Samsung Galaxy Note 10- Let's speculate...

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many applications are having error updating after my note 10+ updated. Anyone face this issue?
IMHO.
Today, I just discovered my Spotify will stop playing after a short while. Still trying to find out what is wrong.
Other than that, no other symptoms.

GoldenStars

Reaction score
anyone knows how to solve the s pen disconnected issue? have to send for repair? also if want to use earpiece with a 3.5mm jack is there any specific type of type c to 3.5mm adapter that I have to get for this phone? cos understand some phone only take some specific adapter not sure about note 10+

camoguysg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how to solve the s pen disconnected issue? have to send for repair? also if want to use earpiece with a 3.5mm jack is there any specific type of type c to 3.5mm adapter that I have to get for this phone? cos understand some phone only take some specific adapter not sure about note 10+
I am having the same issue as you. This happened very suddenly and i am not sure whether it is caused by recent upgrade in one of the software. I have tested by inserting the same spen into another phone and no issue. So its definitely not the spen issue anymore. You can try this too if u have another note. If its spen issue you can easily resolved by buying a new one (make sure it has Bluetooth function). If its the phone i am not sure how much it costs to repair, but highly not worth it

Anyway got the s22u liao so my note10 will retire as my secondary phone.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO. AFAIK.
I have the s-pen disconnecting issue.
In the end, it is because the s-pen was faulty.
It just so happened that the failure was around the same time of the upgrade to Android 12.

What I read, the Note10+ adaptor has to be specific. Normal ones cannot.

GoldenStars

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as you. This happened very suddenly and i am not sure whether it is caused by recent upgrade in one of the software. I have tested by inserting the same spen into another phone and no issue. So its definitely not the spen issue anymore. You can try this too if u have another note. If its spen issue you can easily resolved by buying a new one (make sure it has Bluetooth function). If its the phone i am not sure how much it costs to repair, but highly not worth it

I don't have spare phone to test but I don't think is the S pen issue. when I take out the S pen from the phone the menu still pops out and the pen can be used. just that the phone keeps saying S pen disconnected on the drop down menu which I have no idea why. is there some sensor inside the s pen port or something?

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hmm... cannot be got 3 sheer coincidentally. Maybe the upgrade did something ? * conspiracy theory * 🤣

GoldenStars

Reaction score
IMHO. AFAIK.
I have the s-pen disconnecting issue.
In the end, it is because the s-pen was faulty.
It just so happened that the failure was around the same time of the upgrade to Android 12.
What I read, the Note10+ adaptor has to be specific. Normal ones cannot.

so you bought a new s pen?

aiyo so the adapter must buy from Samsung direct cannot buy those cheapo kind?

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so you bought a new s pen?
aiyo so the adapter must buy from Samsung direct cannot buy those cheapo kind?
IMHO.
Yes, I bought new s-pen.
I got access to another s-pen to do the testing to confirm the fault.

The adapter best is to buy legit or proven ones.
I am a late adopter of wireless earbuds.
I am using Soundpeats TrueAir2 - loud enough and convenient.

Out of curiosity, I connect a Creative SoundBlaster Play 4. It worked but I find the volume a bit soft.
Maybe it is because of my headset w/mic.
You can check it out if you are connecting some high-end headset.

GoldenStars

Reaction score
IMHO.
Yes, I bought new s-pen.
I got access to another s-pen to do the testing to confirm the fault.
The adapter best is to buy legit or proven ones.
I am a late adopter of wireless earbuds.
I am using Soundpeats TrueAir2 - loud enough and convenient.
Out of curiosity, I connect a Creative SoundBlaster Play 4. It worked but I find the volume a bit soft.
Maybe it is because of my headset w/mic.
You can check it out if you are connecting some high-end headset.

I see. Maybe will go try to borrow an S pen to try even though I doubt that is the issue. How much did you buy the new S pen for?

I'm actually using Samsung buds+ that I got together with the phone as my go out earbuds just thinking can use my earphones when at home. Not high end earphones ah using a ibasso IT01 but will check it out. maybe I go google a little more see which kind of adapter works first

thanks for your advice

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Maybe will go try to borrow an S pen to try even though I doubt that is the issue. How much did you buy the new S pen for?

I'm actually using Samsung buds+ that I got together with the phone as my go out earbuds just thinking can use my earphones when at home. Not high end earphones ah using a ibasso IT01 but will check it out. maybe I go google a little more see which kind of adapter works first

thanks for your advice
IMHO.

IIRC, it's around $40 from Qoo10. Ex I would say !

You can google using these keywords. All I can say if they put the phone there, should be quite "safe" !

Ugreen note 10 usb 3.5mm
Baseus note 10 usb 3.5mm

darr

Reaction score
So i got hold of a Exynos 976 5G set. It is on Android 11. Anyone know if there's Android 12 available for it yet?

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So i got hold of a Exynos 976 5G set. It is on Android 11. Anyone know if there's Android 12 available for it yet?

according to sammobile, android 12 firmware out for SM-976B, SM-976N, SM-976Q and SM-976U

darr

Reaction score
according to sammobile, android 12 firmware out for SM-976B, SM-976N, SM-976Q and SM-976U
Thks. Mine is 976B but there's no prompt. Also the Google Play system is 1 Mar 21 and stated up to date, when I click Check for update there's nothing new. MyAndroid security patch level stays at 1 May 21.

darr

Reaction score
Also another query. Is the only difference fake and real s pen in the Air gestures only? Mine keep saying cannot connect when it prompt me to insert my pen but it can detect being taken in and out of the phone, the sidebar will appear and can detect handwriting automatically and accurately. Everything works normal except cannot connect air actions.

Sorry first time s pen user.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also another query. Is the only difference fake and real s pen in the Air gestures only? Mine keep saying cannot connect when it prompt me to insert my pen but it can detect being taken in and out of the phone, the sidebar will appear and can detect handwriting automatically and accurately. Everything works normal except cannot connect air actions.

Sorry first time s pen user.
IMHO.
I think that is the case.
You can turn it off from here
Settings / Advanced Features / S-Pen / Air actions - ON or OFF.

I almost never use the air gestures but when I wanted to use it, the s-pen spoiled. 🤣

darr

Reaction score
IMHO.
I think that is the case.
You can turn it off from here
Settings / Advanced Features / S-Pen / Air actions - ON or OFF.

I almost never use the air gestures but when I wanted to use it, the s-pen spoiled. 🤣
I tried. When I turn that on/off it will immediately prompt me to insert the pen back to connect. Frankly I don't see much use for the air gestures, so long as the handwriting features remains quick and accurate I'm OK already.

When you mean spoilt, it totally cannot be use for handwriting?

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried. When I turn that on/off it will immediately prompt me to insert the pen back to connect. Frankly I don't see much use for the air gestures, so long as the handwriting features remains quick and accurate I'm OK already.

When you mean spoilt, it totally cannot be use for handwriting?

IMHO.
Spoiled as in asking me to reconnect. The use like handwriting i.e. poke here and there, is ok.

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks. Mine is 976B but there's no prompt. Also the Google Play system is 1 Mar 21 and stated up to date, when I click Check for update there's nothing new. MyAndroid security patch level stays at 1 May 21.

I think overseas set cannot update firmware OTA in Singapore. I posted similar qns a few weeks back.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.