Sony Xperia 10 IV

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Just to check. I have also just started using this Phone using M1 but was told that this phone does not support 5G even though I sub for the 5G Booster. So any comments ? Thanks

omelet

Reaction score
Guys,

Just to check. I have also just started using this Phone using M1 but was told that this phone does not support 5G even though I sub for the 5G Booster. So any comments ? Thanks
I am on Singtel and can only connect to 5G NSA.
From what I heard, M1 had ceased NSA so you will not be able to connect to 5G for this phone.

omelet

Reaction score
Have been using this phone for about a week now.

What I liked:
-Incredible battery life. (I can hit 4 days without charging.)
-Compact and light weight.
-Clean almost stock android UI, only the Camera, Music and Support app are Sony's.
-Plastic body is really solid, water resistance IP65/68 (other mid-range are lower than this)
-Headphone jack! Bluetooth latency begone!

What I don't like:
-UI is a little laggy
-Facebook, LinkIn and Netflix app pre-installed, only Netflix app can be fully uninstalled.
-Camera is crap, especially video recording.
-Haptic randomly lag as well when typing.

Other observation:
-Display looks good, no weird rainbow/graininess, bright enough.
-Although UI is a little slow and laggy, launching app or loading are still very quick.
-From first boot, was at 59%. Installed all app updates and played Idolmaster million live (3D standard settings, max settings is a little laggy) for 45min, exit and still have 50%.
-Phone gets pretty warm during gaming, but no noticeable drop in performance. Never seen any thermal warning notification before.
-Although it is single speaker, it still sounds ok as it is front firing, just slightly shifted to one side when in landscape. It is not like those single bottom firing speaker where you thought one of your ears had became deaf.
-5Ghz Wifi can connect at 866Mbps, so it seems that this phone uses a 2t2r antenna.
-Currently still at April security patch, not sure how often Sony updates their mid-range.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been using this phone for about a week now.

What I liked:
-Incredible battery life. (I can hit 4 days without charging.)
-Compact and light weight.
-Clean almost stock android UI, only the Camera, Music and Support app are Sony's.
-Plastic body is really solid, water resistance IP65/68 (other mid-range are lower than this)
-Headphone jack! Bluetooth latency begone!

What I don't like:
-UI is a little laggy
-Facebook, LinkIn and Netflix app pre-installed, only Netflix app can be fully uninstalled.
-Camera is crap, especially video recording.
-Haptic randomly lag as well when typing.

Other observation:
-Display looks good, no weird rainbow/graininess, bright enough.
-Although UI is a little slow and laggy, launching app or loading are still very quick.
-From first boot, was at 59%. Installed all app updates and played Idolmaster million live (3D standard settings, max settings is a little laggy) for 45min, exit and still have 50%.
-Phone gets pretty warm during gaming, but no noticeable drop in performance. Never seen any thermal warning notification before.
-Although it is single speaker, it still sounds ok as it is front firing, just slightly shifted to one side when in landscape. It is not like those single bottom firing speaker where you thought one of your ears had became deaf.
-5Ghz Wifi can connect at 866Mbps, so it seems that this phone uses a 2t2r antenna.
-Currently still at April security patch, not sure how often Sony updates their mid-range.

How u play million live with that kind of delay?

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, after experiencing 5G SA on S22+....you aren't missing much by staying on 4G.

Huh? What do you mean? I used the headphone jack.:s13:
the lag from the game lol.. i played on mid range phone before. got stuttering..

isnt 5G SA supposed to be faster, better and more stable? o_O

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the night mode is good
QqzkJU9.jpg

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to go to last app used, press recent once, then double tap

rated battery 5000 mAh, Accubattery shows 5291 and 5440.1 mAh

battery charges super super slow

yesterday I saw Sony 30W charger @ Westgate S$69. I think this phone isn't 30w charging

my YouTube unboxing video is up

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

chooyoshi

Reaction score

yesterday I saw Sony 30W charger @ Westgate S$69. I think this phone isn't 30w charging

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Look for ugreen charger on shopee. A pd pps supporting charger will be needed to maximize speeds

omelet

Reaction score
the lag from the game lol.. i played on mid range phone before. got stuttering..

isnt 5G SA supposed to be faster, better and more stable? o_O
It plays fine on 3D標準 settings, maybe a bit of random stutter when the device get really hot...3D軽量 might be better but I didn't try it. 3D高画質 is laggy though.
This phone has 120hz touch sampling if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, not sure if it is the phone's issue but..
1. 5G coverage is still limited
2. No VoNR/5G Voice yet, not an issue but..
3. 5G seem to be buggy, it sometimes unable to switch between 4G and 5G SA/NSA properly, hence you might encounter losing VoLTE, 5G has no signal and it won't switch back to 4G. Had to restart phone/turn airplane mode on/off to get back usable signal. It happens so randomly even at home where I can get full bar 5G SA, it will randomly just do that.
4. Setting the phone to 4G mode, and it became stable. So....end up just use 4G.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
What charger did you use to charge? I used the Belkin Gan 30W and Samsung 45W charger, charging speed seem fine, not the fastest but quick enough. You can also consider the Google 30W charger from Google store, it is $45, cheaper than Sony's, also comes with cable.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It plays fine on 3D標準 settings, maybe a bit of random stutter when the device get really hot...3D軽量 might be better but I didn't try it. 3D高画質 is laggy though.
This phone has 120hz touch sampling if I am not mistaken.
Yeah, not sure if it is the phone's issue but..
1. 5G coverage is still limited
2. No VoNR/5G Voice yet, not an issue but..
3. 5G seem to be buggy, it sometimes unable to switch between 4G and 5G SA/NSA properly, hence you might encounter losing VoLTE, 5G has no signal and it won't switch back to 4G. Had to restart phone/turn airplane mode on/off to get back usable signal. It happens so randomly even at home where I can get full bar 5G SA, it will randomly just do that.
4. Setting the phone to 4G mode, and it became stable. So....end up just use 4G.
What charger did you use to charge? I used the Belkin Gan 30W and Samsung 45W charger, charging speed seem fine, not the fastest but quick enough. You can also consider the Google 30W charger from Google store, it is $45, cheaper than Sony's, also comes with cable.

I use my Xiaomi 11T Pro 120W charger and Xiaomi 65W GAN charger and a bit of cygnett 60W charger with verbatim 100W cable. the Xiaomi chargers I use original came with chargers cables

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.