tszkitc

Reaction score
Won't consider other brands but Lenovo.
2 years onsite warranty!!!!!!!!!!!

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is their customer service?
Customer service is decent as far as I can remember. But I would recommend them depending on where you live because the service center is in the West @ Jurong if they have not moved.

natas

Reaction score
Ha Ha... No lah.
Just have very good experiences with Lenovo....
All depends on the warrant type. My office HP, called support, after a few diagnostics, sent technician the next day to my office to exchange the part. My another office Dell, needed to go all the way to their service center. My personal Asus bought from SG, faulty in BKK, they repaired my laptop free.

kitten2k

Reaction score
How is their customer service?
My old acer laptop 12+ years old, upgraded to SSD, still running.

Bought new acer laptop, 3 years onsite warranty this June 2021 (i7, 16 gb ram, 1tb ssd, free ms office home), so far good leh…only 1+ kg less than $1.4k

my uncle also bought 2 to replace his office laptops of 8 years…acer like mine 😁

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
this is new to me , pls share:
How to upgrade for Acer???!!!!
upgraded to SSD, still running.
U should really review Acer here: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/acer-users.6730232/
no1 , no fans luv Acer nowadays!!!

the youngsters are into mc book that i respect them, is their $! and alot of schs/poly encourage the use of Apple too!
Not many has foresight like u and your uncle!!!!!!!!!!!

yes my first pers laptops and my current (newly bought too!) are all 1 brand : cheap n gd too, do we even need to guess the brand name?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bought new acer laptop, 3 years onsite warranty this June 2021 (i7, 16 gb ram, 1tb ssd, free ms office home), so far good leh…only 1+ kg less than $1.4k

my uncle also bought 2 to replace his office laptops of 8 years…acer like mine 😁
I still have a Acer 4830T running.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is new to me , pls share:
How to upgrade for Acer???!!!!

U should really review Acer here: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/acer-users.6730232/
no1 , no fans luv Acer nowadays!!!

the youngsters are into mc book that i respect them, is their $! and alot of schs/poly encourage the use of Apple too!
Not many has foresight like u and your uncle!!!!!!!!!!!

yes my first pers laptops and my current (newly bought too!) are all 1 brand : cheap n gd too, do we even need to guess the brand name?
Acer is a decent brand based on my experience and observation. Nothing wrong with them. Some people will complain bad service, or that the product failed prematurely. However, isn’t this the same for every single laptop making company including very expensive ones from Apple and Microsoft? Truth is, all these things are meant to fail at some point. Some earlier, some later.
I tend to stick to Lenovo only because of the onsite service, especially when you upgrade to premium onsite, I believe its a next business day repairs on site. Acer offers onsite as well, but there is no mention of how fast it takes. Based on my experience with Lenovo non-premium onsite service, it could take 2 to 3 business days. Other than the next business day onsite service, there is nothing really special about Lenovo laptops because I’ve ran into quite a number of issues over the years as well. In short, no brand is perfect. Having said that, if people ask me if there is any specific brand to avoid, based on my experience, I will stay far away from HP because I had multiple Pavilion series in the past that ran into teething issues very frequently. Some laptops require servicing like 3x a year. So I’ve avoided the brand for more than a decade now.

kitten2k

Reaction score
moi search for moi laptop specs or models online and follow the instructions

used YouTube to watch videos and bought the tools as recommended

as moi non hardware savvy, moi viewed like 10x lor 😁...then diy

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can check with Acer component suppliers to see how they deal with quality issues.

I wouldn't want to buy Acer products as I used to be working for one of their supplier.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I had an Acer Travelmate many years ago. It was generally reliable and stable. Had one notable downtime period.

My friend's daughter's current Aspire is a different sort of reliable. It keeps going back to lie down because it is unable to work - must send back to service centre but it spends most of the time just lying around waiting to be sent cos it's too troublesome to go all the way to Jurong. Re-li-able... :s13: She won't rely on it for watching Netflix even. Friend managed to get her a secondhand Dell Latitude that's still working stably.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had an Acer Travelmate many years ago. It was generally reliable and stable. Had one notable downtime period.

My friend's daughter's current Aspire is a different sort of reliable. It keeps going back to lie down because it is unable to work - must send back to service centre but it spends most of the time just lying around waiting to be sent cos it's too troublesome to go all the way to Jurong. Re-li-able... :s13: She won't rely on it for watching Netflix even. Friend managed to get her a secondhand Dell Latitude that's still working stably.
That's why everyone's experience is going to be different. It is not possible to conclude that a brand is 100% reliable. Like I said Acer is decent even though I've seen a laptop failed prematurely where the dGPU keeps triggering BSOD when enabled. But of all the Acer laptops I and family used, most of them lasted 4 or more years. The oldest was I think 7 or 8 years before it got decommissioned. Unlike my experience and observation with HP laptops then where out of 3 HP laptops, all 3 ended up in the service center at least 2x a year for various issues. The only HP laptop that worked reliably was the one issued by my company. But based on my experience, 3 out of 4 failures = I cannot recommend the brand to anyone.

vuzuuu

Reaction score

May I know where did you get your Acer i7, 16gb ram laptop?

KYOGRE

Reaction score
Depends on luck, have a old aspire series going strong for 10 years before lcd failed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.