Singapore Exchange Ltd *Official* (SGX:S68)

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Why buy SGX?

0.32 / 9.26 = 3.45% P.A.

Get DBS

1.5 / 32.10 = 4.65% P.A.

Both are quarterly dividends payout.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

SGX, Changi Airports International launch index for global travel, aviation stocks​

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...ional-launch-index-for-global-travel-aviation
SINGAPORE (THE BUSINESS TIMES) - The Singapore Exchange and Changi Airports International (CAI) have launched the iEdge-GateEq Aviation and Travel Index, a market capitalisation-weighted index which covers the top 50 listed companies in the global travel and aviation industry.

These are companies which derive revenue from six sectors: airport infrastructure and services; airlines; original equipment manufacturer and system providers; air freight and logistics; travel and booking services; and hospitality.

The top 10 constituents of the index are UPS, Booking Holdings, Airbus, FedEx, Deutsche Post, Safran, Airbnb, Marriott International, Southwest Airlines and Hilton Worldwide. SGX will review the index constituents on a quarterly basis.

The tradeable index aims to capture global aviation and travel-related long-term growth. This comes as borders reopen and travel restrictions ease, SGX and CAI said in a joint media release on Thursday (Nov 25).

They noted that the index reached pre-Covid-19 levels last month, driven by a rally in hospitality, travel and booking-related stocks. Airlines and air freight stocks, however, remain laggards.

SGX developed the index as part of its iEdge product suite in a "first-of-its-kind" collaboration with GateEq, a CAI strategic initiative. CAI is the consultancy and investment arm of Changi Airport Group.

Mr Ng Kin Yee, SGX managing director and head of data, connectivity and indices, said the aviation and travel sector is one that is keenly watched by investors seeking to capture post-pandemic growth.

"While growth across the industry may be uneven, we hope that this index will serve as a yardstick and source of insight for investors and the wider industry, and we certainly look forward to this ongoing partnership with CAI," he added.

CAI chief executive Eugene Gan said: "Notwithstanding CAI having established a global footprint covering multiple airports across different regions, we believe this is the first occasion in the world where an airport group is working with a leading index market provider to provide such a unique solution for the financial market."

SGX shares were trading four cents, or 0.4 per cent, lower at $9.25 as at 2.43 pm on Thursday.

0218crawford

Reaction score
Bursa and SGX same same. I put the 2 charts side by side & added some comments on what is happening.
Key question is "What now?" ;)

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$10 was a steal when price was came down from $12. Now $10 looks expensive.
Yes but when the price at $10, who know the price will drop to $9.
Whatever price I/ you brought, I/you can't change that. Only way is the average down, to reduce your cost price but increase your holding. I'm not adding now, the loss is temporary.

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes but when the price at $10, who know the price will drop to $9.
Whatever price I/ you brought, I/you can't change that. Only way is the average down, to reduce your cost price but increase your holding. I'm not adding now, the loss is temporary.

Anyone knows how to calculate intrinsic value?

IIRC, i read somewhere the fair price for SGX is $9.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.