Australia to reopen border from November

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am fine. Thks for the concern
Tourist/Business Visa is now open for processing
Cheers
Thanks for the great service. Will PM you once i recieved my renewed passport.
I’ve kinda already secured my family flight to Mel in 1st week of Dec.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please share with everyone here what is your experience travelling on VTL to Aust..

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking at the VTL requirements both way, there is something I dun quite understand about the testing requirements on the Aussie side.

as stated on both SQ website and Australia govt website incoming travellers need to be tested "within 24 hrs of arriving in NSW, and on or after day 7 of arriving in NSW"

literal reading of the rule means there is no need to be tested on day 7 but can be anytime after that ?
does it really mean there is no time frame to take the second test, so that if I am staying in Aust 14 days, I can take the second test on day 12 as part of the flight pre-departure test requirement ?

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you confirmed whether and how our SG vaccinated status will be recognized in Aus ? For the locals, this appears on their check in app, like our Tracetogether. But as foreigners we don't have this option.
Would be sucky to be turned away from restaurants and tourist attractions just because they don't know what to do with our SG vax status.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you confirmed whether and how our SG vaccinated status will be recognized in Aus ? For the locals, this appears on their check in app, like our Tracetogether. But as foreigners we don't have this option.
Would be sucky to be turned away from restaurants and tourist attractions just because they don't know what to do with our SG vax status.
Can check this website, but this is for VIC only.. other states need to check their own websites.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/...my-vaccination-to-enter-businesses-and-venues

I am an international tourist. How do I show proof of my vaccination to enter businesses and venues?​

If you are in Victoria for a short visit and are fully vaccinated with an approved or recognised vaccine, you can use a copy of a paper or digital certificate issued by an overseas government authority or an accredited overseas government vaccination provider which shows:

• The person’s name as it appears in their passport.
  • The person’s date of birth or passport number.
  • The vaccine brand name.
  • Date of each dose or the date on which a full course of immunisation was completed.
Your certificate must be written in English or accompanied by a certified translation.

You must carry a valid passport along with your paper or digital certificate to enter businesses and venues.

Children aged below 12 years are not required to show proof of vaccination.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Rules bit confusion and unclear now.
Leaving for Mel 1-12Dec soon.
Preparations done:
1. SQ tics
2. Visa
3. SG PCR test scheduled for 29Nov
4. Insurance
5. Notorised vaccination cert
6. AirBnb booked

Not done:
1. PCR when arriving in Mel
2. Australia Travel Declaration (to apply not earlier than 7 days prior to travel). Not sure if this is needed still with the new ruling today 22Nov
3. Vacinated Travel Pass (SG). Seems cannot apply yet
4. SG PCR appt upon return

Bit confused.
1. Do i take my PCR at the airport upon arrival into Mel? Or is this something to be within 24hrs.
2. Have booked my rental from airport (arrive @ 2130). Not sure if the shops are still open by the time i clear customs
3. Can i even travel to my AirBnb in a rental or taxi? This would decide if i pick up the rental from the airport or nearer to my place of stay.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rules bit confusion and unclear now.
Leaving for Mel 1-12Dec soon.
Preparations done:
1. SQ tics
2. Visa
3. SG PCR test scheduled for 29Nov
4. Insurance
5. Notorised vaccination cert
6. AirBnb booked

Not done:
1. PCR when arriving in Mel
2. Australia Travel Declaration (to apply not earlier than 7 days prior to travel). Not sure if this is needed still with the new ruling today 22Nov
3. Vacinated Travel Pass (SG). Seems cannot apply yet
4. SG PCR appt upon return

Bit confused.
1. Do i take my PCR at the airport upon arrival into Mel? Or is this something to be within 24hrs.
2. Have booked my rental from airport (arrive @ 2130). Not sure if the shops are still open by the time i clear customs
3. Can i even travel to my AirBnb in a rental or taxi? This would decide if i pick up the rental from the airport or nearer to my place of stay.

From my understanding

1) Anywhere within 24hrs - I'm still wondering if you can take the free PCR offered by the state here, not sure where to check this though
2) Usually rental will stay open as long as there are flights
3) Does not matter, apparently not as strict here.

Btw, are you aware that you need to take another PCR between day 5 and 7?

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those coming to Aust now has thrown travel spanner in the works.. For now its 3days isolation, not sure if anyone is still planning to come..

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Those coming to Aust now has thrown travel spanner in the works.. For now its 3days isolation, not sure if anyone is still planning to come..
Cancelled my trip this morning (scheduled to leave on Wed actuallly). Too much volatility… 1st was the 3days isolation. Just worried for more restrictions to come.
Lucky got my refunds.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cancelled my trip this morning (scheduled to leave on Wed actuallly). Too much volatility… 1st was the 3days isolation. Just worried for more restrictions to come.
Lucky got my refunds.
Certainly this puts a lot of ppl off, but those coming to visit family would still go ahead, I think today will have more restrictions to come..

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
way too much uncertainty to go there at this time, esp since Aussie is taking this very seriously, (unlike some other countries ahem...)

They just reported another positive case who had been out and about in the community since arriving on 25 Nov. This is serious - no knowing how many other new cases will be linked to this, and it would suck to be identified as a possible contact just because you happened to be in the same shopping centre as a case.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
way too much uncertainty to go there at this time, esp since Aussie is taking this very seriously, (unlike some other countries ahem...)

They just reported another positive case who had been out and about in the community since arriving on 25 Nov. This is serious - no knowing how many other new cases will be linked to this, and it would suck to be identified as a possible contact just because you happened to be in the same shopping centre as a case.
Entire family was looking forward so much to finally going on a holiday (visit my relatives in Mel) tomorrow Wed morning .. but alas. Thankfully SQ allowed full refunds. Thus i cancelled my pre-departure PCR test immediately. All done yesterday (Mon morning)

The costs i incurred was the
- sunken Airbnb fees paid, which the Host did not allow cancellation, but rather to keep the reservation open till next year. So i guess i've got 10 nights at a nice apartment along St Kilda waiting for me.
- the travel insurance (which ironically i was hoping to cancel since i have not started my trip yet)

Point to note:
- Victoria & NSW offers free Covid tests at their government test centers (eg, hospitals, clinics). We even made our bookings for arrival tests online already (https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19). Was planning to do it on Thurs morning (within 24hours) after we have settled into the AirBnb.

Last edited:

zkwonz

Reaction score
Is it still quarantine-free travel for Singaporeans heading into Aussie via VTL? Anyone who just went?

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it still quarantine-free travel for Singaporeans heading into Aussie via VTL? Anyone who just went?

at the moment is 3 days self isolation in your hotel which is pretty much a form of quarantine. but things may change at anytime

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think rules hasn't changed so far.. isolation for 72hrs, and pcr upon arrival within 24hrs and another between day 4-7 for Vic and NSW on day 6 i think.

I came back from Melb last wk and managed to skipped all the ART test for 7 days, which i think its overkill..

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No more 72hrs isolation upon arrival, start booking your holidays!

sl-ss30h

Reaction score

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for NSW, you have to isolate until you receive a negative PCR test result. many are still waiting for their test result after 100+ hrs. unless you wish pay for the testing service you should postpone your trip until things improve. you need to do 3 PCR test, within 24hrs, day 6 and 12.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12...ays-nsw-clinics-buckle-under-strain/100726990
It's crazy, really hope they change to ART instead, doesn't make sense to Q up to 5hrs for a test just to satisfy some bureaucrats..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.