Bangkok Trip - Part 1

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need international license right ? and also maybe a lot of tolls and bribing along the way..

Thailand recognize SG driving license.... LOL dont think too much la simi bribe.

yes, idp.

i dont think its official, so idp still better...

toll only when u exit bkk, maybe 2 toll? each maybe 50 baht+-? no bribe la. think too much

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Official......But of cuz IDP make it easier for rental.

can you find me the law stating official?

i always rent, and all the time it asks for IDP.

anyway, getting idp is a 5min thing, and only 20$, not sure why want to risk if u want to rent, and they don't let you cause you think is official but they don't think so. not all the staff are up to date and trained even if that is true

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
can you find me the law stating official?

i always rent, and all the time it asks for IDP.

anyway, getting idp is a 5min thing, and only 20$, not sure why want to risk if u want to rent, and they don't let you cause you think is official but they don't think so. not all the staff are up to date and trained even if that is true
You can search for ASEAN driving license. When doing rental, is subject to the company whether they require you to have IDP...

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
ya lo, you already see subject liao. so why risk?
Can always check with the rental company first before booking?? Unless you doing last minute rental then is better to have IDP. I always rent in HH, PKT, CNX no issue. Even police spot check just show the driving license can Liao.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can always check with the rental company first before booking?? Unless you doing last minute rental then is better to have IDP. I always rent in HH, PKT, CNX no issue. Even police spot check just show the driving license can Liao.

sure....i guess that works, until you meet the police that don't recognize your driving license lo

each to his own ba.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for better understanding

https://asean.org/legaldocumentpare...ic-driving-license-issued-by-asean-countries/
last time they have Thailand agreement also but dunno y now dun have.

but i think safer to get IDP since if anything happens claiming insurance would be smoother or if u encounter police who is out to make things difficult by claiming that no such things as Singapore DL can use in Thailand.

dun tell me u want to risk spending a night back at their office just to sort things out?

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recall the rule was driving license issued in english
so it's more of a language thing, so that they can at least understand and recognise that it is a valid driving license

Synchron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, can I check with you guys what's the duration for the Thai pass to be approved ? Looking to go tomorrow but I'm not sure if can make it in time

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
i dont think need a pass right?

do all of u changed currency only in thailand or in sg first? or all rush to Superrich?
if not use Youtrip?

https://blog.seedly.sg/best-money-changer-singapore-buy-sell-column-look/

these cheapest??
Thai Baht (THB)Raffles Money Change Pte LtdThe Arcade, #02-10, 11 Collyer Quay, S0493178890 0065

9816 5651
ZeroEx Pte Ltd (Woodlands North MRT Station)20 Woodlands North Coast Road, #B1-02, S7376686469 4378
Golden Horse Prize Enterprise810 Geylang Road, #01-08 City Plaza, S409286

adven7

Reaction score
Because it falls before 1st July I need to apply for the Thai pass thingy right ?

I'm only going for 6 days though
Yes before 1 Jul need Thai pass. Application is online and heard it is almost immediate but some said it takes about 30 mins

Hungry kid

Reaction score
i dont think need a pass right?

do all of u changed currency only in thailand or in sg first? or all rush to Superrich?
if not use Youtrip?

https://blog.seedly.sg/best-money-changer-singapore-buy-sell-column-look/

these cheapest??
Thai Baht (THB)Raffles Money Change Pte LtdThe Arcade, #02-10, 11 Collyer Quay, S0493178890 0065

9816 5651
ZeroEx Pte Ltd (Woodlands North MRT Station)20 Woodlands North Coast Road, #B1-02, S7376686469 4378
Golden Horse Prize Enterprise810 Geylang Road, #01-08 City Plaza, S409286
i think best is to change in Sin before heading over. Less of a trouble and the difference are not that much unless u changing 10 K or planning to buy a rolex back.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think best is to change in Sin before heading over. Less of a trouble and the difference are not that much unless u changing 10 K or planning to buy a rolex back.
Really depend on how is your trip.
Example you only stay in BKK, then changing with Superrich is better (better rate).
Example you going few places outside BKK, then it changing in SG is better. (convenient)

darcbleu

Reaction score
Really depend on how is your trip.
Example you only stay in BKK, then changing with Superrich is better (better rate).
Example you going few places outside BKK, then it changing in SG is better. (convenient)
i think airport also have superrich near the airport rail.
rates should be the same as in bangkok downtown?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.