Genting FAQ - Part 3

OMeGa666

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried the digital key (mobile check-in) for First World Hotel Tower 3 room? I wish to check in from the app before arriving, so that I can secure a room top-up with mountain view while still available. One digital key for myself and two physical RFID cards for my family (they are non-member).

1) An Aug 2020 guide says that activation is done by scanning code at hotel front desk. Is the Counter 1 queue still crazy now?

FWHmobilecheckin.png

2) Meanwhile, Digital Key FAQ (https://www.rwgenting.com/en/hotels/digital-key-faq.html) mentioned that "activate your digital key by approaching the Self check-in kiosk". Does it imply that I can simply activate the key and get my additional RFID card from normal self check-in kiosks across T1 and T3 lobbies without going through staffed front desk?

Another booking.com review condemning long queue for digital key activation via mobile check-in. Looks like no one can avoid queueing, be it via counter, check-in kiosk, or app.

Elilia
Reviewed; May 4, 2022

que was long if you use the mobile phone to activate room door. Quite difficult to activate room door with bluetooth from the phone, really dont think you should use this way. Room is very dusty and not clean. Just lower your expectations. The carpark lift door area is very smelly because its beside a public toilet, please hold your breath when you're going in / out of the door area.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another booking.com review condemning long queue for digital key activation via mobile check-in. Looks like no one can avoid queueing, be it via counter, check-in kiosk, or app.

ask them book crawford hotel ..cfm chop chop check in hahaha

OMeGa666

Master Member
Reaction score
ask them book crawford hotel ..cfm chop chop check in hahaha

Even with money, you also won't be guaranteed a room. Hotel rooms are either fully booked like hot cakes or reserved for Gold/Platinum members.

Anyway, speaking of membership tiers, is it true that Classic/Silver members are not allowed to use self check-in kiosk? This is really confusing as nowhere in any printout mentions the rule.
If you see different outcomes from the same system, the system is screwed up.

It was only at 3pm where we finally managed to get hold of someone who looked senior at the front desk and explained our whole ordeal. He politely helped us (among many others who queued behind us with the same issue) and told us that the front desk staff who told us to use the self check-in kiosk was probably new and did not know that only those with GOLD AND ABOVE Genting Card Holders are entitled to self check-in. Classic and Silver card holders can only check-in via the front desk counter.

https://goo.gl/maps/J3aqMWHAGZW9BeZdA

After that, we go for another manager, but the manager told us that they can't only help gold card or platinum card member check in, silver card member have to queue up at the counter for check in. After that we go for another kiosk machine assistant, and finally a young guy help us to check in our hotel. Is this what we called "double standard"? The manager can't help us to check in but another guy can do it although we are not gold or platinum card member.

https://goo.gl/maps/9zTFKZA3ZTdaLGM56

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even with money, you also won't be guaranteed a room. Hotel rooms are either fully booked like hot cakes or reserved for Gold/Platinum members.

Anyway, speaking of membership tiers, is it true that Classic/Silver members are not allowed to use self check-in kiosk? This is really confusing as nowhere in any printout mentions the rule.
If you see different outcomes from the same system, the system is screwed up.
crawford hotel got money likely have
u can book at booking.com or agoda
july many rooms even on wkend leh

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see the Dream Cruise thread like they give free cruise to members easily. Earn 8 TP get free cruise. Change membership card get free cruise.

Genting thread difficult to get rooms. Is Mr Lim trying to push the Genting regulars to Dream Cruise ?

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha nope not trolling. Honest question cos i dont usually travel during 7mth, but grounded too long liao...
Personally my family do travel , not only to genting, during the 7th mth. As what I have mentioned previously, respect and you will be respected.

dude123

Master Member
Reaction score
Wanna book FWH next month but fully booked. Dafug i tot will have rooms cos school holiday finish. Seriously who is hogging all the rooms :mad:

Any other hotel similar rate as FWH to recommend? :cry:

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna book FWH next month but fully booked. Dafug i tot will have rooms cos school holiday finish. Seriously who is hogging all the rooms :mad:

Any other hotel similar rate as FWH to recommend? :cry:

The only option for you is to book via tour agency.
Follow this WTS link to check their price inclusive of transportation (coach bus).
WTS Free and Easy for Genting non-members

1 Phone call away.. just call to check availability and prices.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Nobody is hogging. Footfall to the new outdoor theme park is picking up. Tourists from all over are visiting. Be prepared to stay at Gohtong Jaya or the Awana.

bigherosg

Reaction score
The first time booking is quite difficult maybe they want to see yr contribution first. On my 1st trip last mth only free standard n deluxe at fwh, hv to use pts for highland. 2nd trip hv highland but only 2 nites, current trip same highland 2 nites but fwh y5 triple 6nites. Still hv free nites for july n aug. Maybe after yr 1st trip, they will give u more rms.

OMeGa666

Master Member
Reaction score
As for the digital key, no need to queue. They hv kiosk for digital key activation.

Thanks for the info. Did you access the key activation kiosk at Tower 1 lobby or Tower 3 lobby?

Meanwhile, Skyworld's soft opening extended from 1st Jul onwards (with the exception of Photo+ removed, subject for extra charge). Most likely rides like Acorn Adventure, Mad Ram Peak, Planet of the Apes are not fully ready yet.
gsw-30Sept-acorn-cover-new-en.jpg

Last edited:

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The first time booking is quite difficult maybe they want to see yr contribution first. On my 1st trip last mth only free standard n deluxe at fwh, hv to use pts for highland. 2nd trip hv highland but only 2 nites, current trip same highland 2 nites but fwh y5 triple 6nites. Still hv free nites for july n aug. Maybe after yr 1st trip, they will give u more rms.
👍👍👍

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup....last wk stay maxim using gp

still no free maxim comp room sms haha

maybe next time

july book wkend maxim using gp as well

bigherosg

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Did you access the key activation kiosk at Tower 1 lobby or Tower 3 lobby?

Meanwhile, Skyworld's soft opening extended from 1st Jul onwards (with the exception of Photo+ removed, subject for extra charge). Most likely rides like Acorn Adventure, Mad Ram Peak, Planet of the Apes are not fully ready yet.
gsw-30Sept-acorn-cover-new-en.jpg
Digital key kiosk is at fwh main lobby just beside the self check in kiosk, if encounter difficulty can approach staff there. Normally 1 or 2 around the check in kiosk

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.