Vivo X80 series

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
Last year I tried X70 Pro+ from China
Lot of problems with whatsapp calls/msgs, basically all notifications are delayed.
I didn't have any issues with what's app and outlook notifications on my x70 pro plus. In fact it's the only 2 apps with no problems. all other apps like Straits Times, CNA, etc no notification at all. Very inconsistent. That's the problem with China rom delayed or no notifications.

shager

Master Member
Reaction score

According to Ben, the Vivo X80 Pro is not significantly better than the X70 Pro Plus.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with what's app and outlook notifications on my x70 pro plus. In fact it's the only 2 apps with no problems. all other apps like Straits Times, CNA, etc no notification at all. Very inconsistent. That's the problem with China rom delayed or no notifications.

never ever use china rom in sg, GPS might have issues as well

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the retail price is calculate based on tax, logistics, operational costs locally etc.

cant really blame them. Our country is over run by iphone/samsung.
this is why phone maker don't want to sell in sg or rather focus on mid range market.

beside warranty and the gms, i don't see any diff between local vs china set....

premium anot... they are assemble from the same components.
if u really like this phone, price isn't an issue......
else can just go get s22u 256gb $1400++

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
the retail price is calculate based on tax, logistics, operational costs locally etc.

cant really blame them. Our country is over run by iphone/samsung.
this is why phone maker don't want to sell in sg or rather focus on mid range market.

beside warranty and the gms, i don't see any diff between local vs china set....

premium anot... they are assemble from the same components.
if u really like this phone, price isn't an issue......
else can just go get s22u 256gb $1400++
Waiting for s22u to drop to 1.2++

keith00

Master Member
Reaction score
using x80 malaysia a set get from vivo ksl citymall for few hours now. compare to the previous huawei p30, it is definitely a great improvement
did you face any notification issue on funtouchOS? like whatsapp etc?
using X70pro plus china ROM now , dame sick of facing notification issue.
Was thinking to changing to X80 or Honor Magic 4 Pro

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.