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ladaza seller got ready stock . You can get vouchers to lower price. But note that some colours are not available, depending on model

Keyboard and pen not required

Screen protector and casing optional

But still i prefer to buy from xiaomi shop

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Ladaza seller got ready stock . You can get vouchers to lower price. But note that some colours are not available, depending on model

Keyboard and pen not required

Screen protector and casing optional

But still i prefer to buy from xiaomi shop

Skip to around 19:00 for a list of pros and cons. Before going all out on its pros, u need to accept its cons. The cons are the main reason I did not go for this tablet despite following xm from mi pad 1-4.

The lack of sd card support and USB 2..0 speed (for a list price of over $400) are the main ones for me.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Skip to around 19:00 for a list of pros and cons. Before going all out on its pros, u need to accept its cons. The cons are the main reason I did not go for this tablet despite following xm from mi pad 1-4.

The lack of sd card support and USB 2..0 speed (for a list price of over $400) are the main ones for me.

so which tablet did you get?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
so which tablet did you get?

I think most impt thing is to understand your needs. There is no perfect tablet for everyone. Even if there is, it will come with the major con of being highly priced.

For me, I transfer files to and fro devices a lot, and store a lot of photos/videos in the tablet. So a micro SD card slot is a must have for me.
I also use tablet for a majority in media consumption and gaming. So a good screen is also a must-have. OLED screens will be brilliant.
I expect good gaming performance, since I do play games like genshin impact.
It's also quite desirable to have a desktop mode. But a tablet with desktop mode without HDMI-out is useless since I cannot easily connect to monitors or projectors for presentation/sharing. Without a way to connect to external displays, it can hardly qualify for being a 'laptop replacement'.

Given all these factors, I chose the Lenovo p11 pro. For the upcoming 11.11 sales, if pad pro 2021 has major discounts, I will consider upgrading.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.