[[ Official November 2021 BTO ]]

Korosera

Reaction score
I still waiting for my selection for Feb 22bto
Probably not so fast. I was told by the HDB personnel that they're trying to hire staffs due to manpower shortage but not a lot of people applied because it's a contract position lol

Youngpang7

Reaction score
Went for flat selection 2 weeks ago, ballot number was 133.
Thanks for the update. I haven't received any news from HDB. Which estate did u choose? I balloted for River Peaks - wonder if different estates are on different timeframes.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I haven't received any news from HDB. Which estate did u choose? I balloted for River Peaks - wonder if different estates are on different timeframes.
Different estates are on different time frames. In fact, different room types in the same estate is also on different time frames.

Youngpang7

Reaction score
Different estates are on different time frames. In fact, different room types in the same estate is also on different time frames.
Thanks for the response. They're really quite inefficient and bad lack of communication. If private sector, they would not survive.

McFadden

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably not so fast. I was told by the HDB personnel that they're trying to hire staffs due to manpower shortage but not a lot of people applied because it's a contract position lol
But they last time put in June can select Liao.next week June Liao

alexxis

Reaction score
I also finally got my appt (for 3 rm), number on the site shows its currently at 148

Last edited:

Korosera

Reaction score
Yeah. Mine also River Peaks, so good luck! Probably your turn soon

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 room. would appreciate your insights on how you selected your unit.
1st thing 1st, congrats on getting a 4rm number for river peaks, it's a fantastic location.

I'm not sure what number you balloted so let's start with what are the zones around you

image-2022-07-05-143046665.png

River Peaks has a ratio of 5.8 and 6.1 (47 storeys). If you look south (where the cursor is) , there is a commercial and residential plot of 4.2, this means you probably need to be on a high floor (top 33%) to get unblock views in future. If you look north, the ratio is lower at 3.5, that means a mid floor (top 50%) unit will probably clear it.

Most people will avoid block 36A (from experience). Depending on what is your priority, most people will go for units that are closest to MRT (River Peaks 1) . In addition, the supermarket is located in River Peaks 1 vs F&B restaurants in River Peaks 2.

As for River Peaks 1, south facing stacks 110/112 is preferred because of privacy from lift lobby and wash area (rubbish chute) compared to 114/116. Stacks 100/102 is decent if you don't mind the unit mix. High floor units will have a nice view towards Bugis junction, Suntec City, Marina Bay and the sea. If you prefer North facing units, 118/120 is pretty good, even lowest floor (7th) should be clear of the MRT ventilation shaft.

Stacks 101/103 will be popular in River Peaks 2 as it is the exact same points as 110/112, 121 is partly blocked and has privacy issue from lift lobby. North facing stacks like 117/119 are best, 109 is partly blocked and the plus points are like 118/120 in River Peaks 1.

Fortunately all North and South facing stacks in River Peaks 1 and 2 will get some degree of west and east sun but it's negligible. The only concern is road noise from Jalan Besar Road and Ophir/Rochor Road because all of them experience heavy traffic. For those with kids (childcare in River Peaks 1), I can spot 3 primary schools but secondary schools will be further (e.g. Outram Secondary, Bendemeer Secondary), Lasalle/SOTA/NAFA/SMU are nearby.

Plenty of good food around this area like Tekka Market, City Square Mall, Berseh Food Centre, Bugis, etc. As for medical care there are Raffles Hospital Group, Farrer Park Hospital, KK Hospital and plenty of private GP clinics around.

In summary, it's a very good plot that is good for any family mix with Sky Terrace on the 27th storey for all blocks. Most popular stacks will be nearest to MRT and southern city/sea view.

Note that 4rm has 2 different layout.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.