[SG News]Heng Swee Keat: "Meet Edmund, Shumin, and Melissa. Today, they work at Google. I encourage more people to explore tech sector

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore's tech sector will fall like Grab share price and DBS/OCBC customer count if the standard of hiring continues.

gamerx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those in the know, Google has changed their strategy alrdy. they r now the lowballer of the industry.
Since a long time ago. Figured that with their brandname, they don't need to pay that much unless candidate has counter offers. They still pay well, but not really amongst the top anymore. Fighting with Amazon to be the lowest paying FAANG. :s22:

siandiao

Reaction score
yeah i mean the programme is designed to pick these uber small number out of the thousands to be able to make it to Google, so that the govt can trumpet that it is a resounding success, and portraying the false hope those who go PCP, TeSA bao jiak if work hard - while not showing how the thousand others are right now. for all we know, they could have either end up getting lowball salary in crap SMEs enrolled into this programme, or still jobless after all these courses.

DynamiteZerg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i mean the programme is designed to pick these uber small number out of the thousands to be able to make it to Google, so that the govt can trumpet that it is a resounding success, and portraying the false hope those who go PCP, TeSA bao jiak if work hard - while not showing how the thousand others are right now. for all we know, they could have either end up getting lowball salary in crap SMEs enrolled into this programme, or still jobless after all these courses.
He never showed the others and all those that have failed

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.