AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just gotten my slim 7 ytd at courts....no need to wait for lelomo online delivery

9IlTSPt.jpg

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
just added 2TB NVMe SSD as second drive, 16gb 3200mhz ram (to make it 24gb)

and replaced the killer ax1650 to intel ax210 wifi6e network card.

i think killer card cannot make it lol
I've wondered, can the Killer 1650 work with the generic Intel ax1650 drivers?

As much as I want Wifi6e, I don't see a need for it now because the APs are still incredibly expensive, and I haven't replaced my wired infrastructure with 2.5/10GbE yet.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've wondered, can the Killer 1650 work with the generic Intel ax1650 drivers?

As much as I want Wifi6e, I don't see a need for it now because the APs are still incredibly expensive, and I haven't replaced my wired infrastructure with 2.5/10GbE yet.
i dunno leh, i never use other brands b4 for wifi cards

i trust intel's wifi better than another brands

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my Yoga Slim 7 about a year ago and over the past 2 months, my internet browser and Chrome keep crashing after some periods of usage. Anyone else experienced the same issues? I have tried reinstalling Chrome and Edge and did a reset of the laptop, after the reset, it was stable for a while but now the crash is back. Im thinking it might be a Windows/Lenovo update, but that is unlikely to affect only my laptop...
Mine is the slim 7 with 4700U proessor. No issues. It even replaces my desktop now as my main computer.

bullsback

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my Yoga Slim 7 about a year ago and over the past 2 months, my internet browser and Chrome keep crashing after some periods of usage. Anyone else experienced the same issues? I have tried reinstalling Chrome and Edge and did a reset of the laptop, after the reset, it was stable for a while but now the crash is back. Im thinking it might be a Windows/Lenovo update, but that is unlikely to affect only my laptop...
try using only one stick of memory or dont use external memory and use only on board memory

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Intel wifi ok, but BT always got problems :cautious:
This one I agree fully. It is full of problems and at times, very picky over what to connect. I got so frustrated with it that I had to buy an external Bluetooth dongle to make up for its shortfalls.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you try and go to say Chrome’s advance setting and disable the GPU acceleration, then try it again? I know you mentioned about both Chrome and Edge, but in the past where I ran into issues with Chrome, I always go in to disable GPU acceleration because that option tends to be the culprit. I don’t always do that unless I run into issue with Chrome.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.