Samsung A52 5G/4G

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can actually get a very well maintained iPhone 11 max pro at about 600 plus to 800 tbh.
most pple treat their iphone like gold and very careful so second hand usually v good condition.
that phone can prolly use another 3 to 5 years.
One reason why I decided to switch to Android is because of iPhone’s Face ID which I don’t like at all. I’m very glad Samsung still has fingerprint sensor for phones.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually find face id the best, next is power button fingerprint unlocking. I dun like fingerprint unlocking on the screen.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I actually find face id the best, next is power button fingerprint unlocking. I dun like fingerprint unlocking on the screen.
I like Face ID too, but mask wearing precludes that being effective. The last 2-3y, I found myself using my Android phones (Pixel 4a, then now Samsung) because of the fingerprint sensor.

It gets messy when I need to do personal tasks (eg Singpass), cos it means I need to pull down my mask briefly while outside. Only until recently did Apple finally address that, and even so only for the iPhone 12 and 13. It's actually quite sad, cos this is the kind of thing Steve Jobs and Jony Ive would have addressed early on in the pandemic - product usability is very important to them, and their passion and drive is what made Apple the company it is today.

Sadly, since Jobs died and Ives was forced out of Apple by Tim Cook, Apple is no longer the same - it's just a profit-driven company riding on a lot of old tech. Put a supply chain fellow up there, and all he cares about is to maximise profits at the lowest cost. No surprises why the price of the iPhone pretty much tripled from the time Jobs died. Jobs knew that all he had to do was to keep making quality products, and customers will buy. Cook is just riding on those laurels, and judging from recent C-level personnel movement, can't even retain staff anymore.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True on the face id, but the newer 12 and 13 now sports face id with masks on even for apps.

As for Ives, he is a creative guy. He did helped the company to grow but he also put limits on the products, eg everything needs to be slim, resulting in the MacBooks got limited ports. Pros and cons.

Veloso

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To enter recovery mode on A52S, cable has to be plugged in? Tried pressing volume up and power button, can't access.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok folks - I just received my A73 today.. got a bit confused when I looked at the charging cable: I think it's a USB C to C cable, please correct me if I'm wrong. Since I'm coming from an iPhone background (presently still using my 5 yr old iPhone 8+), I don't have any power adapters that a USB C cable can plug into. So my questions are:

- Can I buy normal USB to C cables & use them to charge my A73 from my old Apple 30w power adapter?
- Is it also possible to use normal USB to C cables and connect my A73 to my laptop so that I can use the Samsung Smart Switch to transfer data from my iPhone 8+ to my A73?

Again, apologies if these are seemingly silly questions but I'm a total newbie to Android & Samsung.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok folks - I just received my A73 today.. got a bit confused when I looked at the charging cable: I think it's a USB C to C cable, please correct me if I'm wrong. Since I'm coming from an iPhone background (presently still using my 5 yr old iPhone 8+), I don't have any power adapters that a USB C cable can plug into. So my questions are:

- Can I buy normal USB to C cables & use them to charge my A73 from my old Apple 30w power adapter?
- Is it also possible to use normal USB to C cables and connect my A73 to my laptop so that I can use the Samsung Smart Switch to transfer data from my iPhone 8+ to my A73?

Again, apologies if these are seemingly silly questions but I'm a total newbie to Android & Samsung.
For your 1st question, yes you can buy a normal usb to type c cable to charge using your apple 30w charger.

Sorry, don't have an iPhone thus cannot confirm on the smart switch part.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For your 1st question, yes you can buy a normal usb to type c cable to charge using your apple 30w charger.

Sorry, don't have an iPhone thus cannot confirm on the smart switch part.
Thanks so much. Appreciate it.

Asus80

Reaction score

can transfer IOS to Android Samsung & 1st time u setup sure show u from Android to Android or IOS to Android https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061001/

Last edited:

Kenshin79

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Can use normal USB A to USB C cable. But for optimum data speed and charging speed, ensure you are using USB 3.0 cable and 3A or 5A cables

waterballoon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still no sign on May update for local sets. What's Samsung Singapore doing?

need to make A52s less attractive to boost sales of garbage A53. This is their middle finger and silent call to you guys to move to A53 if you want timely updates.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys - I've been reading up and looking at YouTube on transferring data and apps (especially WhatsApp & WeChat) from iPhone to Android, specifically Samsung. And every one of the YouTube videos says a lightning to USB C cable is needed. Can you guys confirm that?

Is that a wireless way of transferring WhatsApp & WeChat from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy?

TIA again!

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Still no sign on May update for local sets. What's Samsung Singapore doing?
Was thinking of just downloading the Malaysian firmware, out 3 weeks ago, to update the 3 phones at home.

Definitely a Samsung Singapore issue, has been the case for years. It's not about job creation - it's about people not doing their job. Bochup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.