[GPGT] Old Tekong Camp Photo

oOsiMm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For my experience, nothing that I have encountered in tekong (typically in two to 4 men night movements around most parts of the island, malay village to rocky hill) but the spookiest camp or bunk i had staying for a couple of weeks for a course in old Stagmont camp , the block beside parade square. We stayed at this darn old and poorly lighted block at the 3rd floor. The 4th floor was locked up with metal gate and a padlock. From the gate you can see lotsa tailsman strewn all over the inside paths and on the doors of the bunks, haha and was warned by the CSM there not to venture inside. We did however before we graduate from course but the bunks were locked so only roamed the corridors at 4th floor.

Bodhi Tree

Reaction score
Yes bloody Siong. Bunk is worst than camp 1. We were over booked and hence all the beds were taken up. I remember I had to sleep on the floor.

Nobody told me that time die die must defer this BTCT. 3 days low key training not worth it 😂
Also had to change to the uniform provided by BCTC with no rank insignia so that everyone would be treated "equally" during the training......really full of nonsense!

Vagrant_Oldman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For my experience, nothing that I have encountered in tekong (typically in two to 4 men night movements around most parts of the island, malay village to rocky hill) but the spookiest camp or bunk i had staying for a couple of weeks for a course in old Stagmont camp , the block beside parade square. We stayed at this darn old and poorly lighted block at the 3rd floor. The 4th floor was locked up with metal gate and a padlock. From the gate you can see lotsa tailsman strewn all over the inside paths and on the doors of the bunks, haha and was warned by the CSM there not to venture inside. We did however before we graduate from course but the bunks were locked so only roamed the corridors at 4th floor.
I think those old unit have many funny things. Eg sembawang camp, old commando camp, provost unit etc

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a qn for you oldies who've been around the old Tekong camp(s).

Was there a room with a Chinese altar and some toys strewn around on the floor? (Or something like that somewhere back then?)

The one time I did guard duty on Tekong during BMT few years ago, there is a room like that just beside the bunk. I got curious, went in to take a look, then got the obvious answer when I asked the guard cmdr what the toys are for. (Also has an adjacent praying area for Muslims in the same room)

The closest I've experienced anything potentially supernatural is the 'cold breeze' and 'flowery smell' (you know la). My buddy ***** scared throughout the night while we're prowling. But I managed to have a good sleep when we're manning a gate. Can safely say my buddy was awake the entire time. :s13:

Blowing strong sea breeze at night, just gotta enjoy la~ :s13:

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, the story of the "Charlie boy standby organ" story is based on a true tragedy.
Is it possible that he got attacked and gored by a wild boar? The tusks are entirely possible to tear someone's abdomen open.

tanahgu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There was a 3-door bunk in Charlie company.
b6wrvb.jpg

The left arrow points to a normal bunk and the right one points to the infamous Charlie 3-door bunk.

yeah, doesnt look like the one i was told

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

stagmont camp is that school of signal? I thought it is a very nice and modern camp since the 80’s?

tokong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tekong in the early 80s before converting into military training base.
The island was once home to 5000 inhabitants, the last of which moved out in 1987.

stagmont camp is that school of signal? I thought it is a very nice and modern camp since the 80’s?

Bodhi Tree

Reaction score
Yes, school of signal SOS and 2 signal batterlion are located there. Now they changed the name to "signal institute". True, the camp was still quite new when I was there in the mid 90s but as usual, a lot of ghost stories came out from it as well.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, school of signal SOS and 2 signal batterlion are located there. Now they changed the name to "signal institute". True, the camp was still quite new when I was there in the mid 90s but as usual, a lot of ghost stories came out from it as well.

i was trained in SOS for few months. During my time that camp was the best during my NS time. But too bad only there for few months training. Later posted to Keat Hong camp really 从天堂掉进地狱。

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was trained in SOS for few months. During my time that camp was the best during my NS time. But too bad only there for few months training. Later posted to Keat Hong camp really 从天堂掉进地狱。
I can relate too LOL.

My SoS basic signals course was quite easy as lady Seargent + PC in ORD mood.

Then kena posted to Sungei Gedong camp.

But the best NSF time still with SoT in Seletar Camp, really heaven.

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most creepy thing that happened in my bunk at Charlie 12 was a giant moth on the wall above my section mate’s bed. A huge bruise appeared on his thigh same day as the moth landed in the bunk. The same day the moth flew away, so did the bruise disappear. Weird…
Rest of the BMT, we were too shagged from the tekan to bother about anything else.

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I spent 1 whole week of my first ICT in Tekong back in 95.

Can't remember the exact place but our 'bunk' are buildings with all the windows and doors removed.

Had to sleep on the floor for 1 week ... as a reservist.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.