China Tablets to recommend

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
I am also a Lenovo Xiaoxin Pro (2020) users. My ROM is also now TB-J706G_S620150_211226_ROW (after OTA upgrade). But after the OTA upgrade, I am now facing Widewine issues with Netflix. Any bros have any suggestion how to solve this? I had attempt to flash the latest ROM (version as above) via Lenovo rescue tool but failed.
Attached the two pictures from DRM info app and Netflix playback config.
BDhXftN.jpg

U0vUYw2.jpg

U are already on the latest rom and should have no problems with drm in most subscription apps. But sadly I cannot help u further as I don't use Netflix. Perhaps other bros who use Netflix can help.

Some people factory reset, install other builds of Netflix from APKPure, etc to resolve this.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
using the iplay40 ($260), so far so good, just that it dont support pencil.

Originally I am quite happy with my iplay40, except for 3 things: build quality, speakers and app optimization. I do encountered a bunch of apps not properly optimized for the newcomer unisoc CPU and encountered issues.

When I decided to get the pad pro 2020 and received it, I am totally impressed by the value and quality Lenovo delivers at this price point.

Android world is predominantly ruled by the big 4 chip variants: snapdragon, kirin, exynos and mediatek, so it will take time for the developers to recognize unisoc and support it better. Hopefully, with the Samsung A8 also using the same unisoc t618 chip, developers will support the unisoc chipsets better.

And this year, it looks like we have another chip maker entering the Android world. Socionext.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2022/01/11/lenovo-tab-m10-3rd-gen-appears-on-google-play-with-unique-cpu/

starbury

Reaction score
Happy CNY too.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/unisoc-tiger-t610-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-662
Overall SD 662 is a better performer than the unisoc, benchmarks wise. Pad11 also has significantly better build quality, speakers and updates (Lenovo will support security updates for this model until 2023)

The consideration for kpad and other alldocube models is if u really need the 4g sim slot. Lenovo and other major manufacturers had ditched the sim slots in majority of their models.
Thanks Remless!

you know of any way to get the P11 at about $170/$180 shipped? tried looking on TaoBao, but it seems like no sellers support 跨境邮...a bit reluctant to rely on forwarders

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Remless!

you know of any way to get the P11 at about $170/$180 shipped? tried looking on TaoBao, but it seems like no sellers support 跨境邮...a bit reluctant to rely on forwarders

I don't buy from tb for electronics of this value. After sales support will be really difficult.

The max I reduced for my set is $182 during sales at shoppee, after shop coupon, credit card discount and sales coupon.

U might want to see if during 2/2, whether there are any good offers from lazada and shoppee.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just some tips:

1) Do a factory reset when u are updated to zui 13, to get a fresh start and the new zui 13 theme
2) Download playstore from here:
https://m.apkpure.com/google-play-store/com.android.vending
If u encounter playstore is not compatible with this device errors, try other playstore builds on the bottom of that webpage.

3) Change the keyboard, ime, browser, etc to what u prefer and if required, uninstall those preinstalled Chinese apps. From what I went through for both 2020 and 2021 models on zui, these tablets can be fully debloated.

thank you! I debloated before updating to ZUI 13... too lazy to factory reset and do everything again haha. so far so good. the speakers are so good and the cold feel of metal in my aircon room is good

can tell us what did you say wor...
enjoy yr Pad Pro ya?

I initially requested for ZUI because I mixed it up with the 2021 Plus and Pro models which should only have ZUI (any Global ROM is not official). the seller kept saying "it's android 10, not ZUI" so I gave up asking and took it that it will be Global ROM for Pad Pro 2020. but end up it came with Android 11 out of the box with ZUI 12.6 which is already at a stage that is beyond downgrading/flashing back to Global thanks to Lenovo's meddling (think Remless mentioned before and there was a China reviewer who flashed the finger on his video to this Lenovo move)

Thanks Remless!

I think tanteo/monmart the usual sell P11 at $209 or so already, you deduct 1,000 coins and camp for some 2.2 sale vouchers definitely can around $190 or so bah... just have to wait since it's CNY so their China side on break, at least on Shopee you're somewhat protected by Shopee. Taobao is a bottomless pit wor

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Very sian ½, tried 4 lappies (Lenovo, Acer and HP) all cannot flash my pad pro (2020) to global 😅

And I thot Lenovo lappy sure fren fren with Lenovo tablet..

gua gua gua 🎵🎶

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Very sian ½, tried 4 lappies (Lenovo, Acer and HP) all cannot flash my pad pro (2020) to global 😅

And I thot Lenovo lappy sure fren fren with Lenovo tablet..

gua gua gua 🎵🎶

I see. If being through 4 laptops and u are still unable to flash to global rom, that means the easy method is not working for u. I won't advise u to try the harder qfil method as it's another bunch of headaches with more things to check.

I will encourage u to stay in cn rom and update to zui 13.

PS: this is only my assumption. Lenovo global had declared EOL for Lenovo pad pro 2020 for security updates in the global rom, but zui had not declared so officially. It might be possible that we will continue to get updates under zui, especially when zui 13 is so newly released.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
I start frm 12.5 then it shows error then I panic d.

So I try flash 12.6 still the same issue then I know I doom liao.

I think I will stay away to lock BL or flash ROM until ZUI 13 to try again.

Netflix and Disney+ is nt my main purpose to buy this tablet.
Hey guys, it has been awhile since my last post on this thread.

Today I spend some of my free time to play around my tablet as I wish to have further updates for my PadPlus.

Based on my research, the previous update failed might due the stupid region check.
Most likely the seller is flashing Global ROM for PadPlus(5G) that comes with region check validation.

So this is what I have done:
  1. Boot the tablet to recovery mode
  2. Under the menu, let it boot to FFBM mode
  3. Launch your QFIL tool and select Tools -> QCN Backup and Restore
  4. Backup your QCN file to your hard drive.
  5. Download Hex Editor from here -> https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
  6. Look for this under HEX value -> 88 00 01 00 CA 1A 00 00 01/02
  7. If you wish to flash ZUI ROM, edit to 01, else 02 for Global ROM
So far so good, able to update until 12.6.142 wihtout issue and also able to detect ZUI 13 updates too.
But since that some review on ZUI 13 got some bugs, I may hold the update at the moment.

I do see some bros really wish to try to update thier tab to global, you try my method above but I do not hold any resposibilty if you brick it

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it has been awhile since my last post on this thread.

Today I spend some of my free time to play around my tablet as I wish to have further updates for my PadPlus.

Based on my research, the previous update failed might due the stupid region check.
Most likely the seller is flashing Global ROM for PadPlus(5G) that comes with region check validation.

So this is what I have done:
  1. Boot the tablet to recovery mode
  2. Under the menu, let it boot to FFBM mode
  3. Launch your QFIL tool and select Tools -> QCN Backup and Restore
  4. Backup your QCN file to your hard drive.
  5. Download Hex Editor from here -> https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
  6. Look for this under HEX value -> 88 00 01 00 CA 1A 00 00 01/02
  7. If you wish to flash ZUI ROM, edit to 01, else 02 for Global ROM
So far so good, able to update until 12.6.142 wihtout issue and also able to detect ZUI 13 updates too.
But since that some review on ZUI 13 got some bugs, I may hold the update at the moment.

I do see some bros really wish to try to update thier tab to global, you try my method above but I do not hold any resposibilty if you brick it

It's a risky method definitely not for the fainthearted. Also, the hex value is different across different models for the 2nd region code.

Btw, I encountered more issues in zui 12.6 than zui 13. Zui 13 is so much better than zui 12. Also, for pad plus, they rolled out the 3rd zui 13 OTA update, which fixes more stuff. So updating to zui 13 is the way to go.

https://m.ithome.com/html/599524.htm

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
It's a risky method definitely not for the fainthearted. Also, the hex value is different across different models for the 2nd region code.

Btw, I encountered more issues in zui 12.6 than zui 13. Zui 13 is so much better than zui 12. Also, for pad plus, they rolled out the 3rd zui 13 OTA update, which fixes more stuff. So updating to zui 13 is the way to go.

https://m.ithome.com/html/599524.htm
Will update later when I am back to home

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Will update later when I am back to home

Ok. But so far, do u like the pad plus? Out of the 5 2020/2021 pad series models, pad plus is the only one I didn't buy to try out.

Also, at the bottom of that update page, there is this comment, which received 41 likes:
这机子最大的问题是屏幕 触摸延迟巨大

Essentially translated to: The biggest problem with this tablet is the screen. Huge touch lag and latency.

So far, for u, is the tablet responding well to your touches and is there is any lag?

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Ok. But so far, do u like the pad plus? Out of the 5 2020/2021 pad series models, pad plus is the only one I didn't buy to try out.

Also, at the bottom of that update page, there is this comment, which received 41 likes:
这机子最大的问题是屏幕 触摸延迟巨大

Essentially translated to: The biggest problem with this tablet is the screen. Huge touch lag and latency.

So far, for u, is the tablet responding well to your touches and is there is any lag?
Don't not feel that, might be due to I am not fussy.

Anything keep u guys posted.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score

这机子最大的问题是屏幕 触摸延迟巨大

I am on ZUI 13 now, so far so good. Just use around 10min.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
I am on ZUI 13 now, so far so good. Just use around 10min.

Nice.

Although I generally recommend the global rom, mainly for no-frills ease of use and less google stuff related glitches, I personally prefer zui more. Mainly for it's advanced features and productivity/PC mode.

For eg.

P12 pro (global rom)

Tablet mode

s4wgib4_d.webp

Productivity mode

MWyYiuz_d.webp

As it can be seen, nothing much change from tablet to PC mode in the global rom, except the addition of the bottom task bar and support for multi, resizable windows.

Pad pro 2021 (Zui)

Tablet mode

mqTUAv1_d.webp

PC mode

XH0WDRb_d.webp

The change from tablet mode to PC mode is very obvious. We are greeted with a fresh desktop in the PC mode and can customize the icons on the desktop without affecting the homescreen on the tablet mode. (On global rom, the homescreen is shared. Whatever that is done on the productivity mode will affect the tablet mode)

Zui's PC mode is cleaner and I think it's closer to Samsung Dex than the global rom version.

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
I see. If being through 4 laptops and u are still unable to flash to global rom, that means the easy method is not working for u. I won't advise u to try the harder qfil method as it's another bunch of headaches with more things to check.
I will encourage u to stay in cn rom and update to zui 13.
PS: this is only my assumption. Lenovo global had declared EOL for Lenovo pad pro 2020 for security updates in the global rom, but zui had not declared so officially. It might be possible that we will continue to get updates under zui, especially when zui 13 is so newly released.

Thanks much bro. I think prolly I'll go think think and see if I wanna update my China Rom bah, and pray that Netflix become L1 for me (my DRM info shows L1 now but dunno why Netflix is L3 SD) 🤞

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Last edited:

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Nice.

Although I generally recommend the global rom, mainly for no-frills ease of use and less google stuff related glitches, I personally prefer zui more. Mainly for it's advanced features and productivity/PC mode.

For eg.

P12 pro (global rom)

Tablet mode

s4wgib4_d.webp

Productivity mode

MWyYiuz_d.webp

As it can be seen, nothing much change from tablet to PC mode in the global rom, except the addition of the bottom task bar and support for multi, resizable windows.

Pad pro 2021 (Zui)

Tablet mode

mqTUAv1_d.webp

PC mode

XH0WDRb_d.webp

The change from tablet mode to PC mode is very obvious. We are greeted with a fresh desktop in the PC mode and can customize the icons on the desktop without affecting the homescreen on the tablet mode. (On global rom, the homescreen is shared. Whatever that is done on the productivity mode will affect the tablet mode)

Zui's PC mode is cleaner and I think it's closer to Samsung Dex than the global rom version.
That's my main reason to get ZUI.
Another reason why I decide to try update from ZUI 12.5 to 12.6 is due to supported file system.

Previously when I insert sd card with. Ex-Fat it does not recognize, same goes to NTFS.

After updated, I found NTFS seems fine now and I am yet to try on Ex-Fat.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks much bro. I think prolly I'll go think think and see if I wanna update my China Rom bah, and pray that Netflix become L1 for me (my DRM info shows L1 now but dunno why Netflix is L3 SD) 🤞

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Bro, I had a lot trouble getting the global ROM to flash also. Try updating your drivers for your laptops. Download the latest chipset drivers for your laptop's motherboard. Then try again. If cannot, try updating just the ADB USB drivers. You can find them online.

By the way, I used QFIL to flash. LMSA just didn't work for me. The reason why both QFIL & LMSA are so fussy about the USB connection is cos it ensures the flashing won't fail and brick your tablet! Search for my posts in this thread, I posted a very detailed procedure with photos using QFIL... Hopefully it helps. So just update your chipset drivers first cos it also contains your USB controller drivers which is the root problem as to why the flashing failed.

All the best bro!

EDIT: flashing instructions here: Page 174 of this thread.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-to-recommend.3194109/page-174#post-132390668

Last edited:

lao3hero

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro, I had a lot trouble getting the global ROM to flash also. Try updating your drivers for your laptops. Download the latest chipset drivers for your laptop's motherboard. Then try again. If cannot, try updating just the ADB USB drivers. You can find them online.
By the way, I used QFIL to flash. LMSA just didn't work for me. The reason why both QFIL & LMSA are so fussy about the USB connection is cos it ensures the flashing won't fail and brick your tablet! Search for my posts in this thread, I posted a very detailed procedure with photos using QFIL... Hopefully it helps. So just update your chipset drivers first cos it also contains your USB controller drivers which is the root problem as to why the flashing failed.
All the best bro!
EDIT: flashing instructions here: Page 174 of this thread.
hwz-logo-1500.png

China Tablets to recommend
opps i know liaoz got different bundles
icon.ico

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg

Thanks much bro, for your reply and guidance to your post on flashing; I was almost gonna click on updating my China ROM le

I went to the extent of on the way by the way borrow my BIL's laptop when I went over for reunion dinner lol

Maybe tonite or tmr I'll try again 🤞

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.