Google Pixel 6 series

What colors do you want to see on the Pixel 6?

• Black / White / Red (as renders) Matte Black Black

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Black / White (Panda)

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Clearly White

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Just Black

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Not Pink / Sand

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Really Blue / Kinda Blue

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Oh So Orange

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Sorta Sage

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

SleekyQ

Reaction score
Would you guys still recommend getting for the qoo10 store? Not sure if should wait and hope for a $819 deal again

earthtk

Reaction score
Would you guys still recommend getting for the qoo10 store? Not sure if should wait and hope for a $819 deal again
Don't know what factors of consideration are you looking into. If base solely on price, yes is worth it.

Anyway.. anyone using eep chargers to charger your pixel 6? So hard to find a cheap and good one. All the current wireless chargers I have are non eep- compliant. Sian

zenify.me

Reaction score
Battery life is a little underwhelming coming from oneplus 7t considering it has ~800mAh more battery, seems like the exynos modem drain is still not fixed....

altca4

Reaction score
Battery life is a little underwhelming coming from oneplus 7t considering it has ~800mAh more battery, seems like the exynos modem drain is still not fixed....
Seemed that the Jan22 patch did nothing to rectify the severe network drain on battery

My 2nd 24hrs showed the followings (while 1st 24hr is along the same line):
(phone was charged to 92%from 18%)
SOT 2hr 42min 9%
Mobile Network 29%
Phone Idle 9%
Wi-Fi 4%
Android 5%
and more

So my p6p (not exactly but) kind of drained (29+9+4+5=)47% of the 5000mah battery by just being turned on and stay connected to SIM and WIFI!
So in a sense, the 5000mah is only showing mileage of a <3000mah phone...

This is my only complain but it is a severe one.
With my usual usage, it barely last 10 hours (provided that I do not go on a photography spree). In comparison, S21 ultra can last me 28 hrs ish with the same usage.
I cannot imagine bringing it on a business trip with roaming turned on...

I will give it a benefit of a doubt and continue to monitor for a full week T_T

Justbear

Master Member
Reaction score
I have issues calling out / the other party couldnt hear me well at places that doesnt have good reception (even though the reception bar is near full) after this update. Not sure you guys have the same problem?

gluexi

Reaction score
Seemed that the Jan22 patch did nothing to rectify the severe network drain on battery

SOT 2hr 42min 9%
Mobile Network 29%
Phone Idle 9%
Wi-Fi 4%
Android 5%
and more

So my p6p (not exactly but) kind of drained (29+9+4+5=)47% of the 5000mah battery by just being turned on and stay connected to SIM and WIFI!

With my usual usage, it barely last 10 hours (provided that I do not go on a photography spree). In comparison, S21 ultra can last me 28 hrs ish with the same usage.

It's more of a hardware things leow when the phone is born like that. i don't believe software fine tune can help much.
thanks to lousy chips been selected by the top management.
For us, either hold on to it or sell it. : (

altca4

Reaction score
It's more of a hardware things leow when the phone is born like that. i don't believe software fine tune can help much.
thanks to lousy chips been selected by the top management.
For us, either hold on to it or sell it. : (
I am convincing myself to allocate more patience, I hope that the software side can help...

I waited for a long time before jumping onto a pixel phone,
-I cannot swallow the fact that previously, they are calling premium pricing for mid range hardware (those previous models were never mature or polished enough to truly pit against the likes of sammy and fruity)
-by this gen, they are actually of worthy value with good hardware (if we ignore the import and shipping charges)

Unfortunately for google the following is also quite true:
-the other OEM's additional layers of OS have caught up
-they are arguably just as smooth and speedy
-the other OEM's periodical software update cycle have caught up drastically too
(for e.g sammy is like update every 5 weeks ish, Sony monthly, Xiaomi monthly or even sooner, Vivo every 4-6 weeks ish)
-the computational photography have its strength on certain scenarios but can also be a bad eyesore on others (like picture with furs of my pomsky, the outcome is just too harsh and processed. Her fur is like on spikey super saiyan mode with pictures taken from p6p, lol)
-the likes of vivo and the route the china competitors take are more wholesome marrying both hardware and software and they are gaining momentum on having additional imaging chips which are showing great results. They just need to reign in their nonsensical white filters (which mindblowingly extended to their dramas) (you can see fruity being forced to follow their trend of saturating more and increasing POP, LOL, and that is quite the compliment in itself)
-I am also a little surprised with google's slightly lack in polish (but noticeable) after so many version of pixels and with a portion of their mobile team based on HTC's old team (HTC's hardware quality and polish are pretty impressive then)
-this whole pixel 6 pro experience so far is akin to those chinese phones 3 years back (which lacks polish at that point) but now, the table have turned...

In all fairness, my p6p never gave me any problems apart from the battery longetivity and charging speed
but those are severe fundamental flaws.
Imo, Pixel is more like the chinese phones of yesteryears playing catchup now...
(I was never a fan of MKBHD as he lacks the neutrality of a technologist but I can relate to him with the pixel 6 developments so far...)

Sigh...

Last edited:

Paddy83

Reaction score

SOT 2hr 42min 9%
Mobile Network 29%
Phone Idle 9%
Wi-Fi 4%
Android 5%
and more

I'm also on my second day after updating the P6Pro, its improved a bit. Mobile network standby used to be close to 30%

Mobile network standby 23%
Screen 10%
Phone idle 3%
Wifi 6%
Android 1%

Having a bit less loss of network, went also back to activate Adaptive Connectivity. Hoping this improves month by month, too many times i run into low battery issues.

Getting 5G Starhub SIM on Thursday :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.