Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Could you also PM me? Thanks @FlyGuardX!

I just subscribed to Ivacy, but it's so slow! :( The only thing going for it is the 95% cashback - on USD60 for 5y/lifetime it's a pretty good deal, but it's not really very usable imo. Good for use only when you're out on public wifi. $5 for 5y/lifetime is tolerable, but not really something I'll use - can recommend only as a media access account for some of your mobile devices/TV/androidtv boxes if you just want a VPN for overseas Netflix/D+ access.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just received my Shopback notice for Ivacy 5 year (USD60) at 95% discount.

Cashback awarded was $78.01, so meaning the amount tracked was $82.12 (78.01/95%). Essentially I paid $4.11 for 5 years (apparently it's lifetime access if we email the CSO?). :s13:

Will just keep it instead of terminating it. It's likely to be the permanent VPN on my parents' Xiaomi TV and on my Mi Box S to watch US Netflix/Prime Video content. Will install the app to my phone and laptop for extra protection from wireless@SG and other free public wifi access.

Looking for faster speed VPNs for home network use to configure at router. Nord or Surfshark look like good candidates, but I would prefer one that supports Wireguard at least with an easy configuration, OpenVPN less preferred since it's slower. But avoiding all the other VPN protocols cos they're just too slow imo. Any particular recommendations? They all sound good on paper, but reading through this thread I get mixed reviews on most except Express (which is expensive). I have no requirement to access china resources, but a VPN that works in China (for HK travel) is still an added bonus.

Last edited:

guyz92

Reaction score
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/175408/keepsolid-vpn-lifetime-plan-for-19-99-5-devicesSaw a special promo code "SDVPNU13" for KeepSolid VPN Unlimited

o8hYSM.png

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Got my cashback from surfshark too. Surprise it works haha… renewed my surfshark for another 27mths.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.