Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

kachang_puteh

Reaction score
why need to replace so many times?
No idea. Screen turns very dark and stop refreshing every 1.5 years. Could be because I accept the software update every time. But it doesn't happen during software update but out of the blue.

My first LCD replacement was during warranty and done at Samsung customer service. The 2nd LCD replacement was done at Citri mobile People Park Centre.

MisterMobile txt me 1 week after repair to check if there is any issue. Not bad.

I didn't choose Samsung customer service after warranty as it require factory resetting the phone.

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh! Ok.. Thanks for the advice.. I'm thinking of waiting for the upcoming Ultra 22 cos rumors it's a Note but renamed... :)
thinking whether to get that to replace the note 9 as well. but the storage capacity is a concern for me since i don't think it will be having a sd card slot....

yperic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sian my Note 9 start to have the yellowish screen problem now using OLED Saver to temporary fix the problem don't know shall i send the phone for repair. 😢😭😩

I check 3rd party repair LCD replacement Grade A $218 LCD replacement OEM $118

Reaction score
I heard that the specs of this phone is pretty decent and the design of the phone itself looks big so its good for people who have big hands.

KayElf

Reaction score
Sian my Note 9 start to have the yellowish screen problem now using OLED Saver to temporary fix the problem don't know shall i send the phone for repair. 😢😭😩

Same here. Looks like happens to all. Replacement is costly, hence I am also using OLED Saver. No need phone entice me to buy yet. Still so much love to this Note9.

kachang_puteh

Reaction score

Can consider MisterMobile. I changed for my Note 9 LCD for $208 about a month ago.

Aw2006

Reaction score
You all got the yellow screen not long after software update right? I have upgraded to Note 20 but very wary of software update especially firmware up to One UI4.0 which is coming soon. Dreaded the day they force us to update.

Now I am selling my wife pristine condition note 9 silver at around $250. Still at Android 9 and One UI 1.0. Screen still beautiful and 100% wouldn't get yellow or green screen. This US set so will never be updated unless manual update.

cleodux

Reaction score
You all got the yellow screen not long after software update right? I have upgraded to Note 20 but very wary of software update especially firmware up to One UI4.0 which is coming soon. Dreaded the day they force us to update.

Now I am selling my wife pristine condition note 9 silver at around $250. Still at Android 9 and One UI 1.0. Screen still beautiful and 100% wouldn't get yellow or green screen. This US set so will never be updated unless manual update.
My current phone is note9, apart from the yellow screen everything still in pristine condition. I always thought is because wear and tear (eventhough i forever use blue light filter and auto brigtness) that my screen become like this. Before it even worse. I realized after i put my brightness to max i can tolerate the screen better.

Im thinking to do lcd replacement but everywhere i check is around 300sgd. Hubby said not worth it 😰 he rather buy new phone. Well i just preordered s22u 😂 he cannot complain hor..

Anyone can intro me a good shop to replace my screen?

Apart from screen the batt is also a bit problem but i dont mind charging it a few x a day.

weeguy

Reaction score
My current phone is note9, apart from the yellow screen everything still in pristine condition. I always thought is because wear and tear (eventhough i forever use blue light filter and auto brigtness) that my screen become like this. Before it even worse. I realized after i put my brightness to max i can tolerate the screen better.

Im thinking to do lcd replacement but everywhere i check is around 300sgd. Hubby said not worth it 😰 he rather buy new phone. Well i just preordered s22u 😂 he cannot complain hor..

Apart from screen the batt is also a bit problem but i dont mind charging it a few x a day.

https://www.mistermobile.com.sg/product/samsung-note-9-lcd-replacement/
Got mine done here. Pricing is even lower now compared to when I got mine.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i will go official samsung stores to do any replacement :o

dethangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll never let a third party repair shop do the repairs.

So many years of using my set... finally the battery gave out (original batt since day 1 and most recently had it replaced @ Samsung).

My experience:
Not sure how the other shops does it, but at Samsung - they replaced the screen + batt together due to the fact that the batt is glued to the back of the screen.

This requires abit of heating to break the seal/glue, which will likely damage the screen if not careful (that's why the insist on replacing the screen together - poor design i guess) - and of course resealing the phone back to factory spec.

But given how thin devices nowadays - there's nothing much that can be avoided.

When i collected the phone they actually replaced the rear cover/top and bottom portions of the phone. No cost added.

Now its in 100% new condition now. :LOL: (though previously the phone lived all its life in an otterbox defender - so it was pristine all the while)

Good to go for another few more years.

Adding on:
Ensure you fully backup your phone to a local computer using their SmartSwitch software. I went with backing up twice + Whatsapp to Google Drive (the usual)

Samsung Service Center requires you to do a factory reset in-front of them prior to them accepting your phone.

They will also reload your phone OS to the latest available and present it back to you for verification.

Last edited:

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll never let a third party repair shop do the repairs.

So many years of using my set... finally the battery gave out (original batt since day 1 and most recently had it replaced @ Samsung).

My experience:
Not sure how the other shops does it, but at Samsung - they replaced the screen + batt together due to the fact that the batt is glued to the screen.

This requires abit of heating to break the seal/glue, and of course resealing the phone back to factory spec.

When i collected the phone they actually replaced the rear cover/top and bottom portions of the phone. No cost added.

Now its in 100% new condition now. :LOL: (though previously the phone lived all its life in an otterbox defender - so it was pristine all the while)

Good to go for another few more years.
What's the damage like for the screen & battery?
Thanks.

Aw2006

Reaction score
My friend go samsung stores to fix and replace yellow tint screen. Now ganna 2nd time yellow screen after updates

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Hi, after owning a Note 9 since July 2019, 3 years on suddenly my device started to charge slowly even with fast charging on, for some reason.

Could it be the charger is faulty? Or maybe time to replace a new battery?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.