owndays PC lens vs Crizal lens

mark2k

Reaction score
Essilor is the parent company of Crizal, they're the world's largest provider for ophthalmic lenses with a dozen brands under them Essilor brands

Personally, I've tried several types of lenses, transitions, polycarbonate, CR-39, Owndays etc... I can related to lacquerine's experience, as I've always found that the Owndays lenses seem to give me quicker eye-fatigue, and I've relegated them to a backup pair of spectacles.

I've owned 3 pairs of Crizals now and have no complaint whatsoever other than it's high cost, but it really warrants the quality. I have astigmatism on top of typical myopia but my $300 pair of Crizals never seem to give me any form of fatigue, worth every dollar over my $100 pair of Owndays. It may be cheap, but it might be the lens aspherical properties, material properties or various combination of factors that give my vote towards Crizal (by Essilor). ;)

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of all the blue reduce lenses, which one reduces blue light most?

Owndays' blue lens very reflective. Was always joked at by friends during mahjong and poker sessions and colleagues could tell I was "Apple+H" my internet browser when they enter the room

Just by looking at my glasses +_+

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Essilor is the parent company of Crizal, they're the world's largest provider for ophthalmic lenses with a dozen brands under them Essilor brands

Personally, I've tried several types of lenses, transitions, polycarbonate, CR-39, Owndays etc... I can related to lacquerine's experience, as I've always found that the Owndays lenses seem to give me quicker eye-fatigue, and I've relegated them to a backup pair of spectacles.

I've owned 3 pairs of Crizals now and have no complaint whatsoever other than it's high cost, but it really warrants the quality. I have astigmatism on top of typical myopia but my $300 pair of Crizals never seem to give me any form of fatigue, worth every dollar over my $100 pair of Owndays. It may be cheap, but it might be the lens aspherical properties, material properties or various combination of factors that give my vote towards Crizal (by Essilor). ;)

My frame is Owndays' AIR series, super light and flexible till it is hard to be bent out of shape (great for reservist or NS use, pity I bought it during the last years of my Reservist cycle), so I think that will be my frame forever unless I lose it

Yesterday went JB made a pair of new Transitions. Cost RM$380 for my pair (176 and 250 degrees). Way cheaper cos over here it'll over over S$250-$300+.

And just now I took my glasses off (abit skeptical wanted to check it the lens really transitional +_+) and noticed got Crizal logo watermark.

Thought it's some flaw or the lens was some sort of display lens, went to check with Google just now. End up it is just some proof of authenticity.

Overall I am pleased with it.

Swiftyz

Reaction score
My frame is Owndays' AIR series, super light and flexible till it is hard to be bent out of shape (great for reservist or NS use, pity I bought it during the last years of my Reservist cycle), so I think that will be my frame forever unless I lose it

Yesterday went JB made a pair of new Transitions. Cost RM$380 for my pair (176 and 250 degrees). Way cheaper cos over here it'll over over S$250-$300+.

And just now I took my glasses off (abit skeptical wanted to check it the lens really transitional +_+) and noticed got Crizal logo watermark.

Thought it's some flaw or the lens was some sort of display lens, went to check with Google just now. End up it is just some proof of authenticity.

Overall I am pleased with it.

Can sic the place to make specs in JB? Planning to get my first anti blue light specs! My future will be staring at computer for hours and hours. Time to take prevention care first

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can sic the place to make specs in JB? Planning to get my first anti blue light specs! My future will be staring at computer for hours and hours. Time to take prevention care first

There are softwares and apps to reduce blue light. Most new phones have built in blue light settings, win 10 have night light. The anti blue light lens and setting will made everything yellowish and distort the colours. :( Not to be use for colour accurate work.

Swiftyz

Reaction score
There are softwares and apps to reduce blue light. Most new phones have built in blue light settings, win 10 have night light. The anti blue light lens and setting will made everything yellowish and distort the colours. :( Not to be use for colour accurate work.

You just saved my money! :s12:

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
owndays charge $100 extra for computer lens. Any place to get cheaper? Or are owndays PC lens worth the money because of the higher quality?

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is interesting as I am facing similar issues with my Ownday's lens. I feel the fatigue and/or have a slight trouble focusing on words when reading.

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you buy Owndays frame then go else were to get Crizal lens???

sorry revive old thread but I looking at lenses now

Owndays Blue Light + anti fog = $200
crazy expensive for lense

will Crizal cost around the same?

Windowlover

Reaction score
It computer glasses useful to solve blur images ?

On/off find images blurs when looking on laptop like few hours, does it help with it ? On the other hand, if using external monitor just feel fine..

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

got antifog ar?

wow brb hoot now.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever special coating used on crizal for those fancy stuff, I can assure you that after some time, the coating will wear off, and you'll end up getting smudges, dirty, foggy etc.

Any shop can re-apply the coating?

snip82

Reaction score
I think most of the lens is quite good, my feel is zeiss lens have better clarity, cruzial I have like 3 years can see it start yellowish seem like peel or something but not affecting viewing previously like 7 years ago.. since then i get zeiss lens.. more impt is the frame.. nowdays so call branded frame does not hold well..

I have lindberg, I use less than 6 month the so call screwless hinge make from acrylic break , i repair for 180 dollar, then continue use another 8 month then accidentally small knock it break again..

After that I use oakley as least can last 3 years above before it OOS for repair, it abit more tough.
If you are a rough person better dun buy those oliver people or lindberg or switch out to cheapo spec when doing rough works or sport

raj2677

Reaction score
I think most of the lens is quite good, my feel is zeiss lens have better clarity, cruzial I have like 3 years can see it start yellowish seem like peel or something but not affecting viewing previously like 7 years ago.. since then i get zeiss lens.. more impt is the frame.. nowdays so call branded frame does not hold well..

I have lindberg, I use less than 6 month the so call screwless hinge make from acrylic break , i repair for 180 dollar, then continue use another 8 month then accidentally small knock it break again..

After that I use oakley as least can last 3 years above before it OOS for repair, it abit more tough.
If you are a rough person better dun buy those oliver people or lindberg or switch out to cheapo spec when doing rough works or sport

Just to check Oakley frames can be repaired? I have some paint peeling on the front of the frame.

snip82

Reaction score
Just to check Oakley frames can be repaired? I have some paint peeling on the front of the frame.
If under warranty maybe plus if their product is still in production.. u can check back with the optical shop u purchase from..

From my point of view the serviceability of frame from all the brands usually is not like TV repair or electronic or even like watch.. their product life is very fast off the shelf after a year or 2..

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Confirm can. Been there done that. Once locally, another time changed lens at Holiday Plaza at Johor Bahru.

Owndays' blue light lens is very reflective. Someone in front of you can see if you are surfing the net at work or what your mahjong tile is just by looking at your glasses.

Really what happened to me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.