OCBC f***ing evil bank

Xeniel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Background: due to recent issues, i tried to check how to permanently disabled PayNow/PayLah and also permanently disabled the activation of OneToken.

Result - no way.

Then, to safeguard my risk, i deleted all unnecessarily payee. Result - OK.
Then, to limit my damage, i lower most of transaction limits and also try to disable Oversea TT and MEPS which i don't really need.

However, at this moment, OCBC not sending sms OTP, but asking me to key in the hardward OTP, which battery flat for few years...

Then i tried to search for option for a replacement, all link divert me to activate OneToken with all the benefits listed.
Eventually, i found the Hardware token replacement, but following message followed...

A S$20 fee is charged if a lost or damaged token must be replaced. Please send us a secured email via Digital Banking and include the following details:

• Why the token needs replacing (e.g. run out of battery, damaged or lost)
  • Where we should mail the token to (if you have more than one mailing address in our records)

Thank you OCBC for protecting the scammers. If we want more secure services, we will need to pay $20 for the hardware token, which could be overwrite by the OneToken by scammers... WHY??????
Batt run out is free replacement la

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Background: due to recent issues, i tried to check how to permanently disabled PayNow/PayLah and also permanently disabled the activation of OneToken.

Result - no way.

Then, to limit my damage, i lower most of transaction limits and also try to disable Oversea TT and MEPS which i don't really need.

However, at this moment, OCBC not sending sms OTP, but asking me to key in the hardward OTP, which battery flat for few years...

Then i tried to search for option for a replacement, all link divert me to activate OneToken with all the benefits listed.
Eventually, i found the Hardware token replacement, but following message followed...

A S$20 fee is charged if a lost or damaged token must be replaced. Please send us a secured email via Digital Banking and include the following details:

• Where we should mail the token to (if you have more than one mailing address in our records)

Thank you OCBC for protecting the scammers. If we want more secure services, we will need to pay $20 for the hardware token, which could be overwrite by the OneToken by scammers... WHY??????

Juz transfer your money to dbs UOB bank and leave minimum in ocbc for the time being until u fix your issue.

fordsolo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if ts token rish due to battery flat, dun think will kena $20 penalty
perhaps can ask bank to clarify

SimilanJ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why TS still wants to be their customer?
Just cut the relationship and move your business to somewhere else.
all same right???
I am considering to split to 5 banks
If you never use your account for few years till now means it's not important to you. Why get so work out?
I am using all the time, but most of the time, sms OTP needed only

I am thinking to sort out all there security issues when i still capable
Maybe one day, due to new tech or new scam method and new OCBC genius, i will fall victims

I don't want to be in the scenario, work hard to make scammers rich and then people claim stupid old fuk ownself fall into scam.

Think only way to really de-risk, is converting my money to OCBC share.
Think shares kept at CDP is safe

Lchlch

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Result - no way.

Wow ocbc bank like that one?
cheat people man!

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Left ocbc as their refused to waive off annual fee for cards. Shifted everything to uob. Now may shift to dbs if not for the fact i need uob atm, no q.

BoosterJab

Banned
Reaction score

Result - no way.

I thought they no longer using hw token?

Lchlch

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This type of bank business is like bit you buy it and throw you one side and let you see fine print.
bye bye.

SimilanJ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought they no longer using hw token?
ya, me too...

It is a big surprise.. you can try, go to browser, internet banking, go to manage account limits, disable or change limit... They will ask you to use the hardware token, not SMS OTP.

Too bad OCBC didn't give this surprise to the scammers who used OneToken.

So, at the end, what is the point having Hardware Token, if One Token cannot be disabled and also can be taken over by scammers. BEST SECURITY ever?

yokine3a

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually ocbc is doing something to step up from this incident, I just now transfer money to my sister need to key in code generated from hardware token. Last time no such process de, just otp can liao.

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiya just put all your money into a bank account with low tech features, like cimb. then that low tech bank account only got payee to your other "risky" bank accounts. every tiime need money must transfer over from the low tech bank account lor

moonlighter_sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just don’t click sms from ocbc. Why so angry? If money is still lost, then it must be the bank fault.

BoosterJab

Banned
Reaction score
ya, me too...

It is a big surprise.. you can try, go to browser, internet banking, go to manage account limits, disable or change limit... They will ask you to use the hardware token, not SMS OTP.

Too bad OCBC didn't give this surprise to the scammers who used OneToken.

So, at the end, what is the point having Hardware Token, if One Token cannot be disabled and also can be taken over by scammers. BEST SECURITY ever?
It's not sms otp, it's in the ocbc app.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.