[GPGT] Old Tekong Camp Photo

lazyclimb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
someone bring char siew pau to bunk?
We had Char Siew Pau for nightsnack. From Kong Guan. We had them outside the bunk along the drain, we had them inside the bunk when it was raining. One time we had them at parade square when for some reason mosquito fogging at the bunk was done at night :confused:
Breakfast got lor mai kai or bao or not :ROFLMAO:
Yes, sometimes pau for breakfast. Lor mai kai in army only at canteen or in form of combat ration after the hard tack and pork cubes combat ration phased out :(
Is it possible that he got attacked and gored by a wild boar? The tusks are entirely possible to tear someone's abdomen open.
Mentioned in earlier posts, during my sergeants' BMT time, the version was the recruit just suddenly found outside the bunk without blood, but body intact. One of our sergeants confessed they added 'stand by organs' to the story to make it spookier as my BMT coincides with lunar seventh month :ROFLMAO:

oOsiMm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think those old unit have many funny things. Eg sembawang camp, old commando camp, provost unit etc
ya when we did fibua training at old changi hospital or old camp up the slope, in the afternoon maybe 2-5pm you can feel something isn't welcoming us. faster finish then head down camp liao. we got the famous lucifier wall painting story by the seniors from old camp, the painting that will never be able to get repainited by new coat of paint.... sometimes after book out or nights off, some will head to go up old camp or old changi hospital to take a look, by then its already restricted access with a caretaker....this uncle is even more elusive and frightening than anything, he suddenly will appear somewhere and gave us a fright....lol

BUT

I have to say I am not overly superstitious just being respectful all the time...we usually move at night and night is our friend and best time to do what we are trained to..... so we cannot be scared of darkness, pantang etc...

lazyclimb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a qn for you oldies who've been around the old Tekong camp(s).

Was there a room with a Chinese altar and some toys strewn around on the floor? (Or something like that somewhere back then?)

The one time I did guard duty on Tekong during BMT few years ago, there is a room like that just beside the bunk. I got curious, went in to take a look, then got the obvious answer when I asked the guard cmdr what the toys are for. (Also has an adjacent praying area for Muslims in the same room)
If I remember correctly, for old camp 1 there was an altar setup behind cookhouse. Those who did prowling may have noticed it. No toys I could remember though

In fact I have seen similar altar setup in other camps, behind cookhouse and sometimes at MT line.

Vagrant_Oldman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya when we did fibua training at old changi hospital or old camp up the slope, in the afternoon maybe 2-5pm you can feel something isn't welcoming us. faster finish then head down camp liao. we got the famous lucifier wall painting story by the seniors from old camp, the painting that will never be able to get repainited by new coat of paint....
i was in Brunei for JCC once.
Dont want to say too much. Later all thought i siao liew

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I have a qn for you oldies who've been around the old Tekong camp(s).

Was there a room with a Chinese altar and some toys strewn around on the floor? (Or something like that somewhere back then?)

The one time I did guard duty on Tekong during BMT few years ago, there is a room like that just beside the bunk. I got curious, went in to take a look, then got the obvious answer when I asked the guard cmdr what the toys are for. (Also has an adjacent praying area for Muslims in the same room)

The closest I've experienced anything potentially supernatural is the 'cold breeze' and 'flowery smell' (you know la). My buddy ***** scared throughout the night while we're prowling. But I managed to have a good sleep when we're manning a gate. Can safely say my buddy was awake the entire time. :s13:

Blowing strong sea breeze at night, just gotta enjoy la~ :s13:
I encountered the flowery smell during one of the road march.
It was after dinner and on the way back.
I was too tired to think straight.
But, the flowery smell is too strong liao.
Did not think much at that time cos the body is damn tired.
Getting back to camp is the only thing in your mind.

Your alter is in Camp 1 or Camp 3 ?

oOsiMm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was in Brunei for JCC once.
Dont want to say too much. Later all thought i siao liew
the brunei jungle all around temburong and laikun camp is ya, uncleaned one, knowning how much history that went into the place and the stuffs that had happened.... these overseas training really must pantang a bit... even the bunks looks scary if u r alone inside... but thailand i find ok cos maybe the vibe the saiyok camp gives me, the spacious bunks and always will have ppl around...

Vagrant_Oldman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the brunei jungle all around temburong and laikun camp is ya, uncleaned one, knowning how much history that went into the place and the stuffs that had happened.... these overseas training really must pantang a bit... even the bunks looks scary if u r alone inside... but thailand i find ok cos maybe the vibe the saiyok camp gives me, the spacious bunks and always will have ppl around...
Yellow jokes abit cos i never been to saiyok camp
hearsay the SISTER there beri nice

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
FYI, BCTC was for reservists, not NSFs. Once we ORD, I think we were matured enough, no need all these stupid trainings to help us to be more matured......
Doing the damn BCTC was crazy considering the physical conditions of all the reservists.
I kana heat stroke during the exercise.
Imagine I dun even kana HS for the whole of my 2.5 years.

There was a water area that we dipped to wash off the mud.
The joke is most of us are hit by rashes and the water area was reported to have some viral infection after that.

oOsiMm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yellow jokes abit cos i never been to saiyok camp
hearsay the SISTER there beri nice
there got a few ladies ok lah, famous one is Miss/MR jenny who is an ah gua but had the best heart, poor Jenny , always kanna disturbed by local troops who buy the food from her stall, pork cutlet fried rice with thai chili sauce those type... one lady in particular who tend to the army t shirt souvenir shop (there are at least 3-4 shops with similar stuffs) was not bad got wifey vibe and age similar to the NSF boys then. But as usual everytime u will see regular NSFs in her shop wanting to know her better...

funny thing always happen and we always like to embarrass our bunk mates while in canteen. When one ordered food with any stalls right, we got to give them some time to cook so same with Jenny's stall. Once food is done, she will shout in her "ah gua' voice ...... fry-rai wib pork ,fry-rai wib pork....then whoever is the guy that order that food, when he gets up to walk to the stall (assume only he go forward), everyone will make him piaseh..... weeeeee weeeeeeee wahhh those kind of funny sounds, Jenny sian liao

Last edited:

Vagrant_Oldman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, for old camp 1 there was an altar setup behind cookhouse. Those who did prowling may have noticed it. No toys I could remember though

In fact I have seen similar altar setup in other camps, behind cookhouse and sometimes at MT line.
SGT can share some story in Tekong or Sispec :)

Vagrant_Oldman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there got a few ladies ok lah, famous one is Miss/MR jenny who is an ah gua but had the best heart, poor Jenny , always kanna disturbed by local troops who buy the food from her stall, pork cutlet fried rice with thai chili sauce those type... one lady in particular who tend to the army t shirt souvenir shop (there are at least 3-4 shops with similar stuffs) was not bad got wifey vibe and age similar to the NSF boys then. But as usual everytime u will see regular NSFs in her shop wanting to know her better...

funny thing always happen and we always like to embarrass our bunk mates while in canteen. When one ordered food with any stalls right, we got to give them some time to cook so same with Jenny's stall. Once food is done, she will shout in her "ah gua' voice ...... fry-rai wib pork ,fry-rai wib pork....then whoever is the guy that order that food, when he gets up to walk to the stall (assume only he go forward), everyone will make him piaseh..... weeeeee weeeeeeee wahhh those kind of funny sounds, Jenny sian liao
Sounds enjoyable and memorable.
Thank you for sharing!

I only went to ROC and Brunei before

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doing the damn BCTC was crazy considering the physical conditions of all the reservists.
I kana heat stroke during the exercise.
Imagine I dun even kana HS for the whole of my 2.5 years.

There was a water area that we dipped to wash off the mud.
The joke is most of us are hit by rashes and the water area was reported to have some viral infection after that.
I remember the M-16 must clean and clean and clean then can pass inspection to send arms so can fxxk off from there.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I remember the M-16 must clean and clean and clean then can pass inspection to send arms so can fxxk off from there.
Bo bian.
Dun think that dumb course is being conducted all the time so they have to make sure it is clean and not rusty when the weapon is sent in.

lazyclimb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SGT can share some story in Tekong or Sispec :)
Every camp has its own scary stories. In term of atmosphere, the most spooky one in my opinion is Slim Barrack, now has become Biopolis park (MOE used to be football field, NTU guildhouse used to be officers' mess, and south of NTU guildhouse used to be where I went for vocational training, SMI Recce Wing)

Slim Barrack used to be 5SIR, before thwy shifted to Bukit Panjang Camp and then currently at Kranji Camp. The camp had plenty of colonial style building that it almost look like a mini colonial housing estate of Sembawang. The whole camp - over 10+ buildings, only 5 buildings were in active use - guardroom, recce wing, officers' mess, a office building for non-uniformed staff, and a dining hall (no cookhouse, meals were ferried over from nearby Portsdown camp). At night the whole camp was pretty dark, it can be unnerving to look at the dark windows of the buildings across :confused: No scary encounter for us during my stay there, except an attached medic claimed he saw shadowy figures moving about in the distant at unoccupied buildings :eek:

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Every camp has its own scary stories. In term of atmosphere, the most spooky one in my opinion is Slim Barrack, now has become Biopolis park (MOE used to be football field, NTU guildhouse used to be officers' mess, and south of NTU guildhouse used to be where I went for vocational training, SMI Recce Wing)

Slim Barrack used to be 5SIR, before thwy shifted to Bukit Panjang Camp and then currently at Kranji Camp. The camp had plenty of colonial style building that it almost look like a mini colonial housing estate of Sembawang. The whole camp - over 10+ buildings, only 5 buildings were in active use - guardroom, recce wing, officers' mess, a office building for non-uniformed staff, and a dining hall (no cookhouse, meals were ferried over from nearby Portsdown camp). At night the whole camp was pretty dark, it can be unnerving to look at the dark windows of the buildings across :confused: No scary encounter for us during my stay there, except an attached medic claimed he saw shadowy figures moving about in the distant at unoccupied buildings :eek:
Sad to say, I think none of us are born with the special eyesight for the entities.
And the one with the special eyesight dun want to share too much.
End up we have only bit and pieces of the stories.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.