Issit ocbc fault

• Yes

Votes: 202 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 122 37.7%

• Total voters

hyphenation

Reaction score
Can't OCBC stop the remittance given that is such a big amount and clearance of account to overseas? Don't such remittances (big amount or clearance of account) send an alert to the bank's cyber security department? How come the remit is the immediate effect? Can't banks reverse the transfer? Can't a bank have a system like if want transfer big amount, it has to subject bank due diligence first (eg video call customer, video call the transferee)?

Don't tell me the bank has no obligation to look after your money?
What if 90% of such transactions are actually legit? Will the others whom are not affected be complaining about the delay in transfer of money? It should not be so easy for banks to transfer money else that will become another issue altogether, banks act on instructions of the owner of the money, the account holder should look after their own money?

iPod Jack

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure... ocbc name is going to be shiat soon if they dun make a satisfying statement soon

rampage333

Banned
Reaction score
Knn... all the notices on their website all about changes to their interest rates and card promotions

not even a warning on the scam and phishing

knn

https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/notices#personal-banking

** i saw this notice jitao fix but no fix wth ?

This does not resolve the phishing issue where the scammers can change the limit LOL

In layman terms is just switching a broken bowl with a exact replica of the bowl but not broken.

EMPt1ness

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Customer gong gong enter bank accounts details
Bank gong gong just process the transfer of 100K from local to foreign account within minutes and not flagging it out

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fearful yes, stupid no

scammers made use of acct holders fear to their advantage

and its not like acct holders are responding to get rich quick scams
We’re in a ever fast pace environment that if we see urgent or in the mist of something we want to get it done ASAP. If not you’ll be scolded for wasting their time.

This discourages people to pay attention in what they are doing. If they could also pay more attention, plus a little bit of tech knowledge. I’m confident this won’t happen.

edit: regardless of Engineering, MICE, etc. my former managers expects me to be fast, even though I’m slower in mental processing

Last edited:

Dracky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't trust and don't use digital banking because SMS OTP is not secure. The banks can send OTP to scammers, or scammers can intercept OTPs. You won't know.

iPod Jack

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

** i saw this notice jitao fix but no fix wth ?

This does not resolve the phishing issue where the scammers can change the limit LOL

In layman terms is just switching a broken bowl with a exact replica of the bowl but not broken.

Updates to a) Terms and conditions governing OCBC PayNow Service and OCBC Cross-Border PayNow Service and b) Terms and conditions governing Electronic Banking Services – PayNow default daily limit is now revised to S$1,000

this msg?

Isnt it abit too late now...? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rampage333

Banned
Reaction score

Updates to a) Terms and conditions governing OCBC PayNow Service and OCBC Cross-Border PayNow Service and b) Terms and conditions governing Electronic Banking Services – PayNow default daily limit is now revised to S$1,000

this msg?

Isnt it abit too late now...? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ya i mean even if it's late is like wut? U just reduce 5000 to 1000, got use meh? If another victim click on the phishing link in sms, the scammer just change to 50k limit and transfer ...

Zzz ... whose great idea ah?

tank_t

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
100k transaction. how many and how often one does that?? so system to detect? bank could have hold the transaction.

for urgent cases , large sum, account owner physically go to the local branch.

theMKR

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup that's why I said their fraud department is really cui.

The scams can go on for days?!
i made a warning on 24th dec on my whatsapp groups lol
but moi no frens, cant scam moi frens if moi aint got no nothing

Visor9999

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes of coz. How to expect all sinkies to be IT literate. Many sinkies also heck care about learning IT stuff in sg

4Dluckystrike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How are the scammers able to have knowledge of web services API, local banks 2FA , and deploy such intricate scheme without triggering detection systems ? Think properly…

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not entirely their fault but they can definitely handle the situation better

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the entire organization still diam diam? no damage control at all? never hire PR firm?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.