Travel from Singapore to Indonesia (and back)

X3no

Reaction score
Hello Friends, I have some burning questions with regards to the Indo-SG VTL. Looking for advices (or a checklist!) on the following:
1. SG-Indo Air tickets - only SQ or I can buy Air-Asia?
2. Any special permission required to enter Indonesia? Currently hold Indonesia passport + valid Singapore work permit
3. PCR test is 3 days before flight + one within 24 hrs on arrival?
4. Currently Indo require 10-day quarantine - any special website/authority to book?
5. How do I know when can exit quarantine - someone will inform?
6. Indo-SG Air ticket - I guess must buy those with "VTL" ?
7. Any special permission required to (re)enter SG? Currently hold Indonesia passport + valid Singapore work permit
8. Any other things to note?
Thank you very much!
❤

Kclabalaba

Reaction score
Which city of Indonesia you are going to? Have you considered going to Batam and fly domestic to your city?

X3no

Reaction score
Which city of Indonesia you are going to? Have you considered going to Batam and fly domestic to your city?
Going to Sukabumi thus the route would be SG to JKT then balik Kampong.

Is the Batam route easier as this is a new VTL that was launched recently.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Note that the Batam/Bintan VTL does not allow onward travel to other parts of Indonesia.

Kclabalaba

Reaction score
There is no sea vtl between Singapore and Indonesia. The current travel bubble (not sure if it’s started) requires the visitors to stay within the resort area and follow the itinerary.

If you don’t mind doing quarantine in Batam for 7 days, then you are free to travel to any cities in Indonesia. The reason I suggested Batam is - first, ferry tickets should be cheaper than flight tickets.
Second, the accommodations should be cheaper too compared to Jakarta.

But I heard from my agent that my fave ferry operator has been asked to divert their ferry service to harbour bay (from Batam centre) or divert passengers to horizon ferry.

There are some noise on the ground coz horizon has upped the price to $50-$70. Not sure how true this is coz I haven’t got time to call the ferry operator.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
There is no sea vtl between Singapore and Indonesia. The current travel bubble (not sure if it’s started) requires the visitors to stay within the resort area and follow the itinerary.

If you don’t mind doing quarantine in Batam for 7 days, then you are free to travel to any cities in Indonesia. The reason I suggested Batam is - first, ferry tickets should be cheaper than flight tickets.
Second, the accommodations should be cheaper too compared to Jakarta.

But I heard from my agent that my fave ferry operator has been asked to divert their ferry service to harbour bay (from Batam centre) or divert passengers to horizon ferry.

There are some noise on the ground coz horizon has upped the price to $50-$70. Not sure how true this is coz I haven’t got time to call the ferry operator.
To clarify, see this link.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...apore-nongsa-lagoi-covid-19-2457611?cid=FBcna
Basically, at this time, the quarantine-free arrangement applies only one way. All non-VTL travellers from Indonesia, including travellers returning to Singapore via this route, are required to take a pre-departure COVID-19 test within two days before departing for Singapore.

sellun

Reaction score
Anyone been to Jakarta recently? Might need to go next week for work

Zaedalus

Reaction score
Hi all, need some advice.

Planning to travel to Bali, but direct there from SG is getting expensive. May I ask if this self-transfer route is possible:

SG - Jakarta - Bali

Have to do self transfer, meaning clear customs and out of the transit area and check in with the Jakarta-Bali flight.

sellun

Reaction score
Just went there Jakarta last week. Just make sure you have all the requirements to enter. PCR, insurance & etc. Technically you should be able to travel domestically if you meet all requirements. The custom officer at Jakarta did ask to see my return flight, you might need to state your reason for flying Jakarta then Bali tho.... Maybe can say cock reason like meet friend in Jakarta before going

Zaedalus

Reaction score
Just went there Jakarta last week. Just make sure you have all the requirements to enter. PCR, insurance & etc. Technically you should be able to travel domestically if you meet all requirements. The custom officer at Jakarta did ask to see my return flight, you might need to state your reason for flying Jakarta then Bali tho.... Maybe can say cock reason like meet friend in Jakarta before going
Thanks, this is helpful :)

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi
any advise if still need the pedulilindungi app for jakarta ? do i need to verify vaccine first as i submitted to the site https://vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/user but still not verified and i need to fly tomorrow ?

sellun

Reaction score
hi
any advise if still need the pedulilindungi app for jakarta ? do i need to verify vaccine first as i submitted to the site https://vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/user but still not verified and i need to fly tomorrow ?
By right still need the app but nobody checked me. According to the app when you try to create EHAC, there's a note

Effective from 5 April 2022, International travellers to Indonesia are only required to download PeduliLindungi App and complete their user profile in the app.

When you enter shopping mall or some places you might need to use the app to check in but normally I just sneak in...

The only vaccination check is when you check in at changi airport and in Jakarta airport before custom check. You only need to show the notarized vaccination cert.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By right still need the app but nobody checked me. According to the app when you try to create EHAC, there's a note

Effective from 5 April 2022, International travellers to Indonesia are only required to download PeduliLindungi App and complete their user profile in the app.

When you enter shopping mall or some places you might need to use the app to check in but normally I just sneak in...

The only vaccination check is when you check in at changi airport and in Jakarta airport before custom check. You only need to show the notarized vaccination cert.
thank for the advice !!
i guess no need e-hac now for travel to indo right?

sellun

Reaction score
No need .. if you go places that needs check in, you might not be allow as your app will not have you vaccination record. But maybe if you can speak bahasa can convince the guard using normal vaccine cert

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently travelled to Indonesia and back? I just check ICA website and it says must take ART or PCT test before arriving in Indonesia. Anyone here had any recent experience on this?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.