iPhone 13 Series

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any long term review of the iPhone 13 mini battery life? How has it held up? Does it last after 5 hours of screen on time?

I don’t game much. Mostly browsing the web or social media and taking the occasional picture / video. I like the idea of a smaller phone than the iPhone 12 I’m using. The iPhone 12 battery doesn’t last me the whole day if I’m out the house at 7am (100% charge) and won’t be back until 9+pm.

Don't expect i12 battery life to be on 13mini.
With my moderate usage by noon, I'm left with around 70% with TT on background, connected to Apple watch and browsing social.

punggolkid

Reaction score
With my moderate usage by noon, I'm left with around 70% with TT on background, connected to Apple watch and browsing social.
Did you mean to say the 13mini has shorter battery life than the regular 12? I know the battery capacity is smaller but I thought it will last slightly longer based on the same usage pattern. I’m getting this reference from Mrwhosetheboss battery comparison on YouTube.

Right now my 12 went from 100% (9am) to 30% (3pm). With about 3-4 hours of screen on time. It doesn’t last me the whole day. I’m wondering if the 13 mini will do better.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you mean to say the 13mini has shorter battery life than the regular 12? I know the battery capacity is smaller but I thought it will last slightly longer based on the same usage pattern. I’m getting this reference from Mrwhosetheboss battery comparison on YouTube.

Right now my 12 went from 100% (9am) to 30% (3pm). With about 3-4 hours of screen on time. It doesn’t last me the whole day. I’m wondering if the 13 mini will do better.
I think at best, the 13 mini would be on par with your 12. Best get the larger versions if battery life is your concern, and if you can hit 30% by 3pm, it certainly is of concern.

punggolkid

Reaction score
I think at best, the 13 mini would be on par with your 12. Best get the larger versions if battery life is your concern, and if you can hit 30% by 3pm, it certainly is of concern.
Thanks for the tip. It does indeed reflect a similar battery life (the 13 mini and the regular 12) when comparing the official battery life specs on Apple’s site. I decided to go ahead with the 13 mini as I prefer the smaller size and it seems like I should be no worse off when it comes to battery life.

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
question, on the mobile data options..

voice & data > 5G on, 5G auto, 4G - which do you guys choose?

and what is 5G Standalone?

on the Data mode > Allow more data on 5G, Standard or Low Data mode?

sumtimes on the data mode, i select standard and it goes to 4g and sometimes lagging.

x3nor_S

Reaction score
Sorry noob question. Planning to switch to apple. I have a USB charger hub with power delivery I used previously for my android phone

Question:
- if I use the USB c to lightning cable will it quick charge the ip13? Any possible long term issue to the battery given that the watt is 60W from the port itself
- only USBc to lightning cable can fast charge? USB-A to lightning cannot? So if I plug to qc3.0 port it will downgrade to 5W charging?

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Sorry noob question. Planning to switch to apple. I have a USB charger hub with power delivery I used previously for my android phone

Question:
- if I use the USB c to lightning cable will it quick charge the ip13? Any possible long term issue to the battery given that the watt is 60W from the port itself
- only USBc to lightning cable can fast charge? USB-A to lightning cannot? So if I plug to qc3.0 port it will downgrade to 5W charging?
Iinw iphones can only charge max 29w speed. Nothing more than that.
60w will only charge at 29w speed
that's what i read

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Question:
1. Yes, the phone will decide how much power to draw from the 60W port/charger so no worry there.
2. USB-A to Lightning can also provide fast charge. QC3.0 port just means it can support QC3.0 charging if a compatible device is connected, else, if the port can provide fast charging for iPhone (non-QC), it will deliver its basic maximum power.

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not bad leh.

Does anyone have any long term review of the iPhone 13 mini battery life? How has it held up? Does it last after 5 hours of screen on time?

I don’t game much. Mostly browsing the web or social media and taking the occasional picture / video. I like the idea of a smaller phone than the iPhone 12 I’m using. The iPhone 12 battery doesn’t last me the whole day if I’m out the house at 7am (100% charge) and won’t be back until 9+pm.

read this on reddit i think and think is quite true - if you need to ask yourself if it's worth it/you need it/good enough, it probably isn't. i have never owned a 13 mini but can tell you those who get the mini literally get it because of the size. there's literally no other standout reason.

if your motivation is price; consider that the iphone 13 realistically is $100 more. if your motivation is compact screen then go ahead with the mini. it's allegedly the last of its kind le :(

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Any good lobang for iPhone 13 mini privacy screen protector. So hard to find good branded accessories for the mini

ckfreeblue

Reaction score
Anyone has this problem where the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen gets a bit unresponsive/stuttering when charging? Screen goes back to normal once its unplugged from the charger.

Also tried taking off the case to charge and the problem goes away.

Last edited:

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has this problem where the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen gets a bit unresponsive/stuttering when charging? Screen goes back to normal once its unplugged from the charger.

Oh yes when i'd first gotten the set, it was like this for maybe a few days, and i remembered doing a restart and all is fine...

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score

i dont remember my iPhone 13 Pro Max getting this when I got it during launch day

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
question, on the mobile data options..

voice & data > 5G on, 5G auto, 4G - which do you guys choose?

and what is 5G Standalone?

on the Data mode > Allow more data on 5G, Standard or Low Data mode?

sumtimes on the data mode, i select standard and it goes to 4g and sometimes lagging.

any advise pls..

ukyo100

Reaction score
My phone setting is permanent 4G because the 5G coverage not covered entire Island. switch to Auto mean the phone system will choose which line suitable use. 5G on mean permanent network on 5G is not a good idea unless you always working in town area.

nothin2do

Banned
Reaction score
My phone setting is permanent 4G because the 5G coverage not covered entire Island. switch to Auto mean the phone system will choose which line suitable use. 5G on mean permanent network on 5G is not a good idea unless you always working in town area.

if i am under unlimited plan. ok to use 5g?
cuz if i am under 4 g, sometimes i feel lagged

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.