Any foldable bicycle below 10kg to recommend?

ilovechickenwing

Master Member
Reaction score
may i know foldable bike usually can last how many years? if proper care and ride everyday abt 8km only.

aireth

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most who bought foldable anything don’t fold them up.
Agree, l see the number of foldables locked at the void deck don't see why they bother to buy foldables when they have no need to fold and a normal bike might be better at the same price.

joestar

Reaction score
One important factor for me is after folded, the bike must be able to roll like a trolley on the ground.
If not I carry until siao.

You may think short distance just carry lah.
But it is not like that.
I sold my dahon and tyrell for a brompton R.

To make rolling easy for Brompton R. Consider install omni wheel, makes rolling much easier to steer. Of cos, aesthetics not compared to those atas Ez wheels.

drkcynic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most who bought foldable anything don’t fold them up.
Actually i do, fold and put them in the boot with 2x kids bikes, drive somewhere to cycle.

I don't cycle on the roads so foldies are useful to me.

tomasulu

Banned
Reaction score
Actually i do, fold and put them in the boot with 2x kids bikes, drive somewhere to cycle.

I don't cycle on the roads so foldies are useful to me.
That’s about the only use case I can think of. But driving to somewhere to cycle kinda defeats the purpose of cycling. But that’s just me.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Shimano Altus, sora, tiagra, hollow tech, aero wheel set and hydraulic brake doesn't mean anything to you... Just buy the cheapest bike you are willing to pay...

Chrysanthemum Tea

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone considered getting a china titanium brompton frame and DIY a bike?

can even get a 20 inch version of the front and rear fork to fit bigger wheel

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.