Johor Bahru - share is caring - Part 2

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
I have some free time tomorrow afternoon after 1 pm, am thinking of visiting JB tomorrow just to get out the country.

But I don't really like shopping. I am a bit of a foodie but I just has a wisdom tooth extraction and can't eat solid food or hot food either. Yoghurt, or bean curd is safest for me.

Is there interesting mall in JB to visit? So far, I have visited City Square, Komtar, KSL, Aeon Tebrau, Toppen, Sutera Mall and Aeon Bukit Indah.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there interesting mall in JB to visit? So far, I have visited City Square, Komtar, KSL, Aeon Tebrau, Toppen, Sutera Mall and Aeon Bukit Indah.

thanks for your interesting JB updates

think u will find all the malls boring, most are the same ... Mid Valley, Paradigm ... more of the same

personally I dont find food/restaurant in malls appealing ... I wld rather venture outside for food where possible

at Sutera area, u shld have visited Pekin Restaurant ... but if 1 person, a bit hard to try many dishes .. Pekin have 5 outlets in JB, it is definitely worth trying

I have also been visiting Gim Cheng for dim sum, best to go weekday mornings ... its a bit far but it is the best by far

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score

think u will find all the malls boring, most are the same ... Mid Valley, Paradigm ... more of the same

personally I dont find food/restaurant in malls appealing ... I wld rather venture outside for food where possible

at Sutera area, u shld have visited Pekin Restaurant ... but if 1 person, a bit hard to try many dishes .. Pekin have 5 outlets in JB, it is definitely worth trying

I have also been visiting Gim Cheng for dim sum, best to go weekday mornings ... its a bit far but it is the best by far
Oh, Gim Cheng sounds interesting but I now can't take solid food, maybe next weekend........

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, Gim Cheng sounds interesting but I now can't take solid food, maybe next weekend........

GC will be crowded during weekend but the Q moves fast

for 1-2 pax, will b faster if OK to share table

we were a group of 12, 10am Sun, very packed ... My Q was 100, the Q was at 78 ... within 20 mins we got 2 tables

however, some popular n unique dishes (eg siew mai with salted egg) were sold out

when u reach, take a Q number from the table at the entrance and wait for the boss/staff to call out the number. After seated, take the order chit, and a tray and get the food yourself, staff will chop chop

100m down from GC is a coffee shop ... the coffee and yong tau hu is very good ... GC only serves tea, no coffee

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How u go GC? Grab?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whete
Where did you guys bought your Touch N Go cards from? Inside JB? I am thinking of getting one.
I got my first one from the Watsons membership, the EZLink x TnG one from Shopee, and then the enhanced NFC one from Lazada.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy IT products from jb? Where can I buy IT products from JB?

why would you want to do that? warranty/rma will be troublesome, and it most likely won't be any cheaper than if you get IT products during the very frequent sales event on shopee/lazada.

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my first one from the Watsons membership, the EZLink x TnG one from Shopee, and then the enhanced NFC one from Lazada.
The Watson ppl say the NFC one no stock liao. N have to buy on the website and is out of stock. But this info is as of may. Not sure now got stock liao bo.the old version seem no use for ppl who don't use for carpark/toll. I also went to their office for refund. Got the Watsons version tng card

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why would you want to do that? warranty/rma will be troublesome, and it most likely won't be any cheaper than if you get IT products during the very frequent sales event on shopee/lazada.
The HDMI cable seems expensive for long ones. Want to see if jb sell cheaper or not. As for HDD, I don't do rma. If spoil I rather leave it like tat. Dun trust my data with strangers. Lol so rma is not a consideration for me

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Watson ppl say the NFC one no stock liao. N have to buy on the website and is out of stock. But this info is as of may. Not sure now got stock liao bo.the old version seem no use for ppl who don't use for carpark/toll. I also went to their office for refund. Got the Watsons version tng card
Where is their office?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, NFC one's "immediate" availability is through Shopee and Lazada, and of course, will have to pay more for this convenience if one can't wait.

Otherwise can order through their app, probably got to go there to collect when available... or maybe provide a local address for delivery. Not sure, as I didn't click on that option.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Touch n Go office? Should be able to find through Google.
Where is their office?
Since custom reopens on April, as far as i know within JB, there is no TnG office still operating.
If need for refund, i think only way is via online route.
Get from online then continue your trip. If not urgent, then wait awhile till someone update there is TnG office opens.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.