Oppo Reno 7 Series

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between export set and local set for reno7pro apart from guarantee? Easy to self install Google services?

The China ROM might have some Chinese apps that can't be uninstalled (but no biggie to me). Google play services is literally an apk away.. many guides on youtube

1) Reno 7 Pro sales begin on 15th Jan 2022, at $999

2) Last paragraph, it mentioned Reno 7 5G model will begin retail in February 2022, with more details about this variant shared closer to its launch.

@waterballoon, you can read point 2

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-oppo-reno7-pro-5g-launches-singapore-15-january-2022

oooo shall wait for Feb then. the $919 sales price for Pro also quite high haha

lachesis

Reaction score
If $919 then no point buy china set liao. 3999rmb also abt $850 now. But I dun Lazada and shoppe oppo stores put $919. Both state $999 leh

gws898

Reaction score

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just nice coincide with CNY coupons. 3k coins around $30? then can use grabpay to earn points too?

1ugjYi0.jpg

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have the grabpay virtual card it's pretty much just like using any other credit or debit card.

oh lol okay I have that! but I watched your review le... 7 Pro seems so-so.

actually OPPO is quite funny. I checked the specs of Reno3 Pro and Reno4 Pro, their cameras seem decent. But now looks like OPPO wants to make the Reno series as midrange as they can and reserve OIS, telephoto cams for the Find series?

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh lol okay I have that! but I watched your review le... 7 Pro seems so-so.

actually OPPO is quite funny. I checked the specs of Reno3 Pro and Reno4 Pro, their cameras seem decent. But now looks like OPPO wants to make the Reno series as midrange as they can and reserve OIS, telephoto cams for the Find series?
it's even stranger since the reno2 had OIS, and the reno6 pro (snapdragon version) has OIS? lol. To me i think good for folks who prioritise taking selfies and want premium build? but other that that, probably not the best value at RRP. but at least i don't think it's as bad value compared to last few reno devices i've tried like reno6 pro and reno4 pro? at least with actually good sounding stereo speakers now the multimedia experience (movies and games) is a lot better, and the build quality is pretty much like flagship phone (just minus IP rating).

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many Reno 7 variants are there ?
I go oppo store see, specs listed got SD card slot but check online all show none, some even have sd778 instead of the Dimension 900 I saw on the brochure.

Last edited:

Rashid68

Reaction score
How many Reno 7 variants are there ?
I go oppo store see, specs listed got SD card slot but check online all show none, some even have sd778 instead of the Dimension 900 I saw on the brochure.

The Red New Year Edition comes with SD778. The normal Pro version comes with dimensity 1200

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They must have a misprint on the brochure then...

PXL-20220126-043120617.jpg

this is definitely a mis-print unless it's a localization thing.

the "Reno7" in this brochure is actually the Reno7 SE - https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_reno7_se_5g-11191.php and has no SD card slot. The OPPO China website specs for SE also says it doesn't have a SD card slot.

not too sure what's going on with the SG market but if it's Dimensity 900 then definitely the Reno7 SE. Guess we won't be getting the vanilla Reno7...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.