Vietnam

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lolx ikr but then again… different people different take. Thats why got thousands of different tour packages

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But I recall reading train to hoi an or danag to some hill resort few hours away or wat have those special train.

Ya... One thing about the train is they are not that tourist friendly or cater abit for better comfort traveling

Bigbird00

Reaction score
Now summer in Vietnam is super hot especially from central up to North
Temp in day time can hit 40-42 degrees
Walking outdoors even with sunblock like SPF50+++, your skin will still be tan

night time will drop to 28-33degree… you can put a glass of ice and watch it melt right in front of your eyes XD

Just pray hard to rain cuz it will really bring the temp down to the lower mid 20s

TRAIN at most is 4-pac cabin with bunk beds. Some comes with toilet ensuite.
but the cleanliness errrmmmm… really is heng suay
So imo if you have luggage To play safe… go with plane bah
If you backpack… can consider train.

i heard of 1day Hoi An tour… its a “Going to all the most famous spots” kinda trip
personally… i feel its kinda rush

previously i also did a 1day trip to dalat… very rush

Wah piang 40C ah!!!

Then can go swim & chill around the beaches and watch bikinis babes!

If staying around beach area, at night got any activities eg pubs or must go downtown area?

4 paxs/cabin is fine. Those with ensuite toilet is it like 1st class fares? Like to look at the scenery and some famous pass (dont know what is the name).

I only have a cabin bag. then only important stuff is my notebook. So can put into small backpack and bring into toilet.

Is the train that bad ah?

I may just spend a night or 2 in either HUe or Hoi An, i think Danang is more activities then these 2 smaller cities right? I afriad i get bored!

Do u join tours to these cities or can ownself recce?

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Wah piang 40C ah!!!

If staying around beach area, at night got any activities eg pubs or must go downtown area?

4 paxs/cabin is fine. Those with ensuite toilet is it like 1st class fares? Like to look at the scenery and some famous pass (dont know what is the name).

I only have a cabin bag. then only important stuff is my notebook. So can put into small backpack and bring into toilet.

I may just spend a night or 2 in either HUe or Hoi An, i think Danang is more activities then these 2 smaller cities right? I afriad i get bored!

When i went to HCM, i took the Klook local tour to Củ Chi tunnels.
coz there is no way u can go on your own. :s13:

Not sure for Hanoi & Danang.
Interested to know as well. :s12:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah piang 40C ah!!!

For train toilet condition… i read feedback from tripadvisor

some good, some bad

I have never visited any night pubs in danang. So I can’t recommend any good ones.

Personally I like danang… streets very walkable
Not very crowded.
Around 8pm or 9pm got fire & light display along the “Dragon bridge”

can slowly stroll along the wide walkway along the danang river.

many seafood restaurants along the whole danang sealine. If don’t know which one to choose…
Either go to the one which have a lot of local vietnamese people
Or check with the hotel staffs

cuz many restaurants operate mainly to entertain tourists and earn tourist $$$&

so local people won’t patronise at all

natsuoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh guys, trying to plan trip, I read on the vietair website, coming back to sg need to do prc test? Need prc test to enter Vietnam anot?

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh guys, trying to plan trip, I read on the vietair website, coming back to sg need to do prc test? Need prc test to enter Vietnam anot?
Singaporeans fly back sinkieland no need
But probably need to show vaccination proof.

anyway… if vietjet insist say need then do lor

natsuoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks guys, maybe it’s meant for foreigners ba. I asked many who came back from other countries also no need

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score

Vietnam , Thailand drop all Covid restrictions.

However. Do buy health insurance even though is not required. Is a must. :s12:

Heard some sad stories where ppl get Covid in overseas.

Is just a small amount for such big risk. :s12:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Came back from my trip. Danang and Hoi an were real fun and an easy trip with family. Love the Bana hills, restaurants in Danang, vinwonders and coconut forest in Hoi An. Should be going back in 2 years time to visit Hue and tailor more clothes in Hoi An. Even took a ride on scooter for first time in my life!

btw, if you visit Hoi An now, most massage shops offer 20-30% discount and some even offer free pickup and dripoff. No queue at all the famous restaurants and banh mi outlets.
Can share your itinerary of your Danang/Hoi An trip?

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Can share your itinerary of your Danang/Hoi An trip?
My itinerary 9 days leh…and very customised because my son likes amusement parks. I edited it a lot to plan for next trip in 2 years time So already not the same original schedule and itinerary

some tips
Family fun:
Bana hills, vin wonders from open to 6pm. Leave to eat dinner outside. Must go if have kids
Terracotta Park ( miniatures wonders of the world), pottery village to learn pottery making. Hoi an coconut forest boat ride, early morning go till about 11am. Must go to learn Hoi an village crafts and lives.
Hoi An memories show. World class show. The park is optional, many dances and performances till memories show time. Buy your drinks outside and before the show. A bottle of 500 ml mineral water cost 60k there, about sgd 3.50.
Golden dragon bridge show at Danang at 9 pm on weekends. Don’t stand too near, esp in front of dragon mouth.

restaurants in Danang:
Pizza 4P ( italian), Le Comptoir ( French), Fatfish ( American) Dim Sum (place is called Dim Sum), also go to any seafood restaurant where many locals eat to eat exotic clams, crabs and steamed fish. Local food can try Thia Go restaurant for Banh xeo Danang style. Can drink craft beer at pizza 4P And fatfish. Try coconut ice cream at Dua Ben tre 190. They give free coconut juice too. Many cafes to try egg coffee and coconut coffee and delicious cakes, I recommend Aroi Desserts Cafe for the teddy bear cake

street food in hoi An:
banh mi queen madam khanh, banh mi Phuong, banh mi phi, Mr Hai. Noodles for Mi Quang and Cao lau, Long Com Ga chicken rice, samurai kitchen (sake made in Hue) Hanok bbq Korean (Korean food in Vietnam is superb and value for money because many are owned by Koreans who migrated and live there) , any restaurant that serves white rose dumplings and the fried version.

Massage: opposite Mr hai. Noodles is Lemon tree spa and massage. I visited 3-4 spas and this is the best. 30% discount and free pickup and drop off service. The Thai massage was fantastic and on a bed, not mattress. Free orange or watermelon juice. I visited 3 times, I think. Best time to visit is 1pm to 3pm when it’s super hot as it was 37 degrees celsius. Don’t go to massage at night, spend your evening walking at the pedestrian only alleys at old town and admire the night view with the lanterns. Take the river boat ride. It’s fun.

Hotel: Sanouva danang, great location and service. The hotel gave me a tiramisu cake on the eve of my birthday though I checked out on my birthday to go Hoi An. On my return, gave my family free egg tarts to eat. My Hoi An homestay serves traditional Hoi An dishes for breakfast, I suppose most homestay do.

laundry: laundryhoian. The best period. WhatsApp +84 359899702 for pickup. Clothes folded nicely and price is cheap.

Tailoring : best bet within the short time is bebe tailor as the in house tailors work in same building. I actually had fitting on same day! However, don’t expect a lot of handwork. Skill with the sewing machine is fabulous though and shirt has double felled seam. I went there to CMT a suit, my wife did alterations and my son also cmt a suit and some shirts.

wife shopping: Lolem clothing. Dresses that you pay a third to a quarter of prices in Singapore. Hope you don’t buy the same dresses that my wife bought.

Souvenirs: go to hyper market and buy. More expensive at airport.

exchange money: opposite Han market got many gold shops. The corner unit, soan ha, is the best.

transport: use grab. There are some 25k or 25% discount promotions, use them for return trip to vin wonders because it is far from town ( I booked private car transfer to Bana hills, cheaper and good quality). Generally, private transfer is cheaper than use Grab, e,g trip to Hoi an and trip to Danang.

Last edited:

Bigbird00

Reaction score
I just checked Hanoi and danang rainy from now! 😭

Anyone there can confirm please! 🙏

Am departing next week!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.