2021 Black Friday what PC components sales are you expecting to buy?

Reaction score
To be honest, this is one year where I am struggling to find any hardware to buy on BF. Its either the product is out of stock or overpriced. In fact because some parts are not in stock, there is little reason to buy another part which will be sitting idle and unused. And with the ongoing shortage here and there, I don't think we will see steep price cuts for hardware.

yes mostly out of stock.

Uramasa

Reaction score
USD 2.4K on Ebay? I believe most if not all DDR5 stocks are depleted now. That's why you don't see a lot of Alder Lake chips flying off the shelves since launch day.
My current 4770k is underperforming with 3070 Ti running on 1440p @165Hz.
wish to upgrade my PC to the latest Alder lake, but can't find the DDR5 RAM.
I guess, I should wait until next year then.

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
To be honest, this is one year where I am struggling to find any hardware to buy on BF. Its either the product is out of stock or overpriced. In fact because some parts are not in stock, there is little reason to buy another part which will be sitting idle and unused. And with the ongoing shortage here and there, I don't think we will see steep price cuts for hardware.
Yeah... Was looking at 5900x but the hassle of removing and reinstalling is quite a hassle too. The other thing is looking for nvme for ps5 currently the aorus 7000s is cheap in Amazon. About 260sgd but no local warranty lo....

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For so many years I never check or buy anything in BF period, suddenly this year whack all out because of the GPU prices :s22:

hSbH8QM.png

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah... Was looking at 5900x but the hassle of removing and reinstalling is quite a hassle too. The other thing is looking for nvme for ps5 currently the aorus 7000s is cheap in Amazon. About 260sgd but no local warranty lo....
If you want, then you should be looking out for WD SN850. WD offers warranty locally if I am not mistaken. It may cost more, but it should still be cheaper than buying locally.

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
If you want, then you should be looking out for WD SN850. WD offers warranty locally if I am not mistaken. It may cost more, but it should still be cheaper than buying locally.
As in buy from Amazon, but they have local warranty?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As in buy from Amazon, but they have local warranty?
Yes. There is a WD office locally that you can do your RMA. At least that was what I was told when I got the SSD. You can always reconfirm with WD after you buy it. If not warranty, then just return if you are worried. In my experience, SSD generally don't fail. At least I have not seen one failing before. My oldest Intel G2 is still working even after a decade. :p

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. There is a WD office locally that you can do your RMA. At least that was what I was told when I got the SSD. You can always reconfirm with WD after you buy it. If not warranty, then just return if you are worried. In my experience, SSD generally don't fail. At least I have not seen one failing before. My oldest Intel G2 is still working even after a decade. :p
Hahha ya generally wont. But my crucial SSD before too. Thanks for the gentle reminder!

Gotta wait until tonight and see the price first

KYOGRE

Reaction score
2tb samsung 980 pro going for 280usd & 2tb 970 evo plus 190 usd at newegg after coupon code. Amazon has 2tb SK Hynix gold P31 @ 208 usd.

KYOGRE

Reaction score
The local warranty is YMMV, contacted WD rep to rma ext hdd(bought from amazon) and it got rejected.

matique

Reaction score
2tb samsung 980 pro going for 280usd & 2tb 970 evo plus 190 usd at newegg after coupon code. Amazon has 2tb SK Hynix gold P31 @ 208 usd.

I got the 980 pro! will be forwarding to SG via comgateway. Good deal. Local can't compete lol. I think bundled with shipping, should come to just under SGD$400 too so no tax. Local Gen3 drives sell for more lol.

RLWZ21

Reaction score
just checking whats the current best price/gb or tb for a 2tb and 4tb hdd>? and is it worth to get a ext hdd and deshroud them? as i have seen a few ppl did that and am not sure why? is it cheaper than internal drive?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The local warranty is YMMV, contacted WD rep to rma ext hdd(bought from amazon) and it got rejected.
Yeah, that's why I think best to get confirmation from them. To me, if they offer warranty coverage, it is a bonus for me.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just checking whats the current best price/gb or tb for a 2tb and 4tb hdd>? and is it worth to get a ext hdd and deshroud them? as i have seen a few ppl did that and am not sure why? is it cheaper than internal drive?
I think this is pointless. Firstly, most of these external hard drive uses low quality HDD, which is why they are cheap. Secondly, the moment you open up the enclosure, you also void the warranty. If you treasure the data that you are intending to store on the drive, then my recommendation is not to scrimp on the drive. High end drive does not mean that they won't fail, but the chances of surviving longer is supposedly better due to better components/ technology used.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.