Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For ladies 's suits, preferably linen, anyone has any experience with any shop?
Experience with regards to workmanship, service and price.

azeusa

Reaction score
Been completely out of the mtm/ bespoke scene the past couple of years...

My go-to was Iris, then switched to Seamless (back when they were Lusso...) for a bit. Had shirts (but not suits) from KayJen (when he was with Dylan) and Common Suits as well.

Would appreciate hearing about any recent experiences/ reviews (either good or bad) - after 2 years of Covid crap, I can't fit into my existing suits without looking like an overfilled dumpling.

Also - miss this forum!! Remember it dense with pics and v knowledgeable commentary

Last edited:

azeusa

Reaction score
Is igent still a thing in a covid wfh world, espec in sg?
no clue, honestly

but - given the resurgence of interest in watches (as in strictly superfluous, outrageously priced, but damn desirable mechanical watches, not fitness trackers masquerading as timepieces) even among the young, the tilt back to office working (at least in places like NYC etc.) and the fact that men are peacocks as much as women love their clothes - I think tailoring will never really die. It will probably evolve though, if it hasn't already - I guess the trend nowadays is for very unconstructed pieces in highly breathable, wrinkly fabrics (i.e. linen) - suits for the "street"/ instagram rather than the office - though I'm getting too old to be talking about "trends"

And many men will need a suit at least once in their lives - as a groom/ groomsman, if nothing else - so it would be a truly sad day when there aren't any "proper", average/ mid-tier tailors left in Sg to make suits for the man in the street - high SES folks can always make a few weekend trips to Italy/ Savile Row/ Cifonelli etc

Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no clue, honestly

but - given the resurgence of interest in watches (as in strictly superfluous, outrageously priced, but damn desirable mechanical watches, not fitness trackers masquerading as timepieces) even among the young, the tilt back to office working (at least in places like NYC etc.) and the fact that men are peacocks as much as women love their clothes - I think tailoring will never really die. It will probably evolve though, if it hasn't already - I guess the trend nowadays is for very unconstructed pieces in highly breathable, wrinkly fabrics (i.e. linen) - suits for the "street"/ instagram rather than the office - though I'm getting too old to be talking about "trends"

And many men will need a suit at least once in their lives - as a groom/ groomsman, if nothing else - so it would be a truly sad day when there aren't any "proper", average/ mid-tier tailors left in Sg to make suits for the man in the street - high SES folks can always make a few weekend trips to Italy/ Savile Row/ Cifonelli etc
Man I haven't worn a shirt, trouser, GYW shoe combo since COVID. It doesn't seem like I'll start when I return to office either. I have literal stacks of new shirts and trousers that I havent opened either. Sucks.

azeusa

Reaction score
Man I haven't worn a shirt, trouser, GYW shoe combo since COVID. It doesn't seem like I'll start when I return to office either. I have literal stacks of new shirts and trousers that I havent opened either. Sucks.
Damn - sucks man.

chaobotak

Reaction score
Paid $28 for pants and $25 for shirt alteration. Pants hemming and slight tapering, shirt shortening and slight slimming in the arms. Is the price reasonable?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paid $28 for pants and $25 for shirt alteration. Pants hemming and slight tapering, shirt shortening and slight slimming in the arms. Is the price reasonable?
It's not exorbitant, especially if you're satisfied with the end product!

yukirin92

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting some shirts for WFO since gaining 10kg during WFH. Anyone has experience with Suit yourself or a similarly priced tailor? Probably looking to do 2-3 simple Oxfords with button down collars.

Last edited:

LeGozt

Reaction score
Hello, any recommendations for suit alteration? Need some adjustments done around my waist, and also there's a small hole around the pants front pocket area :(

ahbear82

Reaction score
i need to tailored mades work wear, shirt and pants? Any tailor to recommend to make shirt and pants?

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
i need to tailored mades work wear, shirt and pants? Any tailor to recommend to make shirt and pants?
Depends on your budget.

Suggest you find tailors with 3 shirts promotion or even 5 shirts, 5 pants promo if you are tailoring for the whole week.

Este Bartin has 3 shirts promo:
https://www.estebartin.com/new-client/

Perfect Attire has 4 shirts/trousers promo:
https://www.perfectattire.com/fabrics/special-offers/andreazza-castelli-shirts-deal/
https://www.perfectattire.com/fabrics/special-offers/bespoketrousers-offer/
Ethan men also has bundle prices:
https://www.ethanmen.com/prices/

higher budget can go qmenwear etc

prozaizxc

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for casual linen mandarin collar shirts and linen pants? Those like at muji but thicker such that you can’t see through. Not so much for work but more for dressed up weekends. Been looking at Assemble which is the style I’m envisioning but not sure about the quality/bang for buck.

Do all the tailors have linen fabrics similar to the style of Assemble? I found one similar one from este bartin () and it’s from their cotton linen series.

Happy to hear recommendations for a budget around $130 per shirt/pants maximum. TIA!

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for casual linen mandarin collar shirts and linen pants? Those like at muji but thicker such that you can’t see through. Not so much for work but more for dressed up weekends. Been looking at Assemble which is the style I’m envisioning but not sure about the quality/bang for buck.

Do all the tailors have linen fabrics similar to the style of Assemble? I found one similar one from este bartin () and it’s from their cotton linen series.

Happy to hear recommendations for a budget around $130 per shirt/pants maximum. TIA!

i think linen is to dress down, stay cool under the heat, but you want linen shirts to dress up for weekends, with a mandarin collar to cover all the way up. You probably have to spend a lot of time ironing your linen shirts before the weekend to look sharp.

For linen pants, i am sure a lot of tailors can do it pretty well....look for Irish linen since you like thicker linen.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score

nowadays no people wear pants liao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.