Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally I can go JB to repair my car. Buang the side of my car more than a year ago, but too stingy to repair in SG haha.

Anyone got good and reliable workshop to recommend?
There is a self -pro-claimed owned a workshop in this thread that keep discouraging others from driving into JB for mod/ repair/servicing/petrol.
But dare not reveal his workshop for others to come. Another troll, another salty pax. lolz

Infinite

Reaction score
Nice this thread is back! Used to have a very useful Google sheet of recommended jb workshops. Time to camp for Giant Shell engine oil promo and bring in for an oil change! (though the prices in SG are quite competitive)

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tiagong later the mech drive your car out, don't come back, your car gone.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tiagong later the mech drive your car out, don't come back, your car gone.
Usually over there, have to exercise 200% alert. Stay throughout the repair process unless is your trusted workshop.
Agreed there are black sheep in every trade.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually over there, have to exercise 200% alert. Stay throughout the repair process unless is your trusted workshop.
Agreed there are black sheep in every trade.
You can trust the workshop but their mech drive your car off, the workshop also won't be responsible. So even if you 300% alert and always get into the car as they try to shift the car around the workshop etc. this risk is always present, especially for those fix kantong inside, and needs a test drive. Would you really let the mech drive it out on msia roads and expect the car to come back?

Trusted workshop yes, workshop owner you know well, yes. Workshop to compensate you a car (SG car + COE at today's price?)..... ... .. you dream on.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can trust the workshop but their mech drive your car off, the workshop also won't be responsible. So even if you 300% alert and always get into the car as they try to shift the car around the workshop etc. this risk is always present, especially for those fix kantong inside, and needs a test drive. Would you really let the mech drive it out on msia roads and expect the car to come back?

Trusted workshop yes, workshop owner you know well, yes. Workshop to compensate you a car (SG car + COE at today's price?)..... ... .. you dream on.
The workshop I use, is a OMO... Car no move till servicing/repair is over. Need test drive, Boss always call me along.
Again if this happens on SG workshop, car total lost, will get full compensation meh? Is the trust here lor.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The workshop I use, is a OMO... Car no move till servicing/repair is over. Need test drive, Boss always call me along.
Again if this happens on SG workshop, car total lost, will get full compensation meh? Is the trust here lor.
Again like I say, willing party, willing workshop, nothing to worry. When things happen then say, no happen everybody happy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.