Anyone keen to go Germany on the VTL?

nk23dash

Reaction score
I am too bored in Singapore and is planning a trip to Germany in Oct. Planning to rent a car and self drive. If anyone is interested to join in and share some of the costs, please PM me. Thanks.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you plan to travel better run off first , numbers are escalating by the days

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can’t find much info , but are we able to travel around European countries at this point of time?
Eg. fly into France, travel to Germany, and leave from Germany.

Since both are VTL countries for Singaporeans

pinkdior

Reaction score
I can’t find much info , but are we able to travel around European countries at this point of time?
Eg. fly into France, travel to Germany, and leave from Germany.

Since both are VTL countries for Singaporeans
Yes we can fly into France and leave from Germany but make sure you are staying in countries during the entire duration that qualifies you to be on a VTL flight back home. I read it from SQ site, you refer to SQ site for more info.

I am just concerned if we are tested positive before boarding flight back to sg. it will kinda be complicated?
Anyone has info on these? I know every country has different system/or the way it works.

tinkerbelle

Reaction score
yah, i'm also wondering what to do if *touch wood* test positive for the pre-departure PCR test..

in the VTL FAQ from German Embassy in Singapore:

What happens if my pre-departure PCR test comes back positive?
"If your pre-departure test comes back positive, you have to self-isolate immediately for a period of at least 14 days (a negative PCR or antigen test is required before leaving isolation after 14 days). Details regarding self-isolation are available on the website of the RKI (please refer to the PDF in English language) and on the following website (available only in German). When making travel arrangements, travellers should take preparatory measures to ensure they have a place to isolate for 14 days in case their pre-departure PCR-test is positive."

i suppose it will be quite stressful to look for accommodation which will accept a covid-19 positive guest just a day or two before you are supposed to leave.

tategoi

Reaction score
I can’t agree more. The biggest risk is tested positive before coming back. I wonder if there are designated isolation hotels for tourists.

Going there no issue since some countries don’t even check or just require an ART test on arrival. We can test in the morning before leaving for airport to minimize the chances.

pinkdior

Reaction score
Does anyone knows do we need a pre-departure PCR when travelling to Germany if we are fully vaccinated?

Saw this on Singapore Airlines website:
>>>
Pre-departure test requirements
• Passengers entering Germany must present one of the following documents:
  1. a negative Covid-19 Antigen test result. The test must be taken at most 48 hours before arrival; or
  2. a negative Covid-19 PCR or POC-PCR test result. The test must be taken at most 72 hours before arrival; or
  3. a Covid-19 vaccination certificate; or
  4. proof of recovery from Covid-19, which must be dated between 28 days and 6 months before travel.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows do we need a pre-departure PCR when travelling to Germany if we are fully vaccinated?

>>>
  1. a negative Covid-19 Antigen test result. The test must be taken at most 48 hours before arrival; or
  2. a negative Covid-19 PCR or POC-PCR test result. The test must be taken at most 72 hours before arrival; or
  4. proof of recovery from Covid-19, which must be dated between 28 days and 6 months before travel.
correct me if I am wrong , no need for pre-departure but some of the insurance company might need this when you purchase the travel insurance

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sinkies on Germany VTL having maskless freedom for the first time.. while majority of kiasi Sinkies are still stuck in suffocated red dot

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

>>>
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what is the best exchange rate from sg to Euro ? think the currencies will be the lowest , need to buy some and keep

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I need to visit the lake in Switzerland when travelling in Germany , what is the requirement ? do I need to do declaration and install some app for Switzerland ?

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
if I need to visit the lake in Switzerland when travelling in Germany , what is the requirement ? do I need to do declaration and install some app for Switzerland ?
swiss also in vtl mah

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
my concern is whether need to do declaration and install another app to show that I am vaccinated
I tink is fine... I'm gg to swiss and germany and checked liao... shld be ok unless they chut new stuff in the interim?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone departed from Berlin recently and did their PCR test in Berlin?

I read that there's the gargle (instead of swab) PCR test. Is this recognized by SG for the negative PCR test report? Both the gargle and swab methods are listed as one and there's the option to choose which method.

And any recommendations for testing in Berlin HBF or the Ostbahnhof for EUR 49.90?

tinkerbelle

Reaction score
Anyone departed from Berlin recently and did their PCR test in Berlin?

I read that there's the gargle (instead of swab) PCR test. Is this recognized by SG for the negative PCR test report? Both the gargle and swab methods are listed as one and there's the option to choose which method.

And any recommendations for testing in Berlin HBF or the Ostbahnhof for EUR 49.90?

i just came back from Berlin on 4th Nov. did the nose-throat swab PCR test. Singapore airport did not look at my pre-departure PCR test report, coz Germany airport is supposed to verify the result before you board the plane. perhaps you can verify with the German test centre that the gargle PCR test is valid for your pre-departure boarding.

you can check out https://coronatest.de/?lang=en. there is a test centre at S Ostbahnhof. i did mine at Friedrichstraße location coz it was near my accommodation. hmm... dunno why the test centre didn't offer me the gargle test option...

one thing to take note is that the pre-departure PCR test must be done 48 hours or less before your flight. i almost had to do another test at the airport coz my flight was at Wed 10.45am (Scoot) and my sample was taken before 10.45am on Mon. thankfully the ground supervisor allowed the slight deviation.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just came back from Berlin on 4th Nov. did the nose-throat swab PCR test. Singapore airport did not look at my pre-departure PCR test report, coz Germany airport is supposed to verify the result before you board the plane. perhaps you can verify with the German test centre that the gargle PCR test is valid for your pre-departure boarding.

you can check out https://coronatest.de/?lang=en. there is a test centre at S Ostbahnhof. i did mine at Friedrichstraße location coz it was near my accommodation. hmm... dunno why the test centre didn't offer me the gargle test option...

one thing to take note is that the pre-departure PCR test must be done 48 hours or less before your flight. i almost had to do another test at the airport coz my flight was at Wed 10.45am (Scoot) and my sample was taken before 10.45am on Mon. thankfully the ground supervisor allowed the slight deviation.
Thanks!

On their website it says gargle test is valid for flights.

How's the Berlin airport situation? Do you reckon an hour is sufficient to clear immigration when we arrive in Berlin?

How early did you have to check in for your flight? It says 3 hours on Scoot's website. The airport in Berlin is notorious for delays, long queues and terrible standards.

Did your test results come back within 24 hours?

I won't be in Berlin in time to take the test. Might have to do the test before I board the train to Berlin. I'll arrive in Berlin only at 6+pm.

Last edited:

tinkerbelle

Reaction score
On their website it says gargle test is valid for flights.

How's the Berlin airport situation? Do you reckon an hour is sufficient to clear immigration when we arrive in Berlin?

How early did you have to check in for your flight? It says 3 hours on Scoot's website. The airport in Berlin is notorious for delays, long queues and terrible standards.

Did your test results come back within 24 hours?

I won't be in Berlin in time to take the test. Might have to do the test before I board the train to Berlin. I'll arrive in Berlin only at 6+pm.

one hour should be sufficient to clear immigration when you arrive but in my case, there was a delay getting out of the airport due to late take-off and slow baggage collection.

are you going somewhere else after you land? i actually booked a train ticket to go to Dresden after landing and the trains were delayed/cancelled due to bad weather. if it wasn't cancelled, think i probably may not have been able to make it anyway. i got on the next train out due to the cancellation.

for the return flight, i went to the airport 3 hours ahead. there was no delay for check-in but then again my flight was not full. ground staff will need time to go through your vaccination cert and test report. the queue at security check was a bit long and slow. after going through security check, you will need to clear immigration before you get to your boarding gate, so another queue to take note especially if the airport is busy.

my test result came out within 12 hours. the staff at the test centre had asked me to go in early to ensure i receive the result before my flight coz for the EUR 49.99 PCR test, the result is officially within 24 - 36 hours. but that nearly cost me another PCR test!

if budget is not an issue for you, you can opt for the same day PCR test for EUR 74.99.

you can do the PCR test somewhere else besides Berlin. the test result will be sent to your email address. you can show the soft copy of the test result at the airport. just take note of the 48 hours requirement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.