Anyone keen to go Germany on the VTL?

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one hour should be sufficient to clear immigration when you arrive but in my case, there was a delay getting out of the airport due to late take-off and slow baggage collection.

are you going somewhere else after you land? i actually booked a train ticket to go to Dresden after landing and the trains were delayed/cancelled due to bad weather. if it wasn't cancelled, think i probably may not have been able to make it anyway. i got on the next train out due to the cancellation.

for the return flight, i went to the airport 3 hours ahead. there was no delay for check-in but then again my flight was not full. ground staff will need time to go through your vaccination cert and test report. the queue at security check was a bit long and slow. after going through security check, you will need to clear immigration before you get to your boarding gate, so another queue to take note especially if the airport is busy.

my test result came out within 12 hours. the staff at the test centre had asked me to go in early to ensure i receive the result before my flight coz for the EUR 49.99 PCR test, the result is officially within 24 - 36 hours. but that nearly cost me another PCR test!

if budget is not an issue for you, you can opt for the same day PCR test for EUR 74.99.

you can do the PCR test somewhere else besides Berlin. the test result will be sent to your email address. you can show the soft copy of the test result at the airport. just take note of the 48 hours requirement.
Yeah, we wanted to head off after we landed in Berlin. But decided to stay a night cos I read about how horrendous the airport is. Their slow baggage collection is pretty infamous!

Our departure flight got lengthened (we got notified by Scoot). Instead of landing at 7ish in the morning, we are now landing at 9ish in the morning. So am pretty glad that we didn't book the same day train out of Berlin.

I don't want to spend on the PCR test. My concern is that if I get myself tested in a city and then I depart for Berlin, any issues with the test center/test result will be difficult to resolve. I have done my calculations for the 12/24/26 hours thingy on what time I should take my test latest by.

I'm well aware of the 48 hours PCR test thingy and that we can receive it via email.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinking if i should take the gamble and book the gargle test instead :unsure:

gargle.jpg

gargle2.jpg

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From 12 Nov onwards, the ART test can be used as a PDT!

Results out in 20-30mins. Totally solve my 48 hours issue! :LOL:

Last edited:

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
It's a similar article as what someone had posted.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys read and understand what you post.
with denmark starting to get the ball rolling on sinkie tourists, it is more than likely that germany/other vtl countries could do the same...

esp since our trips would be in month's time.... :(

Aicirt

Reaction score
It's a similar article as what someone had posted.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys read and understand what you post.
I do....just a exclaimation remark lol. It's up to individual country to impose their travel restriction.

I mean after vaccination , what more can one do except to live and fight against it. And they remove a country*singapore* with 82% population vaccinated but input argentina with 69.4% population vaccinated into the list.... -_-"

So keeping my finger cross....

Last edited:

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just FYI. We managed to convert our vaccine certs (notarized copies) to the EU cert in a pharmacy in Berlin. FOC.

P/S: don't ask me which pharmacy as I didn't bother to take note. We just walked into the 1st pharmacy we saw and went in to enquire.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
covid cases are spiking in european countries as winter arrives

SeafoodGuy

Reaction score
Depends on where you are going, there’s an uncertainty that they might go into lockdown. Bavaria is badly affected right now and their lockdown means even hotels are closed. You might be at risk of being stranded. My wife just cancel all her reservations this morning. She was due to fly tomorrow into Munich.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you are going, there’s an uncertainty that they might go into lockdown. Bavaria is badly affected right now and their lockdown means even hotels are closed. You might be at risk of being stranded. My wife just cancel all her reservations this morning. She was due to fly tomorrow into Munich.
You are wrong. Their lockdown does not mean the hotels are closed.

An example of enhanced restrictions in Munich, type of masks and X'mas markets, public events being cancelled.

https://www.munich.travel/en/topics...urrent-information-about-your-visit-to-munich

pinkdior

Reaction score
You are wrong. Their lockdown does not mean the hotels are closed.

An example of enhanced restrictions in Munich, type of masks and X'mas markets, public events being cancelled.

https://www.munich.travel/en/topics...urrent-information-about-your-visit-to-munich

I think he might be right. Currently Munich is not under lockdown yet.

Once they hit 1000cases per 100k, they will go under lockdown, they were at 7XX last Friday. According to my german friends, most of the things will be closed inclusive of hotels if they go into lockdown.

From what I understand, Berlin is more cautious, their cases are half or less than half of Bavarian but they start early their enhanced restrictions.

Then again, those traveling with children or elderly might want to reconsider if they still want to go ahead with their plans or change their destination to somewhere else. SQ offers unlimited free booking changes till end of this year anyway.

For those who are keen, you may track their numbers per 100k there.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/478220a4c454480e823b17327b2bf1d4

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think he might be right. Currently Munich is not under lockdown yet.

Once they hit 1000cases per 100k, they will go under lockdown, they were at 7XX last Friday. According to my german friends, most of the things will be closed inclusive of hotels if they go into lockdown.

From what I understand, Berlin is more cautious, their cases are half or less than half of Bavarian but they start early their enhanced restrictions.

Then again, those traveling with children or elderly might want to reconsider if they still want to go ahead with their plans or change their destination to somewhere else. SQ offers unlimited free booking changes till end of this year anyway.

For those who are keen, you may track their numbers per 100k there.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/478220a4c454480e823b17327b2bf1d4
I'm in Germany now and I've asked the hotel staff here a couple of hours ago. The hotel staff said lockdown means more restrictions and hotels will not be closed. Trains and flights will still operate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.