TCL TV discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gremioo8

Reaction score
haha, idk also man, tcl seems to have multi version specs for different regions, kinda complicates. only thing i know c825 has built in sound bar, maybe more certifications. stasio knows best though, pls share wisdom.

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for your feedback.

for your 5ghz wifi, have you try to setup lower wifi channel? below 50 for example.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Yes indeed, did some googling apparently they can't see 5ghz if channel is higher than 48. Had to set mine to channel 44 to be visible to the tv.

Was at channel 146 previously :s21:

deeyorehomme

Reaction score
So a better apple to apple comparison is R646 versus C825?
I'm asking this because it seems like Singapore TCL official store has listed C728 for pre-orders.
And I can't decide if its worth to get R646 from importers or C728 from official local distributors.

Last edited:

just4gamesg

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone that using an old sound bar that has only ARC / optical port with newer TVs like the R646?

Do you feel any sound delay or the sound output does not sync with the video?

I have one LG soundbar which still working fine and would like to keep it. Plan to buy R646 when three are available stocks.

aireth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea if the TCL Official Store on Shopee and Lazada are the same and are really from TCL directly?
I'm assuming those sellers on Carousell like Dailybasic and TVPromoters are parallel importers.

HoGnix

Reaction score
Can check whether the TV has DVB-T2 tuner, China version got different DTV format.

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am also looking at the 55" TCL C825. On the other hand, I am keeping options open. At this moment in time, I am wondering what other TV brands/models I should look out for? I don't mind topping up a little more.

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am also looking at the 55" TCL C825. On the other hand, I am keeping options open. At this moment in time, I am wondering what other TV brands/models I should look out for? I don't mind topping up a little more.
Hey there, I was in your shoes just a couple weeks ago, the models that I was considering were the c728/825 from TCL, the X85J/X90J from Sony as well as the Q60A/Q80A from Samsung.

The C1 from LG were also in my list previously, but the price jump from the 825 was a little too much for me to swallow.

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I was in your shoes just a couple weeks ago, the models that I was considering were the c728/825 from TCL, the X85J/X90J from Sony as well as the Q60A/Q80A from Samsung.

The C1 from LG were also in my list previously, but the price jump from the 825 was a little too much for me to swallow.

I appreciate your sharing, and now I have the LG C1 in my list despite the $$$ top up.

But also because of this, I have some dilemma. When I first decided to get a TV, I wanted it to have a built in chromecast and netflix etc. Hence, I asked around and many of my friends swear by TCL since it can do many things while looking fantastic for the money. However with LG, it seems bottlenecked (it cant direct chromecast without a dongle), which is quite a bummer.

Since you gotten your C825 from dailybasic for some time now, care to share more personal experience with it thus far?

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where can find the serial number? behind the tv dun have, box got 2 barcodes n 2 serial numbers

lunzi88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your sharing, and now I have the LG C1 in my list despite the $$$ top up.

But also because of this, I have some dilemma. When I first decided to get a TV, I wanted it to have a built in chromecast and netflix etc. Hence, I asked around and many of my friends swear by TCL since it can do many things while looking fantastic for the money. However with LG, it seems bottlenecked (it cant direct chromecast without a dongle), which is quite a bummer.

Since you gotten your C825 from dailybasic for some time now, care to share more personal experience with it thus far?
Actually mine was only just delivered last Sunday. So it's only been a few days into my usage of the tv.

So far I'm happy with the purchase so far. The UI is snappy. PQ is a vast improvement over my previous TV which was a Sony 32CX520. The integrated soundbar sounds really good for something that's included.

Only thing that's I'm not 100% happy with is the positioning of the TV because of my original wall mount that made it slightly too high to be perfect. But that's on me.

Now just looking forward to the update that'll bring google tv to the TV.

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score

You prefer convenience or picture quality.
That’s your answer.

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You prefer convenience or picture quality.
That’s your answer.

You're absolutely right about that, and I've given some thought.

I think I prioritise picture quality right at the top because convenience/accessibility can be bought as an add-on to the existing panel. However, do correct me if I am wrong.

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
You're absolutely right about that, and I've given some thought.

I think I prioritise picture quality right at the top because convenience/accessibility can be bought as an add-on to the existing panel. However, do correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah you’re absolutely right.
I would have went with picture quality and treat the TV as a dumb TV.

chatbot

Reaction score
I would factor in the price as well. Pic quality is higher priority, but at what cost? Cost is personalised too. To some, it’s okay to spend $800 for special dinner while to others that would be unimaginable.

I don’t know the answer. I’m struggling myself to find the right TV.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah you’re absolutely right.
I would have went with picture quality and treat the TV as a dumb TV.

Appreciate your help man. I'll hunt me an LG 55" C1.

When I have extra pocket money, I'll get an Apple TV or Nvidia Shield as an addon.

aravereadone

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone that using an old sound bar that has only ARC / optical port with newer TVs like the R646?

Do you feel any sound delay or the sound output does not sync with the video?

I have one LG soundbar which still working fine and would like to keep it. Plan to buy R646 when three are available stocks.
No issues with arc or optical as im using 5.1ch Sony HT-S20R through optical. Im on V072, original google tv software M103 have problems with it sometimes theres no sound output, need to restart.

Also, my HT-S20R is up for sale if anyone wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.