Sony Xperia 10 IV

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the lag from the game lol.. i played on mid range phone before. got stuttering..

isnt 5G SA supposed to be faster, better and more stable? o_O

5G SA is not here to replace 4G anytime, only to be a better network before they retire 3G.

5G offers theoretically higher max. speed, but actual average speed used by 4G is normally not even up to 100mbps so it is a moot point.

5G comes with better latency, higher response time which is the better reason of upgrade. But not available in whole country defeats the purpose of stability and overall usage. So 4G, and 3G to some extend are still the main pillars.

omelet

Reaction score
I use my Xiaomi 11T Pro 120W charger and Xiaomi 65W GAN charger and a bit of cygnett 60W charger with verbatim 100W cable. the Xiaomi chargers I use original came with chargers cables

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
I tried looking at the specs of your charger, the official website of Xiaomi makes no mention of Power Delivery /PPS. However, 3rd party website/forum says they supports PD/PPS.

You can try use your Cygnett 60W charger with it's original USB C to C cable and see if it is faster. If it still feel slow to you, then you probably won't benefit from the Sony 30W charger.

Anyway, can't really explain why it charges very slow for you unless you are comparing with your Xiaomi which can charge at 120W. The Xperia 10 IV being a midrange phone that doesn't even tell you the specs probably can't charge at that kind of speed. Most flagship nowadays uses 30/45W PD/PPS standard, I can only guess a mid range with PD support will be lower.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried looking at the specs of your charger, the official website of Xiaomi makes no mention of Power Delivery /PPS. However, 3rd party website/forum says they supports PD/PPS.

You can try use your Cygnett 60W charger with it's original USB C to C cable and see if it is faster. If it still feel slow to you, then you probably won't benefit from the Sony 30W charger.

Anyway, can't really explain why it charges very slow for you unless you are comparing with your Xiaomi which can charge at 120W. The Xperia 10 IV being a midrange phone that doesn't even tell you the specs probably can't charge at that kind of speed. Most flagship nowadays uses 30/45W PD/PPS standard, I can only guess a mid range with PD support will be lower.
your charging speed is determined by the speed of your device.

your device supports up to 30W only, u put a 1000W charger also no use. it will only use 30W..

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering to jump to this from my Pixel 4a, need more actual user review to determine.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to go to last app used, press recent once, then double tap
rated battery 5000 mAh, Accubattery shows 5291 and 5440.1 mAh
battery charges super super slow
yesterday I saw Sony 30W charger @ Westgate S$69. I think this phone isn't 30w charging
my YouTube unboxing video is up
Read HWZ Forum Rules!

should be press recent once, then press again to go to last app

Xiaomi is simply double press recent for last app

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Deathskull88

Reaction score
Wow, how you stretch for 4 days without charging? Did you put it in Stamina Mode?
I only managed to stretched to 2nd day.
Now, I set the Battery Care to charge to 80%. Can stretch to 2nd day if I don't surf web/insta/reddit too much.

But still, pretty impressed with the battery stamina. Also one of the main reason to get this phone.

This phone doesn't even come with calculator app lol. had to install third party app.

Camera is pretty decent for me, though taking the shot seems a tad slow. Never tried night shots yet but read that using HDR is good for those. Never tried video taking also.

I don't game on phones so no comments on gaming

I only use 4G so no comments on 5G connection

Watching shows or listening to music on the speakers is not balanced becos they are on the bottom, but I normally use wireless earphones so no issue for me.

This is my first phone with OLED display, loving it though I suspect it leeches more batt than LCD displays

Overall I am happy with the phone, tho I miss the compact form factor of my old XZ1 Compact

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How can I get rid the 4G+ ? I just want to stick to 4G network
The + is a drainer

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
How can I get rid the 4G+ ? I just want to stick to 4G network
The + is a drainer
Shouldn't drain that much. Better than 5g network. Somemore this phone is really Sony current king of battery endurance.

omelet

Reaction score
Wow, how you stretch for 4 days without charging? Did you put it in Stamina Mode?
I only managed to stretched to 2nd day.
Now, I set the Battery Care to charge to 80%. Can stretch to 2nd day if I don't surf web/insta/reddit too much.

But still, pretty impressed with the battery stamina. Also one of the main reason to get this phone.

This phone doesn't even come with calculator app lol. had to install third party app.

Camera is pretty decent for me, though taking the shot seems a tad slow. Never tried night shots yet but read that using HDR is good for those. Never tried video taking also.

I don't game on phones so no comments on gaming

I only use 4G so no comments on 5G connection

Watching shows or listening to music on the speakers is not balanced becos they are on the bottom, but I normally use wireless earphones so no issue for me.

This is my first phone with OLED display, loving it though I suspect it leeches more batt than LCD displays

Overall I am happy with the phone, tho I miss the compact form factor of my old XZ1 Compact
Probably usage differs...

I don't use social media apps. If need, I use the browser.
Browser I use firefox strict mode with uBlock.

These are the only settings i changed:
Stamina mode off, battery care off. (I don't use this because I never let my phone charge overnight)
Everything else left on, WiFI/BT/GPS/NFC ..etc
FB/Linkedin disabled.
Disable 5G
Video image optimization off (This feature make youtube video looks weird and potentially eat more battery when watching video)
Dark theme on
I did factory reset start fresh (even if new), no transfer of old data from previous phone. Contacts, photos etc...just sync back using google account. Other app just download and login one by one. (Prevent old data/apps from transferring over)

This is from 100%, I can comfortably reach 3 days with 30% battery left for the 4th day.
If I use battery care restrict to 80%, means reduce by 1 day.

During setup can check the Google calculator app during additional app selection and it would have came with it. If not just go to playstore and download Google Calculator.

omelet

Reaction score
Considering to jump to this from my Pixel 4a, need more actual user review to determine.
I still have the Pixel 4a.
4a's UI still feels more fluid and faster than 10IV.
The camera is also better on the 4a.

The main advantage of the 10IV over 4a is the battery life and ip65/68 water resistant.

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The main advantage of the 10IV over 4a is the battery life and ip65/68 water resistant.
That was my guess too. 4a's UI and camera is unmatched at that price point.

chooyoshi

Reaction score

Also keep the 4a for free and unlimited backup in Google photos in compressed quality. Shots and videos from 10iv can be transferred through nearby share

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.